There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No respect from Vegas

• crzy
  • Veteran
Vikings open up as 7 point favorites
That line will go down I expect some wiseguys to drop serious loot on the 49ers and move the line.

IE: The Pats opened up as 7 pt faves vs the Jets and the line was 4 at game time.
Originally posted by crzy:
Vikings open up as 7 point favorites

That is showing us a little respect. It is a home game which counts for about 3 in itself. We have to prove ourseoves out of our division to get more recognition you know what I mean??
What's the over/under?

Usually home teams get -3 to start with, so i'm not really that surprised..

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM ]
Besides, the lines aren't made based on who they think will win or by how much, but by what the general consensus is and what odds they need to give people to even out the betting.

"Vegas", may think we will win the game, but the early action has way more money on the Vikes, so they have to make it a more attractive bet.
[ Edited by TexasNiner on Sep 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM ]
Well, I think the niners win this and everybody will turn heads and start respecting, only problem is it will make things harder on them for sure. If they lose, people won't respect them, like some niner fans, then that will allow the niners to pull a wool over some eyes before they realize it.
I really hope we come out & put some pressure on Favre so we can cause some turnovers
Originally posted by tohara3:
I really hope we come out & put some pressure on Favre so we can cause some turnovers

We need to come out and stop AP. Favre has only thrown for 265 yds in 2 games. Week one 110yds and week two 155yds. We need to stop AP and force them to throw the ball. Thats our best shot at winning.
No respect to the Cleveland Browns at + 13 against Balt.

as for the 49ers games, what do u guys think about the over/under of 40.5?
Originally posted by kronik:
No respect to the Cleveland Browns at + 13 against Balt.

as for the 49ers games, what do u guys think about the over/under of 40.5?

That probably sounds about right. Tough call to make.

Both teams are going to be running the ball so there really is very little time to rack up huge scores.

-9fA
Last time we played the Vikings (two years ago) we played them very tough and won, holding Peterson to just a handful of yards. Willis was amazing.

I expect a pretty similar game this time. Niners will take an early lead, keep it close, and win ugly...it's just going to be that kind of season.
The Vikings SHOULD be favored to win. After all they have Bret Farve and Adrian Peterson and they're playing at home.

But being underdogs can sometimes be a good thing in that it becomes a motivating factor. If Manny Lawson and Justin Smith can put pressure on Bret Farve and Patrick Willis can shadow Peterson, they can win this game.

I watched some of the Pats and Jets game the other day and I'll be the first to admit that the Jets defense was pretty impressive in that they kept Brady out of sync all day. Something that Greg Manusky should study a bit of and learn from.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Besides, the lines are made based on who they think will win or by how much, but by what the general consensus is and what odds they need to give people to even out the betting.

"Vegas", may think we will win the game, but the early action has way more money on the Vikes, so they have to make it a more attractive bet.

This is usually overlooked when people get upset about the line that's set. It has nothing to do with who they think is going to win, and everything to do with what they think will get 50% of the money on the Niner's side & 50% on the Vikings. That's how they make money.
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Last time we played the Vikings (two years ago) we played them very tough and won, holding Peterson to just a handful of yards. Willis was amazing.

I expect a pretty similar game this time. Niners will take an early lead, keep it close, and win ugly...it's just going to be that kind of season.

We lost 27-7 against them if I'm not mistaken. (Shaun Hill's first game, but he came in relief)

You are thinking back to 2006, when we beat then 9-6 with Brandon Moore leading the D that week.
Niners wont be able to run the ball(either will the Vikings). It comes down to Favre vs. Hill. Edge has to go to Favre. I still got the niners winning.