LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Tim Kawakami - This guy is a FOOL !!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have no problems with Kawakami's article.
Have to agree, the article did touch on points of improvement that need to be addressed. But I also am not a big Kawakami fan, especially having to put up with his smug, almost pompous personality while watching Chronicle Live.
  • wickedsvt
  • Info N/A
I agree what he said was true, but i meant the overall tone of the article, hyping the negative, down playing all the positive. That's why I am labeling him a HATER !!
Kawakami is a twit.

The article doesn't once mention that this is exactly the way the Niners need to play teams that have high octane offensive weapons. The runs weren't pretty, but they ate up a sh*tload of clock, contributed a score, and got the Arizona defense so interested in stopping anything between the tackles, that they and their D-Coordinator paid no attention to Gore as a receiver.

This game was a chess match, and the Niners played it right. They ate up the clock, used the pass rush abuse Kurt Warner, and just beat on the Cardinals until they broke.

Don't believe me? Just watch the Cards of the first quarter....and compare their play to the Cards of the fourth quarter. They got beat up. They got discouraged. By the time they had to execute to win, they couldn't.

That's fisical with an F, guys. Its what we were promised, and its working so far.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Kawakami is a twit.

The article doesn't once mention that this is exactly the way the Niners need to play teams that have high octane offensive weapons. The runs weren't pretty, but they ate up a sh*tload of clock, contributed a score, and got the Arizona defense so interested in stopping anything between the tackles, that they and their D-Coordinator paid no attention to Gore as a receiver.

This game was a chess match, and the Niners played it right. They ate up the clock, used the pass rush abuse Kurt Warner, and just beat on the Cardinals until they broke.

Don't believe me? Just watch the Cards of the first quarter....and compare their play to the Cards of the fourth quarter. They got beat up. They got discouraged. By the time they had to execute to win, they couldn't.

That's fisical with an F, guys. Its what we were promised, and its working so far.

You must be part of the Staff because I have rarely read any posts from regular members that made that much sense.
Kawakami is a twit.

Running the ball is fine. Running the same PLAY over and over is not. It's just embarrassing.
Right.. Kawakami is a fool because he is absolutley right on with his assessment. LOL
This team may have one of the most boring offenses in the league and that is what they are going to continue to have until they get a top flight QB and WR. Until then, they are going to be pretty ugly - and hopefully just effecient enough to win.

Kawakami gets so much hatred whether he is writing about the Warriors, the Giants, or the Niners. I happen to think he is right most of the time and I love the fact that he doesnt kiss ownership's ass.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Kawakami is a twit.

Running the ball is fine. Running the same PLAY over and over is not. It's just embarrassing.

The Niners weren't running the same play over and over again.

What happened was that Arizona mad a conscious decision to send both inside backers whenever the Niners featured a "run" look. Every time that Gore and Norris were in the backfield, the Cards took away anything between the tackles. Their inability to shift scheme in the 4th quarter is what cost them the game...and is the reason why Frank was all by himself on his TD reception.

This team is built to win games like this.

Tim wants pretty football. So do I. Whenever I want to watch it, I pop in my Niners DVD collection and watch their 5 pretty Superbowl wins.

If you want pretty football, watch DVDs. If you want to watch what we have now, tune in on Sundays, pay attention to the trenches, and learn about line play...because for now, that's what you're going to get.
Kawakami is a twit.

IMO, the Cards were discouraged and beat up on the offensive side of the ball, not on defense. Their D-Line was hammering on our O-Line all game and getting a great push. It's not like our 15 play drive was a case of us "breaking" them and consistently getting 6 or 7 yard rushing gains because their D was worn out from pounding on them all game, almost everything was through the air.

I understand the point about eating up the clock and neutralizing a potent offense, but how much clock can you really eat up when you're consistently going 3 and out? That's exactly what we did on all of our 2nd half drives except for one. I think that part of being ball control offense is being able to get 6 or 7 yard gains by throwing the ball to your WRs on curl routes, hitting your TE in the middle of the field, or Gore in the flat. If we want to eat up clock, we gotta move the chains.

It's hard to complain when you beat the defending NFC champions in their house, but I don't think that this sort of offense is sustainable. I think that Hill's exhibited the ability to get those short gains without turning the ball over. We should take advantage of that. IMO, we won this game in spite of our offensive play calling, not because of it.

The Niners weren't running the same play over and over again.

What happened was that Arizona mad a conscious decision to send both inside backers whenever the Niners featured a "run" look. Every time that Gore and Norris were in the backfield, the Cards took away anything between the tackles. Their inability to shift scheme in the 4th quarter is what cost them the game...and is the reason why Frank was all by himself on his TD reception.

This team is built to win games like this.

Tim wants pretty football. So do I. Whenever I want to watch it, I pop in my Niners DVD collection and watch their 5 pretty Superbowl wins.

If you want pretty football, watch DVDs. If you want to watch what we have now, tune in on Sundays, pay attention to the trenches, and learn about line play...because for now, that's what you're going to get.

so you're saying there's no room to adjust? Just keep pounding the middle? Great...

[ Edited by socalniner on Sep 14, 2009 at 10:00:35 ]

Originally posted by wickedsvt:
I have always hated this guy and his hatred for the niners !!! Today after reading this - I hate him just a little bit more !! - UGH

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_13331711?nclick_check=1

I dont like his writing either but this time he is right, or you can honestly tell me that our run run run and then run some more mentality wasnt mind boggling yesterday? WE have to change that asap.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Kawakami is a twit.

IMO, the Cards were discouraged and beat up on the offensive side of the ball, not on defense. Their D-Line was hammering on our O-Line all game and getting a great push. It's not like our 15 play drive was a case of us "breaking" them and consistently getting 6 or 7 yard rushing gains because their D was worn out from pounding on them all game, almost everything was through the air.

I understand the point about eating up the clock and neutralizing a potent offense, but how much clock can you really eat up when you're consistently going 3 and out? That's exactly what we did on all of our 2nd half drives except for one. I think that part of being ball control offense is being able to get 6 or 7 yard gains by throwing the ball to your WRs on curl routes, hitting your TE in the middle of the field, or Gore in the flat. If we want to eat up clock, we gotta move the chains.

It's hard to complain when you beat the defending NFC champions in their house, but I don't think that this sort of offense is sustainable. I think that Hill's exhibited the ability to get those short gains without turning the ball over. We should take advantage of that. IMO, we won this game in spite of our offensive play calling, not because of it.

You took the words right out of my mouth, or keyboard, in this case. How do 3 and outs eat up the clock? And it was our stellar D play that discouraged the Cards, not the repetitive runs of zero or less, yards! Or maybe it was our O linemen getting pushed around that tired out the Cards?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Kawakami is a twit.

You are right Pete. Our 15 play, 80-yard drive was a result of the Cardinals "stubbornly" deciding to crowd the line, take away inside running lanes, and as a result it opened up the flats, slants, curls and outs that made up the drive.

The reason why I cringe at the term "inflexibility" is that it was precisely our ability to shift scheme and Arizona's refusal to do so that led to the go ahead TD.
The article was spot on. Major adjustments need to be made asap
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cubanb:
He is right!
Share 49ersWebzone