LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Do you miss the Martz Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you miss the Martz Offense?

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
All I have to do is think back to that game against the Tards last year where Martz's cost us the game with those two simply awefull play calls at the goal line to remember that he why he gone. Not to mention all the 7 step drops we used . Martz's Offense doesnt fit well with the personnal we have on this team, the Offense we currently run may not be flashy, but with results being wins thats all that matters in my book!!

Martz is an idiot and a paper OC. Next time you are down to your third RT: don't call 7 step drops.

Right on Joe!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
All I have to do is think back to that game against the Tards last year where Martz's cost us the game with those two simply awefull play calls at the goal line to remember that he why he gone. Not to mention all the 7 step drops we used . Martz's Offense doesnt fit well with the personnal we have on this team, the Offense we currently run may not be flashy, but with results being wins thats all that matters in my book!!

Martz is an idiot and a paper OC. Next time you are down to your third RT: don't call 7 step drops.

A 'paper OC', lol i like that

-9fA
I voted yes and then I voted no. Hill is capable of playing in both styles of offense. That said, the IDEAL OFFENSE lies somewhere in between.
I miss the Bill Walsh West Coast Offense
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could you imagine that Offense with this Defense!!!!! All my Martz threads get deleted. Let Raye sleep and bring Martz back!!
The real question should be: Do you miss turnovers?

Anybody with any sane knowledge of the game should vote 'no'.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Well I say do you miss the offense actually winning games?
Originally posted by wolfpack52:

Did you happen to watch the game last week? Gore's 2 long runs didn't help win the game?

We also had scoring drives of 13 and 16 plays and possessed the ball 9 minutes more than the Seahawks did.

Good teams in the NFL have both the offense and defense (and special teams) that help contribute to winning. Teams that are always one dimensional usually don't win.

And do you also realize that we have a better average so far this year than the "super" Martz offense than last year? No, you probably didn't, because you're definitely a style over substance type of guy - wins be damned.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM ]
Raye suits the team better and has shown better balance than Martz did. Martz is/was high risk and we almost always lost when he was dealing. If Raye does show balance and opens up a bit creatively (it won't take much IF our players execute) this offence should be OK. If JR calls a game like the one in AZ (except the last drive), I think that we loose this one. A little more creativity, and I am not talking gadgets here, along with solid execution --- then we have as good a shot as not at a win.
  • marls
  • Veteran
Martz is terrible... I couldn't believe when they brought him in....

Martz had a high risk low reward offense, he didn't utilize Vernon Davis and he chose JT O'sullivan to start on the simple grounds that he knew more plays. Good riddance imo.
Originally posted by B650:
I miss the aggressiveness, but I don't miss the bonehead play calls and totally forgetting about time of possession. How about something in between?

Word
  • Brew
  • Veteran
2-0.

It's like mike nolan is still at the helm but with much more effectiveness.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:

Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by Native49erFan:
I did like how Martz modified his passing attack when Hill started playing last year. Nothing too long, just medium routes. Ideally, I'd love to see the Martz passing attack working to perfection with our 2006 running results. Is there such a coordinator, or was that Norv only?

There was one available in 2008. Cam Cameron, but Nolan hired Martz, and screwed us.

Cam Cameron TURNED US DOWN, Nolan didn't hire Martz because he had set his sights on him. He hired him because he was the best candidate after Cameron said no.

Quit blaming Nolan for something that was completely out of his control.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone