I talked to an NFL scout recently who provided a rundown on the 49ers draft picks:
1. Michael Crabtree: "We had him at the end of the first round, even the second round. He doesn't run all that well, and we heard some things about his attitude. He might be just a system guy." Meaning playing in the spread offense could have inflated his numbers.
2. Glen Coffee: "Tough guy from the SEC. But I don't know if he'll be anything more than a backup."
3. Scott McKillop: "Another guy who's just kind of a backup player."
4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."
5. Curtis Taylor: "Big, strong kid, but I don't know if he's smart enough."
6. Ricky Jean-Francois: "He's got third- or fourth-round talent, but we would not have touched him with a 10-foot pole. Worst character guy in the draft. LSU couldn't wait to get rid of him."
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=47765#ixzz0RJpKCeH3
Note: It would be nice if people acted like grown-ups and discussed what was said about the picks rather than calling Lynch an "idiot".