LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Niner Fans in Arizona...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We gotta give a big thanks to OUR 12th man in Arizona...

From watching the game on tv... it seemed as if there were quite a bit of 49er fans in the house.... The camera showed alot of loud yelling 49er fans and i know the colors are the same as the cardinals jerseys... but every time it showed the audience... I saw at least a few groups of Niner fans in every shot...

I know that stadium is built for noise... but the 49er fans that were there showed up with their lungs... This was evident when we were on Defense... and it showed one of our guys on the sidelines moving his hands up and down as to get our fans to make noise for our D...

The last fumble of the game that Smith Caused (which by the way I think should receive the game ball for his performance) the crowd to go crazy... like it seriously sounded like they were cheering... and the camera got some shots of some Niner fans going wild...

So I would like to thank all of our 12th men from Arizona who made it out to the game today... and helped make a difference to get us our first of many W's today! My hats off to you!

[ Edited by zozell on Sep 13, 2009 at 18:32:36 ]
Originally posted by zozell:
We gotta give a big thanks to OUR 12th man in Arizona...

From watching the game on tv... it seemed as if there were quite a bit of 49er fans in the house.... The camera showed alot of loud yelling 49er fans and i know the colors are the same as the cardinals jerseys... but every time it showed the audience... I saw at least a few groups of Niner fans in every shot...

I know that stadium is built for noise... but the 49er fans that were there showed up with their lungs... This was evident when we were on Defense... and it showed on of our guys on the sidelines moving his hands up and down as to get our fans to make noise for our D...

The last fumble of the game that Smith Caused (which by the way I think should receive the game ball for his performance) the crowd to go crazy... like it seriously sounded like they were cheering... and the camera got some shots of some Niner fans going wild...

So I would like to thank all of our 12th men from Arizona who made it out to the game today... and helped make a difference to get us our first of many W's today! My hats off to you!

Helllllz Yeah!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Yeah I noticed that too when I attended the opener in 06. We represented a large part of the crowd but considering Arizona's location in relationship to California that doesn't surprise me.
Originally posted by Esco:
Yeah I noticed that too when I attended the opener in 06. We represented a large part of the crowd but considering Arizona's location in relationship to California that doesn't surprise me.

I know quite a few people that go to the Arizona games when we travel there... Not to mention... in the past 5 years... an average of 30k people per month moved out of the Bay Area to other states... alot went to Arizona... so alot of people that moved to AZ are from here and are Niner fans...

It was nice to see!
Late in the 4th when the Cards were on offense you could hear fans chanting "DEFENSE" ..
Originally posted by Hurricane:
Late in the 4th when the Cards were on offense you could hear fans chanting "DEFENSE" ..

Yea that was sick...It was nice to see Niner fans at an AWAY GAME for once!
Having lived in AZ for quite a while, i was amused with all the "hardcore" AZ fans high-fiving each other on TV when "their boy" Fitz made a play. I live out in MO now but I still have friends there who 1-3 years ago couldn't have given two s--ts about the Tards and now are "hardcore" fans. Yeah right. We'll see how how that goes if the Tards get off to a slow start. It's entirely possible as the 9ers with it's average pass rush just gave everyone else the blueprint on how to stop AZ. But yeah it was good to see SF fans in action

[ Edited by TDilvr on Sep 13, 2009 at 18:43:49 ]
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame

Yes, it was great!
I heard some cheers after that second Gore TD. Not real surprising though, as I think there are still a number of longtime 9ers fans down there, transplants, and retirees.
Originally posted by zozell:

Yea that was sick...It was nice to see Niner fans at an AWAY GAME for once!

yea it was sick i was like wtf why are they chanting defense lol kind of shocking considering the cards almost one the superbowl

Hell yeah. Major props to the AZ Niner fans. They definitely made their presence felt.
I heard a "Let's Go Niners" late in the game chant when they where on offense.
well me and my group was some of the niner fans there...i live here so obviously i go to the game year in and year out...i was shocked this year how many niner fans showed up, we were everywhere...we personally sat on the what would be left of the niner bench section and for whatever reason, it was litterally all niner fans...as we got our tickets to the game, somehow we all got put there. any chants you heard were all of us.....we represented hard, i have no voice left. man after the game, we had such a huge cheer session in the concourse, we rubbed it in good...

anyway, i cant believe we won, gonna soak it up but for those concerned with niner representation in az, no need to worry....we had a legion, we chanted all game long till all of us went hoarse...you could see the looks of frustration on cardinals fans everywhere, everywhere they looked it was niner fans, i cant exaggerate enuf how many of us they were out there, colors never felt better....so happy to hear we could be heard on the broadcast, we shouted our a$$es off
Originally posted by ssahnan:
well me and my group was some of the niner fans there...i live here so obviously i go to the game year in and year out...i was shocked this year how many niner fans showed up, we were everywhere...we personally sat on the what would be left of the niner bench section and for whatever reason, it was litterally all niner fans...as we got our tickets to the game, somehow we all got put there. any chants you heard were all of us.....we represented hard, i have no voice left. man after the game, we had such a huge cheer session in the concourse, we rubbed it in good...

anyway, i cant believe we won, gonna soak it up but for those concerned with niner representation in az, no need to worry....we had a legion, we chanted all game long till all of us went hoarse...you could see the looks of frustration on cardinals fans everywhere, everywhere they looked it was niner fans, i cant exaggerate enuf how many of us they were out there, colors never felt better....so happy to hear we could be heard on the broadcast, we shouted our a$$es off

it was very nice to hear the noise on tv! that must have been a fun game to be at!!
Originally posted by ssahnan:

thats awesome dude.
Share 49ersWebzone