There are 156 users in the forums

Erickson, Nolan, and now Singletary have all...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
won thier first game as full time 49ers head coaches.

We know how the other ones faired,
but what do you think about the way Sing has our team responding?

I think the difference is niether of those other two coaches had ever done anything in the NFL. MS has a SB ring as well as a bust in the HOF.

Also Sing doesn't have all of the X's & O's experience so he won't be stepping on his coordinators toes each week.

I trully believe this will be different.

Your Thoughts,

[ Edited by glorydayz on Sep 14, 2009 at 16:00:20 ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I think the difference is niether of those other two coaches had ever done anything in the NFL. MS has a SB ring as well as a bust in the HOF.

Also Sing doesn't have all of the X's & O's experience so he won't be stepping on his coordinators toes each week.

Your Thoughts,

Why do you have bring up those guys again.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Your Thoughts,

Why do you have bring up those guys again.

Read the whole post and then ask me that question...
Yeah but Erickson had a pretty darn good 49ers team that beat a bad Bears team at HOME and Nolan beat a declining Rams team at HOME while Singletary's team beat the defending NFC champions on the ROAD and Sing proved he can win games last year and now hopefully it is just carrying over to this year.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Yeah but Erickson had a pretty darn good 49ers team that beat a bad Bears team at HOME and Nolan beat a declining Rams team at HOME while Singletary's team beat the defending NFC champions on the ROAD and Sing proved he can win games last year and now hopefully it is just carrying over to this year.

yes but according to the media, the tards are suffering the "superbowl hangover". Bunch of dicks! GIVE US OUR PROPS b***hES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well by a technicality I guess that's true. Not relevant and meaningful, but true.

But I'll do you a favor and try to bring in some legitimate analysis in this thread:did either of these coaches gather their whole defense around them and give them a pep talk and have them respond the way they did last game?

No.

Good point, I also think our team is afraid to lose with Singletary at the top.

I thought Erickson's first game was a Niner blowout against Slash and the Steelers. It was like 44-9 or something. Too lazy to look it up. That would have been '03.....I don't know, could be wrong. Maybe it was preseason. I remember being at that game tho.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 14, 2009 at 16:10:29 ]
who cares!
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I thought Erickson's first game was a Niner blowout against Slash and the Steelers. It was like 44-9 or something. Too lazy to look it up. That would have been '03.....I don't know, could be wrong. Maybe it was preseason. I remember being at that game tho.

It was niners over Bears 49 to 7

box score

na it was against the bears
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Fire Nowin!
I think Jimmy Raye better get that offensive line going & figure out a way to live up to all the hype about this being a running team, or this will be another losing season.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Fire Nowin!
Originally posted by DJD:

It was niners over Bears 49 to 7

box score

You are correct...wonder where I got Steelers from. Memory's shot.
Share 49ersWebzone