LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

How many bums are left on the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kujon11:
ever since roman got moved to backing up the ss spot, he's actually been doing decent.

Could be for two reasons.

1)He's not playing for his spot anymore. So he's not forcing things.

2)The surrounding personnel is better albeit essentially the same. So it allows him to concentrate on his job and not worry about what everyone else is or is not doing on the field.

I'm thinking this was his problem last season. When the Defense was using that hybrid 3-4 scheme alot of guys were out of position alot. So of course that kind of undisciplined play will trickle down to other players right to the Safety positions.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad that Goldson is Starting but I can see how the above issues could affect a player negatively.

~Ceadder
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Alex Leaf, Sims, Roman

whens the last time alex smith played poorly when he was healthy?

the answer is the rookie season he should never have played in.

solid 2006. solid 2-1 start to the 07 season, been injured ever since. if you want to call him injury ridden, fine, but dont call him "Alex Leaf" because he isnt Tom Brady. he never got a fair shake and you know it.

In 07 his 1st 3 games

43 for 83 (52%) 461 yards (154 ypg) 1 TD, 1 INT with 2 fumbles lost.

the 3 games he played hurt

51 for 109 (47%) 453 yards (151 ypg) 1 TD, 3 INT's with 3 fumbles lost.

He was just as bad when healthy as he was when hurt. The 2-1 record just sugar coated it.
Barry Simms, Mark Roman (although playing better this season so far), Adam Synder, David Baas (dont thing he's our future guard, bust), Moran Norris (I just dont think he's the hammer made out to be)...Allen Rossum needs to turn up the volume and also include Kentwan Balmer
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Patrick Willis and Frank Gore are the only two bums still left on this team

No, I think just Willis

yep he f**king sucks
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex Smith, Lawson, Balmer, Rossum, Roman, Battle
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Also Snyder and Baas
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
David W. Gibson

I also think Nate Davis looks like a homeless person bundled into one of our uniforms.
Alex Smith will rank up there with Gabe Wilkins, Larrence Phillips, Antonio Langham
Originally posted by susweel:

I think it would have been a shorter list if you just listed the players that you actually like.

No players really... just our lame ass WR coach Jerry Sullivan. Seriously, how does this clown have a job in the NFL?

Edit: Oops mis-typed
[ Edited by TDilvr on Sep 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDilvr:
No players really... just our lame ass QB coach Jerry Sullivan. Seriously, how does this clown have a job in the NFL?

Originally posted by krizay:
No players really... just our lame ass QB coach Jerry Sullivan. Seriously, how does this clown have a job in the NFL?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:

I think it would have been a shorter list if you just listed the players that you actually like.

I WANT WINNERS !!!
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by krizay:

Share 49ersWebzone