There are 170 users in the forums

Singletary falling out ou favor with the local media?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would love to see Singletary punch Ray Ratto
  • whole49yards
  • Info N/A
I like my 49er news as much as the next guy, but calling for Coach's replacement if he doesn't get as many wins as you would like in his first year and calling for the media to start ripping the guy for not allowing attendance Weds. or to somehow take vengance is... scary.

I don't get the annimosity toward the man or the institution! And people defending their right to speak absolutly on any given subject as if everyone must care is self indulgent.

Just like my post?

Go Coach..Go Niners!!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't particularly like it, but it's only going to happen on Wednesdays, which I believe is typically game plan installation day.

I'm eagerly awaiting singfan's take on this . . .

Game plan installation day? WTF? A few grunts and a dramatic speech about PASSION that everybody has surely heard before. What are we going to do with the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day?

Seriously, this is what you get when you hire a caveman. However, both the media and Sing are to blame here. Singletary, for not recognizing that it was the media that got him hired. Did he actually think he was hired for his coaching ability and not because he was quotable and ready to explode at any minute? Does he actually think that they stood and applauded in awe of his coaching ability that day and not for the fact that he will make a crappy team highly entertaining with his pants dropping, bumbling, depression era act? They applauded because he wasn't Nolan. They applauded because they would always have a story. Disasters can be great entertainment. Sing should be in their gratitude.

The media should be blamed for the unprofessional and schoolgirl like crush that Maiocco and some others had on Sing. If it wasn't for their over the top, ridiculous brown nosing, we could be staring at a Shanahan coached team right now with a big fat boner. The media screwed us fans over for their own selfish reasons. I have no sympathy for them because now they get to feel how we feel.

Lost and pissed off.
Walsh had an extensive playbook and Jimmy raye has ten plays, therefore even one play getting out can really hurt us. LOL
Does anyone think Belichick gives a hoot about the media...he only cooperates to whatever extent he feels he has to. My sense is Singletary will do the same. His focus is on the team...where it should be. The media will simply have to adjust...
who gives a s**t?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Does anyone think Belichick gives a hoot about the media...he only cooperates to whatever extent he feels he has to. My sense is Singletary will do the same. His focus is on the team...where it should be. The media will simply have to adjust...

Beat me to the punch. What better example to give than Belichick. Singletary realizes that it's going to take everything in the tank to get this team to the postseason. The focus should be on nothing else but Sundays. He's got a job to do and is trying adamantly to do everything necessary to get it done right.
I was listening to Coach on the KNBR link...and he kept reiterating he's excited for his players...because they've worked really hard during the off-season to prepare for the wars ahead. He's totally focused on the next game...and so is his team...as it should be.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I would love to see Singletary punch Ray Ratto

with all the stuff leaking the last year im not surprised at all that he cut the presses access down. lynch is crappy anyway and maocco is heading down that path too. barrows is the only one reporting them like they should be reported, from an outsiders vie, now a team affiliate like maocco. i liked when glenn dickey used to cover them too but unfortunately he doesnt work at the chronicle and cover them anymore.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Walsh had an extensive playbook and Jimmy raye has ten plays, therefore even one play getting out can really hurt us. LOL

LOL that was pretty funny.

i hope sing does well, but like i said before i feel this wasnt needed and he better win.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I would love to see anyone punch Ray Ratto

fixed

Thanks for adding a little perspective ......
I don't have a problem with it. NE tries to have the utmost privacy in regarding team matters and they keep winning. If singletary wins it won't be a problem. If he doesn't it won't have anything to do with media attention. He's trying to instill a team attitude like NE which leads by example in all of this. It's all about the team and shouldn't be about outside influences anyway.
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:

Thanks for adding a little perspective ......

Exactly. I was gonna mention Bellicheat as well.

I hate the guy, but Bellichick runs his show his way. Singletary should be able to do the same. Lynch will get over it eventually.
Share 49ersWebzone