LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

So... is it Hill or is it our W.R.'s?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lets not expect too much of our conservative offense when the team lead most of the 2 games. And don't expect much from Hill either. Remember we are still looking for a starting QB.
Hill isn't being asked to win the games, that is why he looks so mediocre. When Raye has asked him to step up, he has (the drive in AZ, and the drive that made it a 2 touchdown game yesterday).

But let's not fool ourselves, this is a ball control offense and he is doing just that. Sooner or later this conservative philosophy will get us into trouble, and Hill will be asked to put the offense on his shoulders. Then and only then can we really be able to critique Hill, because he will finally be asked to win the game rather than not to lose the game. Until then lets just appreciate Hill for not trying to do too much (and turning the ball over) when we have the lead and a solid defense.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its Hill and the play calling. But its all about the Ws not the stats.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
hill. He can make the short throws. Hitting a receiver in stride, 30 yards down the field is another story.

It's Hill for sure. Sure, I am also lovin that we are 2-0. I am also loving the Panthers being 0-2 and us having their first rounder next year. But all that aside a pro-bowl caliber QB would make the entire team better including the defense.

Hill does the best he can with said abilities. Hill is getting wins and completely respect him for that, but he is also holding the offense back in a strange way. Winning and holding us back, amazing...but true if it makes any sense. We'll get some wins but but this is not going to be a Dilfer team going to the supert bowl, EOS.

If we had a pro bowl caliber QB we wouldn't be hoping we would be in the playoffs with the talent we have and the defense we have it would be a given to win the west. That's all I am saying. That doesn't mean I am not appreciative of Hill.
It's Oline, Wr, QB. vd and his false start. Rt his sack and holding calls.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
hill. He can make the short throws. Hitting a receiver in stride, 30 yards down the field is another story.

It's Hill for sure. Sure, I am also lovin that we are 2-0. I am also loving the Panthers being 0-2 and us having their first rounder next year. But all that aside a pro-bowl caliber QB would make the entire team better including the defense.

Hill does the best he can with said abilities. Hill is getting wins and completely respect him for that, but he is also holding the offense back in a strange way. Winning and holding us back, amazing...but true if it makes any sense. We'll get some wins but but this is not going to be a Dilfer team going to the supert bowl, EOS.

If we had a pro bowl caliber QB we wouldn't be hoping we would be in the playoffs with the talent we have and the defense we have it would be a given to win the west. That's all I am saying. That doesn't mean I am not appreciative of Hill.

mostly WRs. i didnt see them really getting open. although, i DID see hill miss a couple wide open WRs.
It's Sully's fault.
imagine we had our franchise QB... ahhhh....
Originally posted by Joecool:
It's Sully's fault.

LOL... sad thing is I actually know a couple of people who still think O'Sullivan is our starting QB, and that DeShaun Foster is our backup RB...

it is the play calling. Raye never allows Hill to get into any type or rythm during the game until the last quarter. Look at the last 2 games and the last few drives where they had a good balanced run vs pass. If we can do that during the entire game and let Hill get into a rythm then it will work out. But until then look for the dinks and dunks.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's Sully's fault.

LOL... sad thing is I actually know a couple of people who still think O'Sullivan is our starting QB, and that DeShaun Foster is our backup RB...

I think he was talking about the wr coach Sullivan.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's Sully's fault.

I think he was talking about the wr coach Sullivan.

This.

Nicely put, props to Hill for not losing the games for us, but we do have a less than mediocre QB.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Nicely put, props to Hill for not losing the games for us, but we do have a less than mediocre QB.

Could Alex do what Hill is doing in this offense?
Share 49ersWebzone