There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is this year's 2-0 start different than '07's

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
This team has gelled a lot more than 2007.

This team has a lot more experience, better offensive coordinator, better head coach, better D-line, defensive backfield etc. etc.

I could go on.

-9fA

better uniforms.
We are also seeing some young players start to come into their own.

McDonald, Goldson, Harralson, Staley, etc.
[ Edited by Xestenz on Sep 20, 2009 at 10:54 PM ]
Yeah, I mean I knew the answer was going to be a resounding yes (which is great)... just wanted to get and idea of where people think we're at this year.

This team just has a different feel to it.

They give it their all on every play.
That's the biggest thing to me.

They definitely have their limitations and they're gonna need to take what the D gives them and put up more points.

But I like the start.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
2007 - Alex Smith

2009 - Shaun Hill

The 09 team looks legit; 07 was a fluke and the majority of the Zone knew it.

lol

we are like the exact same f**king team, winning the same f**king way, except our defense is 10 times better. seriously?

That makes no sense whatsoever.
i'll let you know at the end of the season.

these wins do feel good but the offense still has its concerns.
i get nervous every time shaun hill drops back to pass, even though he doesn't turn the ball over alot.

i think teams that have great or good defenses are going to beat us. i think our defense can hang in there with the good offenses.
hells yea, the biggest difference is that the niner players actually beleive this year

This team has a lot more experience, better offensive coordinator, better head coach, better D-line, defensive backfield etc. etc.

I could go on.

-9fA

The 49ers offense stinks for the most part. They are ranked 25th in the NFL.
Originally posted by nflguy49:

I could go on.

-9fA

It doesn't stink. We are a run first team. We control the TOP. The goal isn't to try to blow the other team out because we are not always capable of that.

You play to your strengths. Ball control. TOP dominance... worked so far in spades.
  • eddie23
  • Info N/A
It definitely feels different. In '07 we squeeked out two wins against two teams that we knew were subpar (Rams and Cards).

This year we played the defending NFC Champs and a team that was VERY injury riddled in '08 and but was very good in '07 and made some good acquisitions in FA. Sure, with Hasselbeck out who knows, where they'll end up, but when healthy the Seahawks are a tough team, which they began the game healthy lol.

Anyway, we pretty much dominated these two teams defensively, they never seemed like a real threat. Although Arizona did give us a good game, but from the start it felt like a Niner victory, up until AZ caught up and went ahead three points, but once the Niners snapped out of it, they regained control and looked like the dominant team once again.

Also, the same two teams we beat so far this season have looked pretty well in their other game (SEA 28 - STL 0, AZ 31 - JAX 17).
Originally posted by nflguy49:

I could go on.

-9fA

Ranking is based on yardage and it's not really a surprise to me that we're near the bottom along with the Vikings.

Ideally, i'd think we'd like to mould our offense to that of the Giants but i don't think we have the line to be there yet.

-9fA
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Very similar in my eyes. With the exception of the defense being better. In both games we only managed 2 real drives. Resulted in 14 points versus Cards and 6 points versus Seahawks.

If we can't get anything out of the passing on a consistant basis. We aren't going anywhere. I think we are a Crabtree signing and a good QB and RT away from being a playoff team.

This team just isn't good enough offensively in my mind. We can't expect Gore to rush for 200 yards every game or have the opposing team commit 12 penalties.

2-0 is great but we have alot of work left to do. We have a few pieces that needs to be put in place.
2-0 = 2-0
Yes, its different. The Coaching & Defense are much better and the offense is more focused.

That doesn't mean I have any more confidence in our offense this year than I did in 2007 - in fact, in some ways (OL) I think we're possibly worse. But, unlike 2007, I've seen Raye make adjustments & exploit weaknesses this year. That gives me hope we can find a way to win even if MN stuffs Gore all day long. Hostler had no answer if his gameplan wasn't panning out - once the league had us figured out, it was over.
Originally posted by krizay:
Very similar in my eyes. With the exception of the defense being better. In both games we only managed 2 real drives. Resulted in 14 points versus Cards and 6 points versus Seahawks.

If we can't get anything out of the passing on a consistant basis. We aren't going anywhere. I think we are a Crabtree signing and a good QB and RT away from being a playoff team.

This team just isn't good enough offensively in my mind. We can't expect Gore to rush for 200 yards every game or have the opposing team commit 12 penalties.

2-0 is great but we have alot of work left to do. We have a few pieces that needs to be put in place.

Good post.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by krizay:

Pretty sure we didn't expect Gore to do that...if he didn't then its a different game

Good post.