LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Do we continue to start Snyder?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
We will be working Pashos into the right tackle rotation. Don't know what that means for Synder

-MM's twitter page

It means he is headed back to his best position, utility lineman. However, he's got to compete at LG after Baas' dreadful appearance.

Give me the five best guys on the line.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
We will be working Pashos into the right tackle rotation. Don't know what that means for Synder

-MM's twitter page

It means he is headed back to his best position, utility lineman. However, he's got to compete at LG after Baas' dreadful appearance.

Give me the five best guys on the line.

Staley LT
Wragge LG
Heitmann C
Baas/Rachal RG
Pashos/Snyder RT

I like Wragge better Baas. He's much stronger. Snyder did look bad so did Rachal. The right side of the line is a problem not as much on the left.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
It wasn't just Snyder who played poorly on the o-line, not even close. Baas and Rachal missed some key blocks, Heitman got pushed back more than a few times and Staley probably played the best out of the bunch and he didn't play all that great either.

Don't get me started on Heitman.........overrated Center

Heitman is overrated and I don't think our O-Line will ever be what we want it to be as long as Eric Heitman is our starting center.

Maddog entrance in 3,2,1....

Eric Heitmann overrated = Tom Brady overrated = Joe Montana overrated.

Honestly, criticizing Heitmann after yesterday's game could be the stupidest thing written all day. I mean, this is beyond naive. Zero football knowledge. Congrats!

P.S. Didn't we go down this road last year?

I agree Heitmann isn't the problem, but the stupidest thing written all day by far is lumping Heitmann in with Brady and Montana.
It wasn't just Snyder who played poorly on the o-line, not even close. Baas and Rachal missed some key blocks, Heitman got pushed back more than a few times and Staley probably played the best out of the bunch and he didn't play all that great either.

Heitman is overrated and I don't think our O-Line will ever be what we want it to be as long as Eric Heitman is our starting center.

Honestly, criticizing Heitmann after yesterday's game could be the stupidest thing written all day. I mean, this is beyond naive. Zero football knowledge. Congrats!

Hey Dog, I'll give you some love on the Heitmann comment as I think he played the best of the bunch. However Baas was not great but he was as good as Rachel and better than Snyder. We already tried the Snyder LG senario before and it was a complete failure. Lets not go backwards and as far as those that think Wragge is better than Baas not even close. The run game sucked because of the OC. pure and simple. The cards blitzed the run all day long. Friggin pathetic Jimmy Raye!!!!!!!
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
He spent his time compensating for Baas.

Baas got beat like he was stealing something.

Who is the "he" you are referring too?

The "he" that I was referring to is Snyder.

Baas put in the worst performance by a 49er lineman that I have seen in YEARS yesterday. I would say that he was god-awful....but that would be an insult to god-awful linemen throughout the the league.

Good to see you are still watching out for your guy, Maddog.
KWAME HARRIS

SIGN HIM

• Veteran
Snyder's pass protection reminds me of Kwami Harris. Actually KH could run block effectively.
Coach will give Snyder a chance to redeem himself...as he should. Great to have a guy like Pashos, who's got more experience at the position and could eventually work his way into the starting lineup. Before that, though, Adam has earned the opportunity to fix the mistakes he made. If he can't cut it, then Pashos would be a viable option.
Is Snyder 100% healthy? after his injury in preseason game?

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Coach will give Snyder a chance to redeem himself...as he should. Great to have a guy like Pashos, who's got more experience at the position and could eventually work his way into the starting lineup. Before that, though, Adam has earned the opportunity to fix the mistakes he made. If he can't cut it, then Pashos would be a viable option.

Yup. At some point this week, Singletary will single out Snyder and say something to the effect of: "Ok, you asked to be kept at one position, so we're putting our confidence and faith in you to keep up your end of the bargain and hold down our right side. As you know, we've got Pashos, an old vet, rarin' to break the starting line-up, where he thinks he belongs. It's all on you now, son." One more sub-par performance from him next Sunday and in comes Pashos for the rest of the season.

Shanghai'D
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Yup. At some point this week, Singletary will single out Snyder and say something to the effect of: "Ok, you asked to be kept at one position, so we're putting our confidence and faith in you to keep up your end of the bargain and hold down our right side. As you know, we've got Pashos, an old vet, rarin' to break the starting line-up, where he thinks he belongs. It's all on you now, son." One more sub-par performance from him next Sunday and in comes Pashos for the rest of the season.

Shanghai'D

The problem is that I think Snyder already knows this, don't you think? I don't think Singletary has to have individual talks with everyone on the roster. "Hey you, Battle. Come here. You know that if you don't produce, we'll sign Crabtree and he might take your spot, right?" Battle knows this. Thus, he will want to produce. So does Synder. The bottom line is that it comes down to actual talent. I have a hard time believing that anything Singletary says is going to make Synder play any better. Maybe a little, but not much. Maybe he just had a bad game. We'll see.

Good to see you are still watching out for your guy, Maddog.

You know, only the board could take a thread on Snyder and make it a criticism of the best lineman on the team. I'm glad some people actually know the game enough to realize how ridiculous these criticisms are.

Cheers.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
1game ?

Can't give credit to the other team ?

In that case bench Gore cuz his 30 yards can't hold Petersons 180's sack

well gore wasnt able to reach the line of scrimmage before fighting of a cardinal player so ya i think its safe to blame the oline an not gore

Take is easy. He is a CAPTAIN!
Share 49ersWebzone