There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed York KNBR interview today.

Jed York Interview

Interesting stuff about Michael Crabtree. Also talks about his uncle and the hall of fame stuff going to tomorrow.
What I thought was interesting is he said the Eugene Parker and Paraag talk almost on a daily basis. Yet Jed can't get an answer to his request to sit down and talk with Parker and Crabtree. Does that make sense?
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
What I thought was interesting is he said the Eugene Parker and Paraag talk almost on a daily basis. Yet Jed can't get an answer to his request to sit down and talk with Parker and Crabtree. Does that make sense?

Because I don't think Crabtree is communicating very well with his agent.
Originally posted by Joecool:

So what do Paraag and Parker talk about?
Originally posted by Joecool:

that would make sense
So it's Crabtree that has not given Parker an answer?
Some other interesting notes:

In regards to having to trade Crabtree's rights in next years draft if he never signs Jed feels okay because we have 2 first round picks. We can trade one for a veteran or use the money saved on Crabtree to extend some of our young player's contracts.

He asked Eddie D. what he would do with Crabtree but he can't repeat Eddie's comments on the air.
Craps**t can go to hell..

In regards to having to trade Crabtree's rights in next years draft if he never signs Jed feels okay because we have 2 first round picks. We can trade one for a veteran or use the money saved on Crabtree to extend some of our young player's contracts.

He asked Eddie D. what he would do with Crabtree but he can't repeat Eddie's comments on the air.

I was thinking about this the other day. I know Singletary is busy with the 53 guys that are on the roster but why doesnt jed just show up at his place and say hey lets go out to eat. And then paraag can ask his agernt to get together at the same place and what do you know every one is there together..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I'm confused, BETTER. What exactly did he mean to say about a trade for Crabtree? That they would make a trade?
Originally posted by mayo63:

I'm confused, BETTER. What exactly did he mean to say about a trade for Crabtree? That they would make a trade?

He said he doesn't believe it would come to that

He said if they had to trade his rights during next year's draft. If he held out all season. He feels good about all the firepower we have , 2 1st rd picks. He was talking about extending contracts. I'm thinking Willis' contract without a doubt.

He said if they had to trade his rights during next year's draft. If he held out all season. He feels good about all the firepower we have , 2 1st rd picks. He was talking about extending contracts. I'm thinking Willis' contract without a doubt.

I dont think he meant that we will trade Tree's rights, heas said that he will use the money saved from Tree and use it towards the young prospects with the team already because we already have 2 first rounders next year.
I liked the part where the host asked Jed about the yahoo article where the unknown GM criticized the niners for making the selection. Jed's reponse was something along the lines of "It's funny how that GM doesn't put his name on that statement".

It reminded me of another smart man with the same response.

Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by Rojo49:
“Part of the art of the draft is making sure you pick the right guy,” the aforementioned NFC general manager said. “You owe it to the owner and the organization to pick the right guy in the right situation. Traditionalists are going to look at [Crabtree and his agent] and say ‘You should have known with this guy.’ … Just because he’s the best player on the board at the time you pick, you can’t just throw caution to the wind and say ‘well, we’ll be the one to change him.’ ”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-draftpickprotection091709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ouch.

It takes a real brave GM to make these statements as anonymous Source.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I dont think he meant that we will trade Tree's rights, heas said that he will use the money saved from Tree and use it towards the young prospects with the team already because we already have 2 first rounders next year.

No he didn't mean he wants to trade his rights. He was just saying worst case scenario.