There are 283 users in the forums

Do we need Michael Robinson?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we need Michael Robinson?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Pardon me while I button up for the impending s**t storm of hate about to come my way....

Cut Mrob and Rossum!

Dead weight on the roster, Mrob is a failed Nolan mad science project, one of way to many attempted player conversions, and Rossum is a luxury item we simple do not need, Battle, Sheets, DWalker, and Spurlock can all return kicks!

Hate me flame me write bad things about me, but mark my words...

"When we start winning, MRob and Rossum will be gone"

Rossum is actually a good return man. MRob is the waste of space IMO...
Not because they hold us back but because winning teams have to much talent to burn roster spots on mediocre talent and return men!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Pardon me while I button up for the impending s**t storm of hate about to come my way....

Cut Mrob and Rossum!

Dead weight on the roster, Mrob is a failed Nolan mad science project, one of way to many attempted player conversions, and Rossum is a luxury item we simple do not need, Battle, Sheets, DWalker, and Spurlock can all return kicks!

Not because they hold us back but because winning teams have to much talent to burn roster spots on mediocre talent and return men!

Don't tell us tell him

you wear a 44 jersey next time you see me boy
we need....the best

jahvid best bandwagon coming through

chooo choooo
Originally posted by teeohh:
we need....the best

chooo choooo

Were not gonna draft another RB, wont happen for awhile. Not to mention Best will be gone too quickly....I'm predicting the Browns take him at 5th. Plus we have much bigger needs on offense then RB...like RT and QB.
my ass we're drafting a qb in the first round!!!

i've been scarred
Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by Jax49er:
im not wasting my time teaching a 3rd rounder.

M-Rob already knows his role, keep him and dont waste any time on sheets.

M-Rob has been here for a while and what has he done other than a few good blocks?

What has Sheets done? Do you think he would play over Gore or Coffee? He would just sit on the bench... All season long.
I rather have Kory Sheets than Robinson.

Sheets would not play if he was on the roster. Maybe on special teams, and in that case you'd automatically take Robinson who is a great special teams player.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I rather have Kory Sheets than Robinson.

Sheets would not play if he was on the roster. Maybe on special teams, and in that case you'd automatically take Robinson who is a great special teams player.

As much as I hate wasting a spot on MRob. I actually have to agree with you. After seeing Coffee only get 10 carries through 2 games after the preseason he had. Sheets would likely not even sniff the field.

So if we aren't going to run Coffee or Sheets. Most importantly as long as we don't run MRob. Then whatever!
We need him more than Sheets becuase of S/T. But overall we don't need him very much.
Michael Robinson can be a FB if needed, plays special teams and is a solid short yardage RB ....anyone remember when he knocked Matt McCoy and Brian Dawkins out of the same game ??? ....Nuff Said

Originally posted by D_Niner:
Need him... No. But we don't need Sheets either...

Well I saw Gore and Coffee limping yesterday I just dont want to see Robinson running the ball...he's horrible...Norris looks better than him with the ball

Watch how teams stack the box against us, not only are there 8-9 men in the box, they are mostly between the tackles, not out in space on the edges, Sheets with his speed could threaten the edge more than Gore or Coffee. With Gore and Sheets in backfield on third and short a defense would be screwed! Stack the box and Sheets takes it wide, spread the box and Gore will romp and stomp!

I would eventually like to see Sheets active so he can give us a change of pace out there.
my ass we're drafting a qb in the first round!!!

i've been scarred

Its gonna happen sooner or later, at worst we take one in the 2nd round.

Cut Mrob and Rossum!

Agree. I've always thought MRob to be a curious 49er. Either he just is not that special or SF does not even begin to utilize his skillz. He's a Nolan pick so there you go-crapshoot. It has been frustrating to know that the guy can throw the ball and we've yet to see him used in a gadget option play. (The Tazer btw, needs to be put out to pasture-it flat out sucks regardless of who's running it.) He's probably a good locker room presence yada yada yada but I think the roster space can be put to better use down the road. Maybe next year's draft spells out his demise.
we need....the best

chooo choooo

I love Best. Go Bears.
I just know that he just may stay in school next year. His mama really wants him to finnish college. It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do.

Cut Mrob and Rossum!

even after Rossum ran a punt back?? wow

Coffee's block in the block wasn't the difference
Share 49ersWebzone