There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL scout weighs in on 49ers 2009 draft picks - per Kevin Lynch

I talked to an NFL scout recently who provided a rundown on the 49ers draft picks:

1. Michael Crabtree: "We had him at the end of the first round, even the second round. He doesn't run all that well, and we heard some things about his attitude. He might be just a system guy." Meaning playing in the spread offense could have inflated his numbers.

2. Glen Coffee: "Tough guy from the SEC. But I don't know if he'll be anything more than a backup."

3. Scott McKillop: "Another guy who's just kind of a backup player."

4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."

5. Curtis Taylor: "Big, strong kid, but I don't know if he's smart enough."

6. Ricky Jean-Francois: "He's got third- or fourth-round talent, but we would not have touched him with a 10-foot pole. Worst character guy in the draft. LSU couldn't wait to get rid of him."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=47765#ixzz0RJpKCeH3

Note: It would be nice if people acted like grown-ups and discussed what was said about the picks rather than calling Lynch an "idiot".
Lynch is an idiot!!! wait.....

Originally posted by kidash98:

I was expecting Pants to do that...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash98:

KIDs will be KIDs!!!!!!!! wait.....

Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
[b]

4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."

]

Jason Whitlock also said the same thing about Davis. That he's arguably better than Sanchez.

Hopefully Shaun Hill keeps on winning so we can ease Davis into the starting role sometime in the near future.
So in summary they think everyone will suck except Nate Davis.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

What else do you expect from Lynch.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
[b] 4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez." ]
Jason Whitlock also said the same thing about Davis. That he's arguably better than Sanchez. Hopefully Shaun Hill keeps on winning so we can ease Davis into the starting role sometime in the near future.

yea i have high hopes for him. i really like his potential, i thought he would go in the 2nd or 3rd round. as long as we take it easy with him and give him time to learn he should be gone.
Sounds like he gives us a D- at best. Crabtree a late 1st/2nd rounder!?? What a douche.

-9fA

I would take that. A franchise QB is more valuable then all those players.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

-9fA

What else do you expect from Lynch.

Dude, please. It isn't Lynch's opinion. He interviewd a NFL scout.
Probably was a raiders scout he interviewd
[ Edited by 49erfoeva on Sep 16, 2009 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:

Quite possible. Living in the Bay Area, it would be easy to get their opinion.
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:

Probably. They took him off their draft board completely. Sounds about right.
Originally posted by jones49:
Sounds like he gives us a D- at best. Crabtree a late 1st/2nd rounder!?? What a douche.

He really was the most overrated guy. A system guy who is a slow runner. IMO he won't even do that well in the NFL. I didn't like the pick in some ways but now it looks even worse.