There are 182 users in the forums

Singletary falling out ou favor with the local media?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The notion that the 49ers dont win because mm and mb are or arent there. the whole idea that stoping them from attending a practice will help wins is retarded. having them there cant hurt. this seems like your typical control freak/dictator coach type of move. singletary better make this team win fast or he should be out of here along with scot at the end of the year.

The last time I heard, the Niners were a private business organization, not a 3rd world country. They have every right to keep what they want secret or public. The media just don't realize that it is a privilege, not a right, that a private business allows them into certain areas of their operations.

No one is questioning their "right". But other people also have the right to think that move is idiotic.

But as for me, I like it. I was never fond of the love the media had for Singletary. I was afraid that, if he had another mediocre 7-9 season, the support from the media might encourage Jed to give another shot. Now it's more likely that, if we finish below .500, Singletary will be fired and I'm really happy about that.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for RedWaltz24.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
The notion that the 49ers dont win because mm and mb are or arent there. the whole idea that stoping them from attending a practice will help wins is retarded. having them there cant hurt. this seems like your typical control freak/dictator coach type of move. singletary better make this team win fast or he should be out of here along with scot at the end of the year.

The last time I heard, the Niners were a private business organization, not a 3rd world country. They have every right to keep what they want secret or public. The media just don't realize that it is a privilege, not a right, that a private business allows them into certain areas of their operations.

No one is questioning their "right". But other people also have the right to think that move is idiotic.

But as for me, I like it. I was never fond of the love the media had for Singletary. I was afraid that, if he had another mediocre 7-9 season, the support from the media might encourage Jed to give another shot. Now it's more likely that, if we finish below .500, Singletary will be fired and I'm really happy about that.

Way to support the team. Every fan should hope for the downfall of their team and those associated with it.

Way to support the team. Every fan should hope for the downfall of their team and those associated with it.

Where did I say I hope for their downfall????????

I said that, IF THE TEAM FINISHES BELOW .500, I hope Sing gets fired!

Every fan should learn how to read.
I could care less what the media thinks of Mike Singletary. He doesn't have to follow what other coaches have done with media nor anything else. He's leading while others are following others.

Let's allow the season to play out and then see what's happening with the media.

Media was quiet as mice during Bush's reign...now they complain about quality time?!

Seriously, dude. This team as mediocre talent at best. If Sing has a mediocre record with a mediocre team, in his first season, that hardly merits firing him. Now, Scott is in his 5th season. That's a different story IMO.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Scotty has has ONE year in his current job as GM,not 5. This is his 2nd year and his FIRST full year without Nolan.
Originally posted by Robert:

Seriously, dude. This team as mediocre talent at best. If Sing has a mediocre record with a mediocre team, in his first season, that hardly merits firing him. Now, Scott is in his 5th season. That's a different story IMO.

This team managed a 7-9 last season. There have been no significant losses, other than the OC, for which Singletary was the one responsible. So yes, I expect improvement. IF he puts up a 5-11, 6-10 season, I say let him go. Let's not make the same excuses we made for Nolan (I was a part of that, I admit) because those set us back tremendously.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
knbr at 8pm-9pm pac time tonight (wed.),The 49ers Insiders show,with game announcer Ted Robinson.

www.knbr.com
Well, since he was named the team HC, Singletary has always enjoyed the support of the press. Hell, he was applauded (!) the first time he walked to the podium as the HC. But apparently, limiting the access of the media to assistan coaches and now to practices is changing that picture FAST:

From Kevin Lynch:

-The 49ers are shutting down practice to the media on Wednesdays for the first time ever. That comes after the 49ers limited access to assistant coaches this year. For the 49ers it might just be procedure, for those who cover the team it's an insult. I don't remember an instance when an assistant coach leaking crucial information or that a reporter ever divulged a play in practice that hurt the team. The limited availability also hurts our ability to cover the team and provide information to a wider audience.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=47210#ixzz0QeqybLPx

From Maiocco via Twitter:

Since Mike Singletary took over as 49ers coach, the club has limited access to assistant coaches and Wednesday practices are now closed. It's shocking that Walsh and Seifert won all those titles while allowing media to watch practice AND talk with 49ers assistant coaches.

Looks like Singletary better start winning. Fast.

f**k the media who cares about them they are like rats they want to feed for free and jump ship quick !
it all makes sense. sing probably doesnt trust everyone in the media and doesnt wanna choose favs and MM feels snubbed cause hes been loyal for 15 years. nothing out of the ordinary.

Well, since he was named the team HC, Singletary has always enjoyed the support of the press. Hell, he was applauded (!) the first time he walked to the podium as the HC. But apparently, limiting the access of the media to assistan coaches and now to practices is changing that picture FAST:

From Kevin Lynch:

-The 49ers are shutting down practice to the media on Wednesdays for the first time ever. That comes after the 49ers limited access to assistant coaches this year. For the 49ers it might just be procedure, for those who cover the team it's an insult. I don't remember an instance when an assistant coach leaking crucial information or that a reporter ever divulged a play in practice that hurt the team. The limited availability also hurts our ability to cover the team and provide information to a wider audience.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=47210#ixzz0QeqybLPx

From Maiocco via Twitter:

Since Mike Singletary took over as 49ers coach, the club has limited access to assistant coaches and Wednesday practices are now closed. It's shocking that Walsh and Seifert won all those titles while allowing media to watch practice AND talk with 49ers assistant coaches.

Looks like Singletary better start winning. Fast.

Well Matt, the Pats don't have allow their assistant coaches to talk to the media, either.

There are two ways to do things.

There is no 'wrong' or 'right'.
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
knbr at 8pm-9pm pac time tonight (wed.),The 49ers Insiders show,with game announcer Ted Robinson. www.knbr.com

summary?

and lol@everyone saying f**k the matts basically, because theyre the main media that cover the team and every time they break a story you guys are basically on their nuts. and they give live updates during fa and stuff like when we went after justin smith i seem to remember. now that singletary bans media from practice its "f**k the media, f**k mm, mb, etc". i dont care whether theyre a corporation or not. the 9ers have the right to do this and as an individual fan i have the right to think its retarded.
hey media, get over it!

Better be worth it though, I enjoy my niner news.

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Sep 9, 2009 at 20:22:25 ]
I don't particularly like it, but it's only going to happen on Wednesdays, which I believe is typically game plan installation day.

I'm eagerly awaiting singfan's take on this . . .

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't particularly like it, but it's only going to happen on Wednesdays, which I believe is typically game plan installation day.

I'm eagerly awaiting singfan's take on this . . .

something like this...

"ShanahanHolmgren"
Share 49ersWebzone