There are 227 users in the forums

Josh Morgan Vs Michael Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
The fact that he is holding out shows he has no heart for the game only dollar signs. Morgan is starting at a much lower wage and is out there producing with no complaints. That is heart, not belly acheing that the kings ransom offered to you is not enough. Lets be serious if this guy loved the game of football he would have taken the fourtune offered and laughed his way to the bank, saying the guys actually paid me this much to play wow.

Morgan was a 6th round pick....he is not comparable.

Refusing an offer and holding out is not a measure of a players heart. Sorry but that is fact. You guys keep forgetting football is no longer just a sport it has become a business.

I forget, what round was Tom Brady drafted in? I guess your right, you can't compare him to Kelly Stouffer.

Josh Morgan knows he was not going to be drafted as high as what Crabtree believed he was going to be.

Completely different situations in that regard. Josh Morgan also had tired legs during TC from the rigors of training camp....2nd year players that are healthy should not be complaining about that or using it as an excuse.
The main difference is Crabtree is more of a better bet on the "potential" aspects. No slam on Morgan, but he is more of a darkhorse on being a star WR in NFL.
So youre telling me that they should pay more money to crabtree because he has more heart thats why he is holding out? You have a man that is earning way less money but is there everyday producing and he has less heart. I would bet you never played the ultimate game if you had you would understand about heart. P.S. when crabtree doesnt sign with the 9ers guess who is getting a big fat raise next year our boy Morgan and his big ass heart.
So youre telling me that they should pay more money to crabtree because he has more heart thats why he is holding out? You have a man that is earning way less money but is there everyday producing and he has less heart. I would bet you never played the ultimate game if you had you would understand about heart. P.S. when crabtree doesnt sign with the 9ers guess who is getting a big fat raise next year our boy Morgan and his big ass heart.

WHO KNOWS we havent see crab in the nfl...crab was better than morgan in college but thats not the nfl
6'1" 214lbs that sure is a big pile of CRAP
[ Edited by papa9er on Sep 20, 2009 at 7:00 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

Morgan won't get a deal until after his 3rd year in all likelihood.

Secondly no one said what your saying at all or even close. Crabtree deserves more money than Morgan right now because he was drafted 164 spots later.

Never said he has less heart, never said he has more heart. Simply pointing out that holding out does not measure a players heart for the game. That is simply ridiculous when you are fully aware this is not just a sport anymore but a business.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by papa9er:
6'3" 214lbs that sure is a big pile of CRAP

And if you read through this thread you would know that was addressed. He is a little over 6"1. And FWIW college players are often listed as taller than they actually are.
I still believe Morgan & Crabtree can become a very good combo for the 49ers!
At this point only one of them has caught passes in the NFL.

Originally posted by tohara3:

"very good" or "just good".... depending also on the Q.B skill.

Hill better show MORE today against the Hawks then he showed against the Cards.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by tohara3:

"very good" or "just good".... depending also on the Q.B skill.

Hill better show MORE today against the Hawks then he showed against the Cards.

If he's given the chance.

60/40.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
At this point only one of them has caught passes in the NFL.

Yeah, but at this point only 3 more for 2009.

Here's hoping more for Morgan as the year goes on.
We are talking about morgan v crabs in terms of whos worth their money, and obviously morgan has shown more willingness at the moment. In watching the saints eagles game, look at Colston too. He didn't complain about being picked near the end of the draft, went into the NFL and put up huge numbers. Now he's set to get his new contract if he hasn't already.

either temper you're ego, crabs or decide what you want out of your career, not what others are telling you.
Well we haven't seen Crab play so I don't really think you can compare them yet. As of now Morgan is a million times better than Crab and thats how it will be until he shows up.
Share 49ersWebzone