Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by dman:
Why would I miss turnovers which = losing?

Maybe I don't understand the question.

Turnovers are generally a part of an aggressive offense.....

So what i'm trying to say is that would you take an aggressive offense with with a few turnovers here and there to one with no turnovers but less aggressive.

-9fA

This team cannot win when they give away the game.

I know you mean that an aggressive offense generally fills the sky full of footballs, but I seem to think that pounding the ball relentlessly can also be described as being aggressive. What's not aggressive about beating the opponent into submission with the run?

I was at the game yesterday and it was quite satisfying to see the Seahawks defense bent over at the waist all tired in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I did not see the 49ers defense tired at all because why? Because we chewed the clock to hell.

This 49er team is far better suited for a ball control offense rather than.....I guess an "aggressive" offense.

I don't miss a Martz offense and I don't miss his face.

PS we had more than just a few turnovers here and there, we lost games because of turnovers. At least 3 or 4.

Come on, I'm happy we're winning but let's call a spade a spade. Our offense is NOT controlling the clock. The reason we've been winning the T.O.P. is because of our DEFENSE.

Wanna see the proof: 3rd down efficiency against ARI: 28%
3rd down efficiency against SEA: 33%

Stop the presses! We're the first "ball control" offense that can't convert on 3rd downs!

We have a joke of an OC and make no mistake, he is gonna cost us some games. We could have blown ARI and SEA out and instead kept them in the game.

My hope is that Singletary seems aware of this issue (from what I've been able to tell from his press conferences).

Don't agree. While our defense has been good, it's partly because the offense is allowing them to rest. It's common football knowledge that the longer the defense is on the field, eventually they will give up points. Only the offense executing all the way down the field, allows the defense to rest and come in fresh.

Ask our defense if they would prefer a Martz offense. Ask our O-line and qb if they would prefer a Martz offense. Ask Frank Gore if he would prefer Martz offense or the "joke of an OC" offense.

I'm all for what wins, and so far the ball control offense is doing just that.

It isn't about agreeing. It's 28 % 3rd down efficiency!!!! Thas a fact, not an opinion. How is our offense allowing them to rest?? THEY CANT STAY ON THE FIELD!

Yes, our D would be MUCH better with Martz offense. At least our O was able to convert more than 30% of the 3rd downs.

What do you mean the offense can't stay on the field?

49ers TOP=31:37
Ariz. TOP=28:23

49ers TOP=34:31
Seattle TOP=25:29

Those numbers are a little skewed given that Sheattle was not able to get back on the field for most of the 4th quarter.

3rd down percentages kill that though, given that we weren't converting alot of our drives. Only think that kept us in the lead were those two 80 yarders that Frank ripped on them.

Of course it doesn't help to run a WC on 3rd and 28. That is solely on Raye.

~Ceadder

lol.. its like complaining Gore had another bad game if you take away the 2 long runs...

our O is winning the TOP battle. and for 2 weeks has had key drives in the 4th quarter.. what more do you want? its not like we have backups who are pro-bowlers that are not playing...

Raye is still new to the team.. he still doesn't trust Shaun Hill, who is learning a new offense and plays OK when asked to pass the ball.

the offensive team that i see we compare with the most is the Vikings.. they have a superstar RB and a passing game that is asked to not f**k up! is favre putting up big numbers.. no.. hes being asked to be a Dilfer QB(play it safe)

If Hill and Raye get going this year and the passing game becomes something the team can rely on.. which can happen.. this 49er team will be scary good! something we all haven't seen in a long time!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Raye will expand the playbook once Hill gets comfortable with the players around him and the system.

The speed of Brandon Jones will help establish the vertical passing game.
You mean do I miss terrible redzone play calling and 4th Quarter INT's when we have the lead??? no, I do not miss that at all

Why would anyone miss him? We're 2-0 right now and looking pretty damn good if you ask me, we're doing just fine without him thanks
Hopefully Hill will figure out the offense soon so they can run more passing plays.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Hopefully Hill will figure out the offense soon so they can run more passing plays.

What are you talking about? he hasn't thrown a INT yet, and he's came through so far when we've needed him the most, his playing style might be fugly, but he gets the job done and hasn't blown a game for us yet.

Could be worse, we could have that f**king goof O'Sullivan blowing games for us in the 4th....
[ Edited by King49er on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by King49er:
You mean do I miss terrible redzone play calling and 4th Quarter INT's when we have the lead??? no, I do not miss that at all

Why would anyone miss him? We're 2-0 right now and looking pretty damn good if you ask me, we're doing just fine without him thanks

We were 7-9 and there were several games we could have won. I don't miss Just Turn Overs one bit
No

We just don't have the weapons for his type of offense, the Rams were successful with him because they had the weapons and we just don't.

If you try to install that type of an offense like last year then bad things will happen (turnovers, fumbles, less TOP)
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

In both games we've had a very even pass-to-run ratio. I was at the game, and Hill had plenty of opportunities to go deep, especially to Morgan who was single-covered all game and was wide open a couple times. He never did.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by King49er:

We were 7-9 and there were several games we could have won. I don't miss Just Turn Overs one bit

The Eagles game hurt the most
i'm good where we are now, i just want us to open it up a lil bit more its been 75 run to 25 pass instead of 60 to 40

the shaun hill/mike martz offense was good.

not the JTO/Martz offense
martz offense = interceptions

i'll stick to 80 yard runs by gore
  • MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
not at all... his offense did not match our personnel at all... hopefully our passing game can stretch out a little more tho

-easy coast MV
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
So after game 2, we have the 30th ranked passing attack with an offense that doesn't seem to need any WRs.

From Singletary's recent comments, this doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Do you miss the excitement of the big passing plays and aggressive playcalling? Sending the ball through the air and watching the WRs stack up the yardage?

Was the excitement worth the turnovers, sacks and little to no running game?

-9fA

• ndp9
  • Info N/A
I miss a passing offense, period.
Share 49ersWebzone