I talked to an NFL scout recently who provided a rundown on the 49ers draft picks:
1. Michael Crabtree: "We had him at the end of the first round, even the second round. He doesn't run all that well, and we heard some things about his attitude. He might be just a system guy." Meaning playing in the spread offense could have inflated his numbers.
2. Glen Coffee: "Tough guy from the SEC. But I don't know if he'll be anything more than a backup."
3. Scott McKillop: "Another guy who's just kind of a backup player."
4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."
5. Curtis Taylor: "Big, strong kid, but I don't know if he's smart enough."
6. Ricky Jean-Francois: "He's got third- or fourth-round talent, but we would not have touched him with a 10-foot pole. Worst character guy in the draft. LSU couldn't wait to get rid of him."
Originally posted by Brazilian49er: [b] 4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez." ]
Jason Whitlock also said the same thing about Davis. That he's arguably better than Sanchez. Hopefully Shaun Hill keeps on winning so we can ease Davis into the starting role sometime in the near future.
yea i have high hopes for him. i really like his potential, i thought he would go in the 2nd or 3rd round. as long as we take it easy with him and give him time to learn he should be gone.
This fan site is dedicated to the 49ers and their fans. It is in no way affiliated with the NFL or any of its teams. All teams and players mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of the NFL. The use of any team names, words, trademarks, logos or photos have been used for descriptive purposes only. The content and information from other sites is the property of their respective owners. Player and team photos used with permission from USA TODAY Sports Images.