There are 292 users in the forums

Jed York appreciation thread!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Huge props to Jed for making us try to forget what his Father and Terry Donahue did to this once proud franchise. And that's saying something!
  • dj43
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
He's kinda like the Shane-O-Mac of the WWE. I'll give him some applause for being willing to meet w/ Crabtree and Parker. But I also have some reservation on how quickly York and Co. was "willing" to meet w/ them when they ignored his invitation to meet weeks ago. If it were me, I would've made them wait 'til after the Falcons game and during the Bye week to resume contract negotiations. Would've been less distractions as well as give them a taste of their own medicine by making them wait for a change.

eh, I feel you but in this case, the sooner you take your medicine the sooner you get over it. This way MC has two weeks to learn the system and one of those will be the bye week where there will be fewer distractions.
Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Jed York and Mike Singletary for putting everything together with Crabtree and everything. Awsome work guys.......just keep it up and we might have another dynasty on our hands to deal with, now that would be difficult to deal with, lol, all this winning games and all, jeez, lol.

And lets not fool ourselves. You can thank Dr. s**t For Brains on why Crabs and Parker even tried this nonsense. We have been known as a pretty pathetic franchise around the water coolers, the kind of organization that can be exploited by greedy players.

But now the word is out, there is a new sherriff in town.
Well played, Jed. You better hope like hell it pays off.
He's a stupid piece of sh** just like his father and part of the problem.

Jed gets massive props for today
  • Veteran
The whole family is retarded, how long does it take for these guys to realize the crap they keep hiring is not working. This is what happens when a kid runs a multi million dollars business.What a life!!
Originally posted by 190836:
The whole family is retarded, how long does it take for these guys to realize the crap they keep hiring is not working. This is what happens when a kid runs a multi million dollars business.What a life!!

This.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 190836:

This.

how old is that c********r?

Jed has done well so far, and I don't quite understand the harsh criticism. He seems to actually get things done, which is far better than what the previous Yorks were accomplishing...

1) Fire Nolan, gave Sing interim head coach - obvious choice since Sing was there and had great suppport of the locker room.
2) Sing gets hired for 4 years - While other HCs were available, Sing had the support of the team, fans, and coaches alike. The is an okay choice, because he basically handed Singletary the job. I do not feel like he even attempted to interview other HCs.
3) Fire McClouhgan - average GM at best. Brought us some great talent, but Baalke is making McCloughan look really bad as all of his picks made the team and are actively recieving playing time.
4) Push stadium to Santa Clara - The vote passed and we should recieve a new stadium in 2014. Jed has been the face of the whole process, while being actively involved in the community support of the stadium.
5) Forcing change after 0-3 start...? - this is highly speculative, but I believe it more firmly after watching Sing's press conference. He either gave Sing an ultimatum or said he needs to get the offense fixed

Overall, I would say he is doing pretty well so far, being that he is only on his 3rd year as the face/owner of the Niners... Considering how his parents were completely absent prior to his involvement, it is very refreshing to see an owner who seems to care...
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Sep 27, 2010 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Jed has done well so far, and I don't quite understand the harsh criticism. He seems to actually get things done, which is far better than what the previous Yorks were accomplishing...

1) Fire Nolan, gave Sing interim head coach - obvious choice since Sing was there and had great suppport of the locker room.
2) Sing gets hired for 4 years - While other HCs were available, Sing had the support of the team, fans, and coaches alike. The is an okay choice, because he basically handed Singletary the job. I do not feel like he even attempted to interview other HCs.
3) Fire McClouhgan - average GM at best. Brought us some great talent, but Baalke is making McCloughan look really bad as all of his picks made the team and are actively recieving playing time.
4) Push stadium to Santa Clara - The vote passed and we should recieve a new stadium in 2014. Jed has been the face of the whole process, while being actively involved in the community support of the stadium.
5) Forcing change after 0-3 start...? - this is highly speculative, but I believe it more firmly after watching Sing's press conference. He either gave Sing an ultimatum or said he needs to get the offense fixed

Overall, I would say he is doing pretty well so far, being that he is only on his 3rd year as the face/owner of the Niners... Considering how his parents were completely absent prior to his involvement, it is very refreshing to see an owner who seems to care...

What's so good about him? Just like his father. Reactionary firing. Hiring non proven idiots to replace them. And then repeating the cycle over and over.

Looks like John York to me. Just a younger face...

What's so good about him? Just like his father. Reactionary firing. Hiring non proven idiots to replace them. And then repeating the cycle over and over.

What did you really want him to do? This was/is a make it or brake it year for this organization. If we suck everybody gets fired, so by the end of the year we will know what we are doing. In just 3 years he could have a whole new coaching staff and franchise QB, he's doing what he can now.
Originally posted by jreff22:

What did you really want him to do? This was/is a make it or brake it year for this organization. If we suck everybody gets fired, so by the end of the year we will know what we are doing. In just 3 years he could have a whole new coaching staff and franchise QB, he's doing what he can now.

That's the York pattern. Every 3 years get a new coaching staff, some organization guys, a few new players, "PROMISE CHANGE", ask the people to fund a new stadium, cross your fingers and hope for luck and never mind hiring proven winners at an expensive price...
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's the York pattern. Every 3 years get a new coaching staff, some organization guys, a few new players, "PROMISE CHANGE", ask the people to fund a new stadium, cross your fingers and hope for luck and never mind hiring proven winners at an expensive price...

Would you prefer him to fire everybody every year if we don't get to the Superbowl? This is his first HC, give the kid some chance.
Share 49ersWebzone