There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Robinson's Play-By-Play

Just a short take on what I heard today.

Now, I didn't listen to the game on the radio, but listening to him on NFL.com's highlight reel (I wanted to see how he did/sounded), he sounded fine.

He's no Joe Starkey, but he at least sounded like was actually into the game, and excited about it. That's the most important thing. If they're excited, it makes listeners excited as well. After people get used to it, I think they'll really like the new guy.

Others' thoughts?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Just a short take on what I heard today.

Now, I didn't listen to the game on the radio, but listening to him on NFL.com's highlight reel (I wanted to see how he did/sounded), he sounded fine.

He's no Joe Starkey, but he at least sounded like was actually into the game, and excited about it. That's the most important thing. If they're excited, it makes listeners excited as well. After people get used to it, I think they'll really like the new guy.

Others' thoughts?

i heard a little of it. the 4th QTR TD drive. and alot like starkey he gets excited and does a decent job of relaying the action to you.
Damn. I totally forgot to put the radio on while I was watching. Did he have a good touchdown call? I always loved and will miss the "oh what a bonanza!!!"
Originally posted by postonhater:
Damn. I totally forgot to put the radio on while I was watching. Did he have a good touchdown call? I always loved and will miss the "oh what a bonanza!!!"

sadly i didn't realy get to hear it. the radio signal sucked and sounded like a grass edger when i was speeding up or driving much more than 15 MPH, and i waas on my way home to watch the game.

Not that I know of. Unfortunately, Robinson hasn't really been around long enough to have any marquee phrases or memorable calls.
He did a fine job But it's tough not to have Starkey. Ted did a very good job.

Not that I know of. Unfortunately, Robinson hasn't really been around long enough to have any marquee phrases or memorable calls.

I think everyone's radio calls were dwarfed by Gus Johnson's call on the CIN/DEN game's tip TD. Great reaction and call.

Same here.........not much of a Starkey lover
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
he's a pro--we're fortunate to have him.
Originally posted by adrenaline:

I think everyone's radio calls were dwarfed by Gus Johnson's call on the CIN/DEN game's tip TD. Great reaction and call.

I didn't hear that one, but now I'll have to go listen..
I listened to the radio and enjoyed it.

True, he is not Starkey (regardless of how you feel about him as a broadcaster, he has such a unique voice that he is instantly recognizable) but he did a fine job and I think he got you into the game.

Also, I appreciate Gary Plummer even more know. Since he still does the color commentary, now I can compare and say that Plummer pointing out all the little things and explaining what happens with his NFL experience is really nice, I always have the feeling I learn something more about football this way

So keep it up guys, I will keep listening
ted rob was decent, i would of prefered fonzi... miss joe starkey
To me he sounds too much like the Panthers play-by-play broadcaster.