There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary falling out ou favor with the local media?

The media can kiss my butt. They want the niners to fail. It makes for better reading!!! I was watching an old clip with Bill Walsh in the locker room telling the team that the media was their biggest enemy and that they would like nothing more than to see the team fail. Screw them. Keep doing what you're doing Coach.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
IMO, Singletary has been systematically changing the team's culture from day one. For example, he runs very intense practice sessions trying to match the intensity of actual games. Singletary also had a physical training camp that sets his minimum level of expectations for the team. With the semi media blackout, he is directing the team's focus towards our next opponent rather than whatever story reporters dream up.

If and when we have success, I see Singletary lightening up on things. The team will eventually develop leaders and will police themselves.
Can't please everyone. Harder the work ethic the better pay off. The media always has something to complain about. Coach Singletary seems not to want distractions and to stay focus. I don't really blame him for that. He says we have alot of work to be done and that we're not a good enough football team yet to be doing what other teams might be able to pull off. To me, Coach is a Realist. I'm behind him. So forget the petty local media.
The media sucks.

If he wins of course, then fans will love him regardless of how odd he is with the media. If they are just around .500 or less, his avoidance of discussing anything of substance will really start pissing fans off. If they aren't winning the West, the more he shuts out the media, the more fans will interpret it as the same old BS with the 49ers we have been suffering through the last several years.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The media sucks.

Is that his wife?
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The media sucks.

Is that his wife?

Yes.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
The media can kiss my butt. They want the niners to fail. It makes for better reading!!! I was watching an old clip with Bill Walsh in the locker room telling the team that the media was their biggest enemy and that they would like nothing more than to see the team fail. Screw them. Keep doing what you're doing Coach.

And you believed that?? Please. He was motivating the players.

When the team sucks people AVOID the sports news.
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't particularly like it, but it's only going to happen on Wednesdays, which I believe is typically game plan installation day.

I'm eagerly awaiting singfan's take on this . . .

Game plan installation day? WTF? A few grunts and a dramatic speech about PASSION that everybody has surely heard before. What are we going to do with the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day?

Seriously, this is what you get when you hire a caveman. However, both the media and Sing are to blame here. Singletary, for not recognizing that it was the media that got him hired. Did he actually think he was hired for his coaching ability and not because he was quotable and ready to explode at any minute? Does he actually think that they stood and applauded in awe of his coaching ability that day and not for the fact that he will make a crappy team highly entertaining with his pants dropping, bumbling, depression era act? They applauded because he wasn't Nolan. They applauded because they would always have a story. Disasters can be great entertainment. Sing should be in their gratitude.

The media should be blamed for the unprofessional and schoolgirl like crush that Maiocco and some others had on Sing. If it wasn't for their over the top, ridiculous brown nosing, we could be staring at a Shanahan coached team right now with a big fat boner. The media screwed us fans over for their own selfish reasons. I have no sympathy for them because now they get to feel how we feel.

Lost and pissed off.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
I don't particularly like it, but it's only going to happen on Wednesdays, which I believe is typically game plan installation day.

Game plan installation day? WTF? A few grunts and a dramatic speech about PASSION that everybody has surely heard before. What are we going to do with the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day?

Seriously, this is what you get when you hire a caveman. However, both the media and Sing are to blame here. Singletary, for not recognizing that it was the media that got him hired. Did he actually think he was hired for his coaching ability and not because he was quotable and ready to explode at any minute? Does he actually think that they stood and applauded in awe of his coaching ability that day and not for the fact that he will make a crappy team highly entertaining with his pants dropping, bumbling, depression era act? They applauded because he wasn't Nolan. They applauded because they would always have a story. Disasters can be great entertainment. Sing should be in their gratitude.

The media should be blamed for the unprofessional and schoolgirl like crush that Maiocco and some others had on Sing. If it wasn't for their over the top, ridiculous brown nosing, we could be staring at a Shanahan coached team right now with a big fat boner. The media screwed us fans over for their own selfish reasons. I have no sympathy for them because now they get to feel how we feel.

Lost and pissed off.

Hope that is a joke
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Lost and pissed off.

Hope that is a joke

I don't get a big fat boner over any coach....what is this non stop obsession with Holmgren and Shannahan? Singfan's brain consists of 4 sections:

1. Trolling Ninertalk

2. Drooling over Holmegren and Shannahan while finding any reason to bash Sing no matter how illogical

3. Using the search function to find his handle being used in Ninertalk

4. Getting good threads locked
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

And you believed that?? Please. He was motivating the players.

When the team sucks people AVOID the sports news.

lol, it is the responsibility of the man in charge to warn his players to watch their mouths in front of the media. But someone who is in charge needs to have some sack & talk to the media. This really is the frist time the 49ers have kind of gone into a silo regarding the media, and imo it is a pretty odd, quirky way of behaving. It is chickens**t really.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The media sucks.

Is that his wife?

Yes.

Just to quote the picture once more, i reckon they're fake.

-9fA
Only fake when u cant touch em
How about the media fell out of favor with me years ago. Other than the two Matts, media coverage sucks. For example : Read Ray Rathole. What a piece of work he is.