LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

So... is it Hill or is it our W.R.'s?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
imagine we had our franchise QB... ahhhh....

We do, but he's holding the clip board on the sidelines learning the speed of the NFL.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
hill. He can make the short throws. Hitting a receiver in stride, 30 yards down the field is another story.

It's Hill for sure. Sure, I am also lovin that we are 2-0. I am also loving the Panthers being 0-2 and us having their first rounder next year. But all that aside a pro-bowl caliber QB would make the entire team better including the defense.

Hill does the best he can with said abilities. Hill is getting wins and completely respect him for that, but he is also holding the offense back in a strange way. Winning and holding us back, amazing...but true if it makes any sense. We'll get some wins but but this is not going to be a Dilfer team going to the supert bowl, EOS.

If we had a pro bowl caliber QB we wouldn't be hoping we would be in the playoffs with the talent we have and the defense we have it would be a given to win the west. That's all I am saying. That doesn't mean I am not appreciative of Hill.

Nicely put, props to Hill for not losing the games for us, but we do have a less than mediocre QB.

I can buy mediocre, but not less than mediocre if he is making good decisions and they are still winning. The quick good decision making aspects of his game is something less than mediocre NFL QBs don't have. That is huge for a team that in the last several years kept finding ways to lose games, even when they had the lead.
I wonder if Hill continues to be a terrible practice player?

If so, maybe Hill and the Wr's simply can't get in a grove because Hill can't provide that grove in practive which then spells over in games.

Just a thought.
if u have a defense playing as well as our...and if u have frank running for 17 yds per carry...why even think about opening up the passig game????
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
if u have a defense playing as well as our...and if u have frank running for 17 yds per carry...why even think about opening up the passig game????

cuz we'll eventually play some real teams.
Originally posted by BigMar:
I wonder if Hill continues to be a terrible practice player?

If so, maybe Hill and the Wr's simply can't get in a grove because Hill can't provide that grove in practive which then spells over in games.

Just a thought.

This is not really suggested anywhere anymore. I think the bad practice player moniker is a carry over from when he was a backup player, and newer to the team a few years ago.
The WR, Hill, and O-Cord, they all need to get in sync-its a team game, there is I or me in team and that is why craps is sitting at home playing his madden footall 09, cause that is as close to the field he is going to get!

dude i think we ARE a real team. when we take a W from the Vikes u will realize that too. maybe.
[ Edited by GORE-ILLA on Sep 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM ]
I guess the defending NFC champs are not a real team......somebody just make it stop
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
didn't Bruce drop like three balls?

*Ahem* one of which was overthrown and necessitated him to become a DB going over the top and knocking it away. Which is what good Receivers SHOULD do.

Another one was a fluttering duck of a pass that had it been thown with some touch on it Bruce more than likely would have caught as he had his hands on it. Instead the way the ball hit him in the hands it went to the ground. I will say that Bruce having had it hit him in the hands should have caught it but we're basically talking about TWO passes here not 3. Most of the drops that Hill threw weren't even on target.

But YUP, it the Receivers' fault.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by Ceadderman:

*Ahem* one of which was overthrown and necessitated him to become a DB going over the top and knocking it away. Which is what good Receivers SHOULD do.

Another one was a fluttering duck of a pass that had it been thown with some touch on it Bruce more than likely would have caught as he had his hands on it. Instead the way the ball hit him in the hands it went to the ground. I will say that Bruce having had it hit him in the hands should have caught it but we're basically talking about TWO passes here not 3. Most of the drops that Hill threw weren't even on target.

~Ceadder

oh Ceadder....there were 2 drops and both were soft catch able passes...not High Bullet passes *cough*

first one would have been that first down you were talkiing about easy catch for almost any receiver...but Bruce just had a rare rare drop...

the other was one that was a 5-7 yard pass that Bruce just dropped over the middle.

the other one you are talking about is not a drop.... He made a GREAT play in knocking it down.... Hill should not have thrown that pass.....or maybe Raye should not have called a deep pass to Bruce....or maybe Bruce should have did a better job getting behind the CB......or back to Hill again....should have not thrown that pass.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

oh Ceadder....there were 2 drops and both were soft catch able passes...not High Bullet passes *cough*

first one would have been that first down you were talkiing about easy catch for almost any receiver...but Bruce just had a rare rare drop...

the other was one that was a 5-7 yard pass that Bruce just dropped over the middle.

the other one you are talking about is not a drop.... He made a GREAT play in knocking it down.... Hill should not have thrown that pass.....or maybe Raye should not have called a deep pass to Bruce....or maybe Bruce should have did a better job getting behind the CB......or back to Hill again....should have not thrown that pass.

lol, I did state that Bruce SHOULD have caught that. I didn't talk about the other one that he should have caught too, primarily cause I was in the Head at the time. Some things you just gotta do when the need arises. If I was outside watchin the game I woulda just dropped Trou on the spot.

But again if Hill could work on his Touch a bit I see those kind of drops as being EXTREMELY rare.

I'm just being a bit of a smartalec since I know there are those who think that our 9-3 backup can do no wrong.It's called sarcasm.

~Ceadder
I guess the defending NFC champs are not a real team......somebody just make it stop

Could it be, possibly, that we got away with one in Az?

It's not that they are not a real team. But more like our Run game was less than stellar, no real passing game either and our Defense put us in good position to do something.

Now couple that with this latest win and how the passing game is just atrocious.

I am a huge fan of Steve, but I disagree with his statement(KNBR Murph and Mac interview) that it's great Quarterbacking. It's good. Not great. I'm glad that Shaun is protecting the ball. But He got his fat yanked off the bonfire twice. Once by Staley and once by Bruce. That's NOT great. That's LUUUUUUUUUUUCKY as hell.

I apologize if what I'm sayin doesn't sit well with the masses but when you've seen great you do not want LUCKY to be equated with it. Even if lucky, is the best thing that you've seen in awhile.

~Ceadder

dude i think we ARE a real team. when we take a W from the Vikes u will realize that too. maybe.

It is a new concept, because of the Donahue & Nolan years. But yes, I agree. The 49ers are playing as a TEAM, and thus are a real team this year. There is something going on here different from the past several crappy seasons. Other teams that underestimate them are going to get burned.
The issue isn't Hill or the WRs. We know what those guys are capable of doing, just look at last season's offense. If I remember right, we were right near the top of the league with passes of 20+ yards.
The issue is Raye's playcalling and Sings desire to be a running team.
Share 49ersWebzone