There are 358 users in the forums

Why are Parys Haralson and Dashon Goldson playing on special teams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aren't they a little valuable to be playing on ST's?
Who else? You need to field eleven, and most of those guys have to be of medium to small build for quickness and speed down the field.

We would be f&cked if we lost Parys, tho.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Who else? You need to field eleven, and most of those guys have to be of medium to small build for quickness and speed down the field.

I'd rather throw Roman out there instead of Goldson (I know were giving up speed but I'd rather give it up on ST's rather than the secondary) and I think once Ahmad Brooks comes back he will be on ST's but someone else will have to be deactivated. Im pretty sure Marques Harris was playing ST's, I mean he was a good ST's player in SD and I know Ulbrich and McKilliop were on ST's so was Haralson really needed out there?
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I'd rather throw Roman out there instead of Goldson (I know were giving up speed but I'd rather give it up on ST's rather than the secondary) and I think once Ahmad Brooks comes back he will be on ST's but someone else will have to be deactivated. Im pretty sure Marques Harris was playing ST's, I mean he was a good ST's player in SD and I know Ulbrich and McKilliop were on ST's so was Haralson really needed out there?

who do you propose to take their spot? you said roman for goldson, who replaces haralson?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

who do you propose to take their spot? you said roman for goldson, who replaces haralson?

I'd rather have Lawson on ST's than Haralson...
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

I'd rather have Lawson on ST's than Haralson...

and i am willing to wager lawson was on ST's. specifically FGs and punts.
I didn't even notice that.

You are right. Most starters don't play on special teams. Especially ones you consider to be your "play makers." Parys Haralson needs to be resting his legs rather then running up and down the field chasing fools like Devin Hester. If there was a stat for INT caused for pass rushers he would have 2. He was the cause of both ints and had a he also had a sack and caused numerous throw aways. He also caused Warner to avoid him and allowed others to sack him by being in their right place. At this point he is invaluable to our defense.

Even Goldson was out there laying hits and making solid tackles. He got brnt pretty bad by Hightower once for a big gain. He can't allow those.
the NFL should seriously let more players dress on gameday.
that's why they're playing special teams.
It's stupid to risk injuring valuable starter on special teams! Damn it singletary!
Originally posted by swim4speed:
It's stupid to risk injuring valuable starter on special teams! Damn it singletary!

I think a great majority of us would agree with this. I say damn it special teams coach
[ Edited by BigMar on Sep 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM ]

Share 49ersWebzone