There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we need Michael Robinson?

Do we need Michael Robinson?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Pardon me while I button up for the impending s**t storm of hate about to come my way....

Cut Mrob and Rossum!

Dead weight on the roster, Mrob is a failed Nolan mad science project, one of way to many attempted player conversions, and Rossum is a luxury item we simple do not need, Battle, Sheets, DWalker, and Spurlock can all return kicks!

Hate me flame me write bad things about me, but mark my words...

"When we start winning, MRob and Rossum will be gone"

Not because they hold us back but because winning teams have to much talent to burn roster spots on mediocre talent and return men!

I agree

I also agree

I'm on this bus too...
I wish we would just cut sheets off the team all together, so we wouldnt have to hear this type of stuff all the time, Kory Sheets = Thomas Clayton, talented runner but thats about it. cant blcok for s**t and needs to work on his receiving, there is a reason he is on the PS. Its because he has a lot of work he needs to do to be a running back in the NFL.

Robinson is valuable because he is can do more than one thing, he can play both RBs positions, can catch the ball can block and is a stud on special teams, why would you cut a player who can help you out in different phases of the game.
We have one of the best special teams units in the league and we have people wanting to cut our best cover man and our best return man.

Sheesh.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
I wish we would just cut sheets off the team all together, so we wouldnt have to hear this type of stuff all the time, Kory Sheets = Thomas Clayton, talented runner but thats about it. cant blcok for s**t and needs to work on his receiving, there is a reason he is on the PS. Its because he has a lot of work he needs to do to be a running back in the NFL.

Robinson is valuable because he is can do more than one thing, he can play both RBs positions, can catch the ball can block and is a stud on special teams, why would you cut a player who can help you out in different phases of the game.

some people think they know more than Tom Rathman lol
Originally posted by Schulzy:
We have one of the best special teams units in the league and we have people wanting to cut our best cover man and our best return man.

Sheesh.

I don't think we saw any drop off from loosing Keasey last year. And, that's how I see M-Rob; as Keasey #2 (minus the dreads). He won't be missed.

As for Rosum, you have to admit, he hasn't looked as good in these two games as he did last year. Plus, we have several folks that contribute to O and D that can also return kicks...
Originally posted by valrod33:

MRob has DAMN good hands coming out of the backfield.
I dont think so. I rather have Sheets. Coffee really looking like a rookie.
norv turner used him well, but jimmy raye has no personality no creativity. he thinks we should run it 60% of the time even if its not working and risk injurying our RBs by using them so much.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130200&highlight=Rob

Please use search function before posting new threads

Edit, you started this same EXACT thread already
Originally posted by Esco:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130200&highlight=Rob

Please use search function before posting new threads

Edit, you started this same EXACT thread already

Almost identical.
Sorry to revisit an old issue, but I fail to see what value M-Rob brings to the team. He's not a very good RB or FB. He's a decent returner, but nothing special at all.

Everyone loves to mention that he's a special team's ace, but when's the last time you heard his name called for making a play on ST?

Having Sheets returning kicks would be an upgrade, IMO. Plus, he was much more potential as a RB. It's not even really about Sheets. We just need more quality depth in the backfield and Robinson is in the way.
No we don't see enough of him to matter.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by Jax49er:
im not wasting my time teaching a 3rd rounder.

M-Rob already knows his role, keep him and dont waste any time on sheets.

M-Rob has been here for a while and what has he done other than a few good blocks?

What has Sheets done? Do you think he would play over Gore or Coffee? He would just sit on the bench... All season long.

i think he could play over Coffee for sure.
we dont even use coffee
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Sorry to revisit an old issue, but I fail to see what value M-Rob brings to the team. He's not a very good RB or FB. He's a decent returner, but nothing special at all.

Everyone loves to mention that he's a special team's ace, but when's the last time you heard his name called for making a play on ST?

Having Sheets returning kicks would be an upgrade, IMO. Plus, he was much more potential as a RB. It's not even really about Sheets. We just need more quality depth in the backfield and Robinson is in the way.

Robinson should stick as a pass catching FB and ST player. That's it!