There are 284 users in the forums

Frank Gore and the 49ers are Ready to Get Physical!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can't wait to see Gore & the 49ers get physical on sunday!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
This all great, but I'm having trouble believing our running game will sustain drives to the point where passing isn't necessary. Frank and company will need to get a lofty 5.5 ypc and at least 7 yards between every 1st and 2nd down.

Rather than boasting about the potential regarding the running game, I'm much more interested in the 3rd down conversion rate. TOP is critical for this team and running is 1/2 the story - or maybe 2/3rds.

we will still be able to pass. we will never run every down. we will see much more play actions and quicker slants to hold off the rush. Your right the 3rd conversion rate is important, but the ability to run the ball will keep that conversion rate high. actually all you will have to get is about 4.4 per and that will keep us in the 3rd and shorts.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Don't you mean Fisical?

Dang I was gonna say that!
  • B650
  • Veteran
The 49ers will win if they can get to Warner and run the ball.
All I can think of right now is the first game against the cards last season when frank ripped off that long run and then everything went anemic and my dreams were crushed. I still dont get how Martz saw Frank pull that off and then decided hey lets pass every down.

Lets just hope Raye remembers he still has to pass to set up the run :) but if we are still running Gore in the second half Ill be ecstatic cause it means we are in a position to :)
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
I hope both sides of the ball treat the cards like our D treated the Raider's O in Napa.

now this is getting physical!

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Sep 10, 2009 at 22:02:40 ]
Frank & Coffee and all are groovy and all, but... PASS THE BALL.. meh on this 60-40, 50-50, 40-50 run "game plan"..... This is going to get shut down so fast it's going to make your head swim. Wait an see. Then what, are they prepared to do what all the good teams do, take up and out, or will they be losin it coz they haven't practiced it in the preseason?

Oh wait, they were playing vanilla and didn't want to give away their WCO-Stretch O secrets.. right..

blehhhhhhhhh

Good Luck and GO NINERS!!
Anyone notice that the hard running Steelers just won in over time with the, dare I say it, forward pass? Kind of like the SB win.. If not for that.. Raye scares me, however more is to be revealed in a couple days..

We shoaa will know then.
we wont be able to run if we can't pass deep if we play a good team, period!

• B650
  • Veteran
Even if we're a running team, it doesn't mean that we won't pass the ball or throw deep.
Originally posted by B650:
Even if we're a running team, it doesn't mean that we won't pass the ball or throw deep.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

check out the dude sitting in the orange on the left, hes like this
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

check out the dude sitting in the orange on the left, hes like this

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone