There are 204 users in the forums

Frank Gore and Barry Sanders: only two RB's to have 79+ TD in same game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Quote:
He became only the second player in NFL history to have two TD runs of 79 or more yards in the same game, joining Barry Sanders. Sanders had runs of 80 and 82 yards at Tampa Bay on Oct. 12, 1997.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM ]
I saw that stat... Pretty good company for Gore!
in barry sanders' words "Welcome to the club"
He just said on 49ers Post Game Live that he wanted to be like Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith growing up.
I thought it was two 75+ yard TD runs in a game? Either way, Gore is a beast! And the OL finally opened up some lanes for him to run through.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 20, 2009 at 5:07 PM ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I thought it was two 75+ yard TD runs in a game? Either way, Gore is a beast! And the OL finally opened up some lanes for him to run through.

Frank Gore,
You are a humble. soft-spoken simple man, and I am proud to have you on my beloved 49ers. You may also be among the best to ever wear the Cardinal and Gold. You have now made it to 'elite' status and all other RBs and coaches will acknowledge that fact. Please stay the way you are and have a great season!
Originally posted by crzy:

I love how everyone thinks the play is over and then start running again once Barry zooms past em, especially #75 on the Cowboys.
I don't see Gore gettin caught from behind like people were complaining from previous years.

-fumble problems(fixed)
-caught from behind(fixed)

Gore looked so much faster than he has the last few years, really good to see.

Share 49ersWebzone