LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Audible??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just wondering if Shaun Hill has the freedom to change the play at the LOS? And it's not really only Hill, but it seems like our QB's almost never call an audible.

I'm hoping Singletary/Raye can address this ASAP because teams are going to continuously stack the box with 8 and 9 men.

Some quick slants, or passes into the flat would have been lovely yesterday.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Just wondering if Shaun Hill has the freedom to change the play at the LOS? And it's not really only Hill, but it seems like our QB's almost never call an audible.

I'm hoping Singletary/Raye can address this ASAP because teams are going to continuously stack the box with 8 and 9 men.

Yes he does and he audibled into the perfect play in that 4th quarter drive.
What about audible out of run plays?

We were so obvious that we were gonna run that it allowed even the Cards to be obvious that they were gonna run blitz. If that's the case, a audible has to be called and a quick pass needs to be thrown.

If we continue to think that we can just go into a game, tell the other team, we are gonna run behind "X" and go at "O", it's going to be a fail.
Just an observation. It was a ROAD game, with a very loud, hostile crowd. Singletary's 1st commandment is "Total Ball Security". Risking too many audibles in such an environment, when everyone may not hear the play change, would seem not to be prudent.

Look for more audible activity in home games.

Remember that Hill loves audibles and, one of the reasons that he didn't shine in Martz' wide-open offense, was that Martz did not allow audibles. Heck, Hill didn't even have hot reads until Singletary became HC and insisted that Martz give his QB better tools, like hot reads.
Originally posted by BigBug415:

Share 49ersWebzone