There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
theres no other way to look at it. if he had a good arm we wouldnt have gone 3 and out so many times. and would have scored td's off the turnovers we got. the d won the game period. offense was non existent rreally until the 8 min drive. ok score by gore. but the d only got scored on cause they couldn't stay off the feild til again the 8 min drive. it probably could have been 20-7 if offense could move. so yes they stopped gore because hills arm is weak and they were not afraid of it......

finally some one who gets it

simple fans don't understand half of defense is the o keeping them off the field. hill did not manage that , if he did once again it would have probably been around that 20-7 mark. our d is sick they proved it but yeah of course the points came we couldn't get them off the feild, and when we did they were right back on. hill puts together one decent drive and when that happened the d shut down arizona for the win. same issue every year d is good but o cant keep them off the field. but yeah hill is so much better?

I could be wrong, but; I thought we won time of possession...

Yep, just looked it up... 31:37 to 28:23.

[ Edited by D_Niner on Sep 14, 2009 at 14:42:54 ]
  • Squirrel
  • Info N/A
Hill is the second coming of Joe Montana. Don't believe me? Just ask our very own Joecool who believes there are no other quarterbacks in the league as talented and as physically gifted as Hill.
The man is a gamer. The man is clutch. The man wins games. Nuf said.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
theres no other way to look at it. if he had a good arm we wouldnt have gone 3 and out so many times. and would have scored td's off the turnovers we got. the d won the game period. offense was non existent rreally until the 8 min drive. ok score by gore. but the d only got scored on cause they couldn't stay off the feild til again the 8 min drive. it probably could have been 20-7 if offense could move. so yes they stopped gore because hills arm is weak and they were not afraid of it......

simple fans don't understand half of defense is the o keeping them off the field. hill did not manage that , if he did once again it would have probably been around that 20-7 mark. our d is sick they proved it but yeah of course the points came we couldn't get them off the feild, and when we did they were right back on. hill puts together one decent drive and when that happened the d shut down arizona for the win. same issue every year d is good but o cant keep them off the field. but yeah hill is so much better?

C'mon, why look up stats, and bring this debate into the realm of reality? That is not fair. The people talking out their asses are at a great disadvantage when you do that kind of thing.

u dont get it. our d was shutting them out for a while. but our offense couldn't keep the d off the feild. thats why they got 16 points. the d didn't let up at all. they just had no breaks. and 3 min..... the way our d played if o was doing anything we would have beat them by 7 min or more.....and points would be down on zona side. d showed up o didn't.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd say limited but not as weak. It's not the down field passes, that's a concern, its the deep outs, ins and deep comeback routes that Hill has a hard time with.

this is a great point. those are the passes that you see guys like Manning zipping all over the field That's not Shaun's game. He can throw a decent go route with some air under it, its not terribly accurate but it gets there.

This is a warranted concern, since opposing defenses are going to crowd the LOS and play man coverage on the edge, Hill needs to be able to zip the ball on a hitch or out route. When he throws these routes they are either short or he puts too much air under it allowing the corners to gather themselves and make a possible play on the ball.

Although a strong arm isn't a guarantee that the QB who posesses it will be great, it does help when throwing those deep routes and go routes with some zip. Especially when you are going to be run heavy team, you need that deep threat to loosen up the D and not bring that 8th man into the box, ala Flacco, Rothlesberger, Ryan, Eli Manning...
Gutsy > arm strength
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

this

it sucks morgan couldn't catch that td in the endzone

True, but that defender made a damn good play. His arm/hand was in the perfect position to break that up.

you're both right. Morgan had a chance at it, it was a great throw, and the coverage was great. To be elite, the WR has gotta catch that ball, but its a tough catch, no question.

No doubt he had a chance to bring it in. I'm just sayin'.

Crabtree woulda caught that...

u dont get it. our d was shutting them out for a while. but our offense couldn't keep the d off the feild. thats why they got 16 points. the d didn't let up at all. they just had no breaks. and 3 min..... the way our d played if o was doing anything we would have beat them by 7 min or more.....and points would be down on zona side. d showed up o didn't.

No, I don't think you get it... We won Time of Possession by approximately 3 minutes and that was without a run game.

Stop with your Hill hate. True the guys not Montana or young; but , so far, he's been better than any other QB we've had in the past 5 years...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

They were kicking our asses in the trenches, but the O did show up, why overlook the obvious......we won right??

T.O.P. -

No Turnovers -

More points then the other team -

What was your beef again??

No, I don't think you get it... We won Time of Possession by approximately 3 minutes and that was without a run game.

Stop with your Hill hate. True the guys not Montana or young; but , so far, he's been better than any other QB we've had in the past 5 years...

dude he doesnt move the ball if he did we would have killed them in time of possession........ and i dont hate hill. i was saying what 2 years ago he was better than dilfer and should have been playing from the gate that year. so you can miss me with that one. i just know every team will stack the box because hill is no sort of offensive weapon, and d's dont respect him. i wouldnt. its like basketball, im gonna make u shoot til u make it and when u do ill startin tightning up the d. theres no way around hill not having an arm..... so until hill shows he is a threat d's will cont. to stack the box

ps. davis is better

[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 14, 2009 at 15:31:52 ]

They were kicking our asses in the trenches, but the O did show up, why overlook the obvious......we won right??

T.O.P. -

No Turnovers -

LOL. Way to sum it up

T.O.P. -

No Turnovers -

LOL. Way to sum it up

the way our d played we should have killed them in t.o.p..... not a measely 3 min. the o showed up..... please our best player got 30 yards. what the artiocle say a total of 203 yards. could be wrong but that is no offense.

[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 14, 2009 at 15:32:28 ]
any way we look at it good d's are gonna shut him the f**k down...... and shut down gore because the qb with the best arm( power and acc.) is third string.
u guys can disagree with me all you want but 60% of this board agrees hills arm is weak