LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Have you noticed this about Vernon....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Vernon always seems to have a couple catches in the first drive or two, then he always becomes non-existant! It seems like I find myself always saying on the first drive, "Vernon is going to have a big game! I feel it". Then nothing ever happens!

P.S. Did he drop that pass, or was it tipped?
I think they design a few plays to get him the ball, which they use early, and after that they just can't get him the ball.
One thing I have noticed about Vernon is that he seems more composed. Like a grown man now. No celebration for a random catch etc.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
I think they design a few plays to get him the ball, which they use early, and after that they just can't get him the ball.

Yeah i think it's like that as well.

It seems that the plays are specifically designed for him. Raye will use him on a drive or two and then forget about him.

He did a job with what he was given but i wish he was involved more..

-9fA
I think they give the ball to Vernon early to satisfied his temperament, so he won't do stupid s**t the rest of the game
  • nyninerfan
  • Info N/A
Ya. What's up with that.
I thought you were going to say he never gives up on blocks.......
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Simple strategy run then when the D stacks the box hit a wide open Davis to stretch the D then runs some more after the D is looking out for Davis. No need to look at him all game when the ground attack is in full affect and they can't stop it.
  • nyninerfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

From the sound of your name it looks like you never give up on cocks

VD did drop a pass but it was tipped by one of the Seacock's linemen. However i do agree with you, i say the same thing and got disappoint at the end of the game. Oh well as long as we win thats all it matters.

Originally posted by nyninerfan:

well that was uncalled for.
I hope we continue to use Davis more as the season wears on.
It's the easiest match up to exploit on the field TE vs a LB'er. they need to exploit it a lot more
Originally posted by nyninerfan:

Share 49ersWebzone