There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our O-line the weakest "link"?

Is our O-line the weakest "link"?

Giving how our run game and pass protection worked during the game vs. Cards is our o-line the weakest unit on this team at this time?

If you think so, how can it be fixed?

If you don't think so, what do you think is weaker?
the defense pass rush is getting there, Oline feels similar if not a bit worst than last year, then again its only one game, but to be most of the day in negative rushing is not a good sign for the Oline.
right now, yes. it was the weakest part of the team yesterday. It can be fixed with some scheming, I believe, and investment in a RT of the future in the offseason.
1st game

Originally posted by jreff22:
1st game

you know there are only 16 games right?

it's not like baseball season..

every single game counts..
In this game it was; but, AZ has some good pass rushers and came in with a solid run blitz scheme... I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet (but, I would get the button ready, just in case)
Originally posted by D_Niner:
In this game it was; but, AZ has some good pass rushers and came in with a solid run blitz scheme... I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet (but, I would get the button ready, just in case)

every team we play is going to do the same thing.. why wouldn't they..

Seatlle, for example, always brings the heat

I hope we're ready with some screen passes or something
Originally posted by TrueNiner:

Not all of the teams have the same talent. I agree that we do need to throw a couple more screens and, if we had an edge rusher, put a couple run plays to the outside...
Originally posted by TrueNiner:

I'm just gonna say that the game plan "We line up. We hit people in the mouth" doesn't work very well when every other team has a bunch of big old dudes on defense lined up, ready for it on each play, pretty much knowing where you are going to run. So far in game one, they ran right into all the big dudes on defense, not around them or through them.
Its not how u start, Its how u finish that matters!
While I do feel that the O-line play was off yesterday, I also feel that whae the line gels they will be a force. PEACE FROM THE FAN
They were the weak link in game one but have to wait for more games to say if they are the weak link of the team. Somebody has to teach Baas and Chilo how to protect the A gap and stop giving it up constantly. They need to better communicate with Heitmann or something. No way should one good d lineman Dockett dominate the entire o line. They need to get that nasty we will dominate you type of attitude.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Its not how u start, Its how u finish that matters!

well we started off with a W...

can we continue getting wins with the o-line playing at this level?

I know the o-line needs to gell, but what does that mean? just playing more games together? cause they have been practiciing together for some time now.. and some of the folks are coming back from last season
There only going to get better. Hopefully Snyder steps it up or else Tony Pashos will be starting RT. I hope we can get the running game going next Sunday. 1st and 2nd down passing will help open things up.
For now we only have a one game history to pull from and they seemed ineffective ...... I'll be very curious to see how they play against the Seahawks next.