LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Do you miss the Martz Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

So after game 2, we have the 30th ranked passing attack with an offense that doesn't seem to need any WRs.

From Singletary's recent comments, this doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Do you miss the excitement of the big passing plays and aggressive playcalling? Sending the ball through the air and watching the WRs stack up the yardage?

Was the excitement worth the turnovers, sacks and little to no running game?

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM ]
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Not at all. I'd rather win with a no frills offense than lose with an exciting offense.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I miss the aggressiveness, but I don't miss the bonehead play calls and totally forgetting about time of possession. How about something in between?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
So after game 2, we have the 30th ranked passing attack with a team that doesn't seem to need any WRs.

From Singletary's recent comments, this doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Do you miss the excitement of the big passing plays and aggressive playcalling? Sending the ball through the air and watching the WRs stack up the yardage?

Was the excitement worth the turnovers, sacks and little to no running game?

-9fA

The play calling has been unimaginative and boring. But we are 2-0 and I don't miss the turnovers. We are winning the Time of possesion battles and keeping the defense fresh. So no, I don't miss the Martz offense.
Why would I miss turnovers which = losing?

Maybe I don't understand the question.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Quote:

Didn't like the Martz hire to begin with so no! I do miss having a QB our coaches had confidence in. How much confidence can they have in Hill if A: they had a QB competition all offseason. B: constantly running with 8-9 guys in the box.
  • Mex49
I pulled a lot of hair our last year. The plan is to finish the season with a full head and so far I'm looking real good
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I miss some of the more clever playcalling, but not the seven step drop stuff that this team is not built to be able to do.
High risk high reward offense. No way. We're not built that way. Dominating time of possession means we keep the defense not only fresh but limits the time they have to be on the field equaling less injuries.

No. We dont have a qb to run it and our o line sucks at pass blocking.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Turnovers are generally a part of an aggressive offense.....

So what i'm trying to say is that would you take an aggressive offense with with a few turnovers here and there to one with no turnovers but less aggressive.

-9fA
  • BobS
  • Veteran
This conservative approach will yield the most wins with the players we have. I would rather see 150 yards passing with minimal sacks, no turnovers and a 17-14 victory, than 350 yards passing, 3 int's, 6 sacks, 2 fumbles and a 35-28 loss. There are no ugly wins, or pretty losses.
I don't miss him or his offense.... but it would be great to mix in just a bit more of his aggressive passing in Raye's offense.

Just a bit more in the passing game.
Originally posted by krizay:
Quote:

Didn't like the Martz hire to begin with so no! I do miss having a QB our coaches had confidence in. How much confidence can they have in Hill if A: they had a QB competition all offseason. B: constantly running with 8-9 guys in the box.

That is probably what I personally miss the most.

The identity of the 49ers has always been about the QB but that has now shifted to the RB.

To me this team is being moulded into the Ravens/Bears/Titans type. I could care less as long as we win.

Just food for thought.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone