There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Some Joe Nedney and Andy Lee love!

I know those guys got overlooked with our awesome defensive performance, but I think we should not take them for granted and show both guys some love!

Andy Lee was booming punts like his usual self and bailed our team out of some bad field positions when the offense could not get anything going. He always gave our defense a good field position to defend and he had a 42.3 net average, which is very good, I believe.

And what about Joe Nedney? He converted all of his FGs and XPs, made a few touchback kickoffs and made a 50(!) yard FG look easy (I also read somewhere that he now hold the franchise record for most FGs of 50 yards or longer). It´s so nice having a dependable kicker like that.
I agree, Nedney converted on some crucial FGs. And Lee's best punt was probably when we were at the 1 yard line and Lee had no room to punt from the back of the endzone, yet he backed up Rolle w/ a huge kick!
Rock solid performance by both Lee and Nedney. One reason was so angry about Hill 14 yard sack was we were in Nedney range and would have gotten another field goal
agreed, Nedney and Lee were great, but dont forget the man snapping the ball, Brian Jennings, he is money on snapping.
most people dont reilize joe nedney was our mvp a few years ago and andy lee was one of our only 2 people to go to the probowl 2 years ago
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Lee's punting work is second best in the league this week..
ESPN stats
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I agree, Nedney converted on some crucial FGs. And Lee's best punt was probably when we were at the 1 yard line and Lee had no room to punt from the back of the endzone, yet he backed up Rolle w/ a huge kick!

How ridiculous was the commentators remark about him outkicking his coverage. He kicked it 59 yards from his endzone you jackass.

Also, Nedney was consistently getting kickoffs a few yards deep in the endzone. One of my biggest complaints has been his kickoffs that have ended up between the 5-10 yardlines over the past couple of years.

Great game by these 2 members of the special teams. Rossum? Do we really not have another option that has surfaced over the last 2 years?
I especially appreciate Lee's punt out of the endzone at the end of the game. 50yds + punt out of the endzone that could have gone so wrong in so many ways.
Originally posted by RayWersching:

How ridiculous was the commentators remark about him outkicking his coverage. He kicked it 59 yards from his endzone you jackass.

Also, Nedney was consistently getting kickoffs a few yards deep in the endzone. One of my biggest complaints has been his kickoffs that have ended up between the 5-10 yardlines over the past couple of years.

Great game by these 2 members of the special teams. Rossum? Do we really not have another option that has surfaced over the last 2 years?

Yeah, it was a ridiculous comment. But thanks to Lee for that huge kick, field position would've been a lot worse. Also, would like to see Spurlock take over for Rossum sometime this season. I hate Rolle, but he's not afraid of contact on PR...and that's the closest I'll get to complimenting the ***. But Rossum reminded me of B. Williams and his "fair catch" skills.
I am gonna get their names tattooooooed on my arm.
Originally posted by RayWersching:

Agreed Mr Wershing! It's as if the great Ray has come back! Nedney has never been known for getting them into the endzone, but was incredibly consistent yesterday. And Lee was his usual big-legged self. That boot out of a short endzoe was a great clutch kick with little room to manuever!
Rossum, why do you tease me so!
Andy Lee is one of our best players. He is so consistent that we don't think about the possibility of a poor punt any longer. We are lucky to have him locked up for a number of years!
We got the best tandem kicker/punter duo in the NFL!
This would be a good time to bust out my Photoshopped Andy Lee tributes.
That punt from the 1 yard line could have gone wrong so badly. After watching Aaron Rodgers take a safety in the endzone, I was thinking, "wow, they could've blocked the punt for a safety or touchdown". We could've lost the game right there, but Andy Lee, with ice water in his veins, punted that outta there, backing up Rolle! Andy Lee, I salute you!