There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary falling out ou favor with the local media?

Originally posted by Joecool:
The media sucks.

Whoa!
Originally posted by Giant9er:
How about the media fell out of favor with me years ago. Other than the two Matts, media coverage sucks. For example : Read Ray Rathole. What a piece of work he is.

I used to really dislike Ratto, but not so much anymore after seeing him on TV & hearing him on the radio a bunch of times. I realize he is just a smartass, that would rather laugh about this stuff than be serious. Taken in that context, I just see his writing for the entertainment fluff that it is, and nothing very serious - even if it sounds harsh.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Whatever.

i didnt know singletary was supposed to win over the media...

thought he was supposed to win games.

Brazilian thinks bigMke is gone at 5Ws or maybe 6. I just don't ever see the guy getting more than 9, and probably 7 is his #. One thing tho, and that is if bigMike goes, scot goes too. Too much inexperience, not enough cojones, no guts, no glory,and a real good candidate for a college scout.

speaking of which, we need not only a HOFO, we need some real Italian type scouts, like we had under walsh and eddie D. Our scouting of talent for last 5 yrs? Except for the obvious p52 and Frank, has been abysmal. I am not convinced bigmike has the HC football mentality to produce a SB contender. Yup, he straightened out a mess created by noln, but that isn't coaching. He is a decent man, in a job he isn't qualified for(by virtue of coaching experience), and he has an anchor around his leg , to wit, scot mc C. I don't see much sunshine there.

Oh, as for the media, screw 'em. Problem is, then you have a hard time getting good press for things like, well, say...a new stadium? Maybe bigMike ought to rething that media thing. You think?
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Walsh and Seifert didn't have reporters posting every practice incompletion on twitter and then going on 24 hour sports news tv stations to talk about what they saw.

Media has changed, and so has the amount of fan attention.

I agree that Sing's approach is a little dramatic, but it's a very different media world that he has to deal with than the one Walsh dealt with.

Here's MM's take on that (again, via Twitter):

RNeilan: you can't pretend media was the same for walsh/seifert.

MattMaiocco: True there were 15 reporters who covered team then. Now, there's five.

O---------K.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i didnt know singletary was supposed to win over the media...

thought he was supposed to win games.

Teams with a lot of empty seats in a dumpy stadium should have at least one guy that talks to the media, and makes the fans feel all warm & fuzzy. If it aint the head coach, someone needs to be the guy. When a team starts shunning the media, they are dissing the fans that want to read about their team.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Walsh and Seifert didn't have reporters posting every practice incompletion on twitter and then going on 24 hour sports news tv stations to talk about what they saw.

Media has changed, and so has the amount of fan attention.

I agree that Sing's approach is a little dramatic, but it's a very different media world that he has to deal with than the one Walsh dealt with.

Here's MM's take on that (again, via Twitter):

RNeilan: you can't pretend media was the same for walsh/seifert.

MattMaiocco: True there were 15 reporters who covered team then. Now, there's five.

O---------K.

For sure. When the 49ers were winning Superbowls and had Superstar players, you had local, National, and even International press hanging around. Now you have about five local dudes that have to punch their time card and go talk to the lowly 49ers.
I AM THE MEDIA:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I AM THE MEDIA:

That's an awesome picture.