LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

The Winds of Change

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know we didn't play perfect or even great BUT people have taken notice. Check out www.nfl.com

Carruci article

I'm rethinking what I said last week about admiring the fact Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt was happy with what he was taking into the season despite going 0-4 and looking sloppy in the preseason. The Cards were very sloppy in their 20-16 loss to San Francisco. They were penalized 12 times, and what is supposed to be one of the most explosive offenses in the league was out of sync and showing a general lack of energy. You have to wonder if the Cardinals are feeling the effects of the loss of offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who went onto become coach and (after the recent firing of Chan Gailey) offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.

» Let's be sure to give plenty of credit to the 49ers. Their defense played well. And as unimpressive as they were on offense, they did accomplish this much: They made a statement that they are going to be a tough, physical team. They kept pounding the ball on the ground, with not a whole lot to show for it, but the persistence gave the Cardinals something to think about during the game and, more importantly, beyond. By constantly running Frank Gore -- even when Arizona packed eight defenders at the line -- and playing sound defense, the Cards and the rest of the teams in the NFC West were put on notice that a game with the 49ers requires you to expend everything you have physically and emotionally. And that's how the Cardinals felt. The 49ers could make an even louder statement when they face the Seattle Seahawks at home in Week 2.

Check out what Lombardi said.
sorry i farted
Penalties. They did it, we didn't. sign of a well coached team
Nobody saw our pass rush coming, lets be honest not even us. However, Seattle knows what we're capable of and will make adjustments. We can't take it for granted that we'll have the same level of success.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Nobody saw our pass rush coming, lets be honest not even us. However, Seattle knows what we're capable of and will make adjustments. We can't take it for granted that we'll have the same level of success.

I love when fans drop the proverbial we as if they're an active employee of team. I mean, if you really did have an ear in an organization, you'd know that coaches create unique game plans for teams each week based on a number of factors.

Leave the worrying to the professionals and show up on Sunday.
Originally posted by redrathman:

I love when fans drop the proverbial we as if they're an active employee of team. I mean, if you really did have an ear in an organization, you'd know that coaches create unique game plans for teams each week based on a number of factors.

Forgive us for talking about our team on a fan forum...
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Xestenz:

Forgive us for talking about our team on a fan forum...
Sometimes I wonder if our fans are rooting for our team to fail.....
...I don't get it....
As to this topic's title, this week we saw:

Pats win w/miracle plays and breaks.
Steelers win.
Chargers win.
Colts win.
Eagles win.
Giants win.

So much for winds of change.

NFL has been getting boring lately it is so predictable.
Originally posted by English:
Penalties. They did it, we didn't. sign of a well coached team

Some penalties are forced by a defense such as holding a guy who's ready to hit your QB. That, in turn, leads to false starts.

Sorry some of are fan enough we are part of the team. 12th man on the field

I completely understand that coaches game plan every week. That's not the point. I'm saying Seattle is better and won't be caught off guard by our rush. And yes I said our along with many other posters, what's wrong with that?

"...expanding everything physically and emotionally..."

Is that what the writer feels or what was said by ARI coaches or players? I'm sure their players didn't feel that way to that extent.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Xestenz:
As to this topic's title, this week we saw:

Pats win w/miracle plays and breaks.
Steelers win.
Chargers win.
Colts win.
Eagles win.
Giants win.

So much for winds of change.

NFL has been getting boring lately it is so predictable.

Yes but the pat & chargers BARELY won or maybe its better to say that they didn't win at all rather they were the beneficiaries of their opponents beating them selves. YEAH so it all boils down to the Bills and Raiders beating themselves..... Yep so much for the winds of change indeed.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I know we didn't play perfect or even great BUT people have taken notice. Check out www.nfl.com

Carruci article

I'm rethinking what I said last week about admiring the fact Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt was happy with what he was taking into the season despite going 0-4 and looking sloppy in the preseason. The Cards were very sloppy in their 20-16 loss to San Francisco. They were penalized 12 times, and what is supposed to be one of the most explosive offenses in the league was out of sync and showing a general lack of energy. You have to wonder if the Cardinals are feeling the effects of the loss of offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who went onto become coach and (after the recent firing of Chan Gailey) offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.

» Let's be sure to give plenty of credit to the 49ers. Their defense played well. And as unimpressive as they were on offense, they did accomplish this much: They made a statement that they are going to be a tough, physical team. They kept pounding the ball on the ground, with not a whole lot to show for it, but the persistence gave the Cardinals something to think about during the game and, more importantly, beyond. By constantly running Frank Gore -- even when Arizona packed eight defenders at the line -- and playing sound defense, the Cards and the rest of the teams in the NFC West were put on notice that a game with the 49ers requires you to expend everything you have physically and emotionally. And that's how the Cardinals felt. The 49ers could make an even louder statement when they face the Seattle Seahawks at home in Week 2.

Check out what Lombardi said.

I thought Lombardi's comment on Sopoaga was interesting. If what he said was true then Sop may be stepping up. Good cudos.
Share 49ersWebzone