LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 455 users in the forums

Chilo Rachal "Beast Mode"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm taking over/under bets on how many blown assignment will send Bust Mode to Bench Mode by Harbaugh.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm taking over/under bets on how many blown assignment will send Bust Mode to Bench Mode by Harbaugh.

0, he will start the season on the bench
0, We trade him to our B-Squad, err I mean the Seattle Seahawks for a 4th or 5th.
Originally posted by 5280High:
0, We trade him to our B-Squad, err I mean the Seattle Seahawks for a 4th or 5th.

That might be worthwhile...if the team can bring in a FA. I don't trust having another rookie in the starting lineup. At least not next to Davis. Wragge and Snyder have not been starting material either.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

0, he will start the season on the bench

Originally posted by 5280High:

our B-squad made the playoffs while we didn't ....
I remember when it was A.Smith vs S.Hill, vs JTO' Sullivan

Macchio said that JTO was the frontrunner to be the starter on ESPN for game 1

I was like,''Man, this guy is an idiot.''

Low and behold, JTO'Smelling Salts was the starter for 4 games.

Dude knows what he's talking about.
Rachal needs to be replaced or benched. He's turning into the Kwame Harris of guards.
More like "bust mode".
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
MaioccoCSN
49ers RG Chilo Rachel "has emerged as one of the league's better guards," says @ProFootballFocus Anyone surprised?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/01/24/the-profootballfocus-com-all-nfc-west-team/

"who was our highest rated right guard with his run blocking"

In the past, Kwame was known to be good at run blocking, too. Funny how they left out his awesome pass blocking skills.

@ProFootbalFocus @MaioccoCSN Rachal was v good run blocker, but was slightly below avg as pass protector. Makes him look worse than he was

I missed that part. Slightly? WTF?!

Maiocco has fallen off badly since joining CSN.

calm down, maiocco just quoted what the website said..

Even if you take that quote away, my statement still stands.

Or did you think I came to that conclusion based on one sentence of his work?

i'm basing it on the hundreds and hundreds of maiocco articles i've read of him strongly criticizing players for their poor performance. if he gives a good rating of a player that the webzone is highly critical of...well then, now of course he's just a shill for the 49ers.

when the season ended he said there is no conceivable way he can see alex returning for another year. but apparently he was an alex smith fanboy all along. personally, i like kawakami and ratto more, but i just don't agree that his work has "fallen off badly". oh well.

He's mentioned poor performances, but he never "strongly criticizes" anyone.

I'm not sure where you were going with the Alex thing. He didn't see any way Alex would be back, partly due to Alex possibly not wanting to come back, but he never said anything about it having to do with Alex's poor performances. He was never strongly critical of Alex and usually provided many of the excuses used on this forum. So again, where were you going with that? Did you think him saying he couldn't see Alex coming back next year would prove he wasn't a "fanboy?"

As for you liking Ratto and Kawakami more, let me just say they are sports columnists, not beat-writers. Maiocco is a beat-writer, or "insider," as they call him. Kawakami is allowed to say what he wants and he can include his opinion in his articles. Maiocco's job is to follow the team and provide news reports. They are not the same.

My assessment is based solely on his current work compared to his pre-CSNBA work. I say he's fallen off. If you don't agree, that's cool.

Chilo reminds of of playing a game where you have to wait for your turbo to fill up but then dying right before you are able to use it. He has the potential to be a beast of a lineman but just can't get passed the sucking part.
Is it just me but just pre season alone, i must say Chilo seems to have really stepped up the intensity. Now say whatever you want to say about how much you hate the bust blah blah blah whatever but watch him even on the sidelines he is pumped and in peoples faces. In past years he has been a bit of a pushover and a for lack of better words "punk". Watching him so far this year he looks like he has something to prove to the WZ. IDK if he got ahold of some roids but he deff grew some balls. I like what I see in him so far this year. Still lost at times in pass protection but we'll see. Now that I've posted this he'll probably suck again but im thinking he might have finally matured.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not at all true! While I'm disappointed in Rachal, many OLinemen need time to develop and they use to give them three to five years. Now they come in without playing four years in college and you think they should just jump in and be mistake free linemen? He redshirted his freshman year, started out redshirting his sophmore and junior years but wound up playing as a backup, and then started and did well in his junior year. Left for the draft after that year due to illness in the family. So, one full year in college and he's ready for the NFL?

Compare that to Lupati who started three years. Admitedly, it was at Idaho but that was due to grades not ability. And he did have the great Dennis Erickson as a head coach his first year.

Really good points. I didn't realize that he had such little game time experience. I wouldn't have minded him sitting behind a veteran for year or so but people that say Snyder can replace him are just batty. Rachal may give up a sack in pass protection but his run blocking is strong. If he can do just a little better in pass protection, I'd be happy.
Originally posted by Louiecomelately:
Before you guys keep bashing him, here's another article.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/14/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/

These guys tend to assign high grades to players that consistently perform, but do not necessarily make game-changing, splashy plays. While that rating system is flawed for the positions like corner or safety, I think that fits the definition of a good O-lineman pretty well.

"The knock on him coming out of college was that he could struggle in pass protection, and while struggle would be too strong a word, he had his issues. He ended up allowing five sacks and a further 15 hurries as he finished with a negative pass blocking grade. Not terrible, and outside of a schooling at the hands of Gerald McCoy, no single player put a severe beating on him. But there is room for improvement."

15 hurries seems kind of low. I wonder what they consider a "hurry".
Originally posted by Walsh:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not at all true! While I'm disappointed in Rachal, many OLinemen need time to develop and they use to give them three to five years. Now they come in without playing four years in college and you think they should just jump in and be mistake free linemen? He redshirted his freshman year, started out redshirting his sophmore and junior years but wound up playing as a backup, and then started and did well in his junior year. Left for the draft after that year due to illness in the family. So, one full year in college and he's ready for the NFL?

Compare that to Lupati who started three years. Admitedly, it was at Idaho but that was due to grades not ability. And he did have the great Dennis Erickson as a head coach his first year.

Really good points. I didn't realize that he had such little game time experience. I wouldn't have minded him sitting behind a veteran for year or so but people that say Snyder can replace him are just batty. Rachal may give up a sack in pass protection but his run blocking is strong. If he can do just a little better in pass protection, I'd be happy.

Wow, that is VERY little experience. He gets beat whenever he over commits to a block, no wonder he has done this so much.
Share 49ersWebzone