LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 421 users in the forums

Who will have more Rushing yards this week A Peterson or F Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will have more Rushing yards this week A Peterson or F Gore

Okay guys I hate to do this but the 1.6 ypc average is just a bit of fluff imho.

Don't get me wrong I am COMPLETELY behind this Defense. I want them to do well in every game. But that's just not going to happen.

While 1.6 looks good, go back to the Seattle game and take a look at what happened.

The steamedchickens go into the half down by 3. Open up the second half and Frank IMMEDIATELY drops 7 on em like it's nothing. How did they respond? Knapp all but went away from the Run. I seriously doubt that we'll have this kind of game against Minnesota. I don't believe that we'll give up more than a 4 ypc average to the Visqueens, but 1.6 ypc average is nothing but smoke and mirrors right now as far as I am concerned.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by verb1der:
The homer inside me voted for Gore.

I'm a homer too...
Originally posted by tohara3:
Gonna be a great game, but I think this game is going to come down to which quarterback can make the most plays in the passing game.

This
If Kevin jones and the heartless lions can combine for 127 yards and a TD than frank is definitely having a good game. Also the secondary handled three of the best recievers in boldin,Fitzgerald,and houshmanzadah.....so I think we should be ok against the rookie WRs in minn.
The Vikes are going to come with a similar gameplan to Arizona's in game 1. They are going to make it so Hill is the one who has to beat them, not Gore.

Sing and Raye have to know this. Our WRs are going to have to come out in this game.
Originally posted by susweel:
I think Peterson will, vikings run defense is better then ours.

Are they? They are giving up 4 ypc, while we are giving up less than 3. So far this season... Our runD >> Min runD
frank the tank
Gore 127
AP 76

Hill 204
Favre 227

Niners 24 Vikings 21
Originally posted by susweel:
I think Peterson will, vikings run defense is better then ours.

I must respectfully disagree with you sir, and that doesn't happen often.
  • mod
  • Veteran
your delusional if you think gore can score 100+ yards and 2 TDs on that Defense...

http://www.cultclassicts.com/cgi-bin/shirt.cgi/cultclassicts.cultclassicts-25080778+frank-the-tank-yellow-t-shirt.html
Originally posted by modninerfan:
your delusional if you think gore can score 100+ yards and 2 TDs on that Defense...

K Smith who isint even close in talent compaired to F Gore had 83 yards rushing against them this week, with a rookie QB handing him the ball no less. So I dont see how my #'s are that far fetched.

Insulting someone cause you dont agree with them isn't called for thanks for your opion though

Go Niners!!
[ Edited by 9erfreak on Sep 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The Vikes are going to come with a similar gameplan to Arizona's in game 1. They are going to make it so Hill is the one who has to beat them, not Gore.

Sing and Raye have to know this. Our WRs are going to have to come out in this game.

Agreed. For some reason, i almost feel certain that we're not going to be beating them with the running game like last week.

Hill will have to get Davis and any of the other WRs not named Bruce involved.

Edit: I voted Peterson.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM ]
I think the success of Coffee on Gore's breathers will be one of the big factors in this game.
If we can block these two, Gore will have a monster day . . .
Share 49ersWebzone