There are 196 users in the forums

Chilo Rachal "Beast Mode"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Louiecomelately:
Before you guys keep bashing him, here's another article.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/14/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/

These guys tend to assign high grades to players that consistently perform, but do not necessarily make game-changing, splashy plays. While that rating system is flawed for the positions like corner or safety, I think that fits the definition of a good O-lineman pretty well.

rachal consistently preforms, too bad hes consistently s**tty, honestl i refuse to read any article titled secret superstar chilo rachal
Originally posted by Louiecomelately:
Before you guys keep bashing him, here's another article.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/14/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/

These guys tend to assign high grades to players that consistently perform, but do not necessarily make game-changing, splashy plays. While that rating system is flawed for the positions like corner or safety, I think that fits the definition of a good O-lineman pretty well.

I give these guys a pass at least until their third year.
These guys are bawsses , but they just don't know and haven't seen all of the NFL defensive looks.

This whole line has 3 years or under of experience.

Staley needs to stop breaking his leg too lol
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Chilo Rachal is f**king garbage. He's terrible. I dont understand how anyone can say otherwise.
Rachal has always seemed motivated, which is the biggest factor in his favor. I did not see the same player this writer saw but did see progress through the year. Perhaps playing next to a rookie was more difficult for Rachal than it would have been for a more veteran player.

I hope he develops because this line could be a monster in a year or two with Lupati and Davis' size and strength. They all have good feet and hopefully are coachable. The main reason the line did poorly over the past two years, other than being young, was the smash mouth scheme that did not fool anyone. What a stupid concept...gonna line up, tell you what we are going to do and then show you how big and strong we are. Stupid.

Now, if Rachal can pull and be a lead blocker in a power sweep...that might be fun to watch.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Worst starter on the team by far. Horrible pass blocker. Good against the run. Pass blocking for a guard is easy, and he can't do it. A guard who kills drives like he does should already be out of the league. Holding and missed blocks.

This is a perfect example of how little knowledge most of the people on this board have about football.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
These guys are bawsses , but they just don't know and haven't seen all of the NFL defensive looks.

Not at guard. You should be able to step in from day one, if you are any good. One of the few positions that is true.
Niner Talk always needs a whipping boy.
Originally posted by dmatt:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Not at guard. You should be able to step in from day one, if you are any good. One of the few positions that is true.

Not at all true! While I'm disappointed in Rachal, many OLinemen need time to develop and they use to give them three to five years. Now they come in without playing four years in college and you think they should just jump in and be mistake free linemen? He redshirted his freshman year, started out redshirting his sophmore and junior years but wound up playing as a backup, and then started and did well in his junior year. Left for the draft after that year due to illness in the family. So, one full year in college and he's ready for the NFL?

Compare that to Lupati who started three years. Admitedly, it was at Idaho but that was due to grades not ability. And he did have the great Dennis Erickson as a head coach his first year.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
MaioccoCSN
49ers RG Chilo Rachel "has emerged as one of the league's better guards," says @ProFootballFocus Anyone surprised?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/01/24/the-profootballfocus-com-all-nfc-west-team/

"who was our highest rated right guard with his run blocking"

In the past, Kwame was known to be good at run blocking, too. Funny how they left out his awesome pass blocking skills.

@ProFootbalFocus @MaioccoCSN Rachal was v good run blocker, but was slightly below avg as pass protector. Makes him look worse than he was

I missed that part. Slightly? WTF?!

Maiocco has fallen off badly since joining CSN.

calm down, maiocco just quoted what the website said..

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
MaioccoCSN
49ers RG Chilo Rachel "has emerged as one of the league's better guards," says @ProFootballFocus Anyone surprised?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/01/24/the-profootballfocus-com-all-nfc-west-team/

In the past, Kwame was known to be good at run blocking, too. Funny how they left out his awesome pass blocking skills.

@ProFootbalFocus @MaioccoCSN Rachal was v good run blocker, but was slightly below avg as pass protector. Makes him look worse than he was

Even if you take that quote away, my statement still stands.

Or did you think I came to that conclusion based on one sentence of his work?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It's not like we have a replacement on the roster right now. Let's see how he does under Harbaugh, and then deal with the situation next offseason - but retain Wragge just in case.
Originally posted by GEEK:
It's not like we have a replacement on the roster right now. Let's see how he does under Harbaugh, and then deal with the situation next offseason - but retain Wragge just in case.

Are you serious? Adam Snyder >>>> Chilo Rachal at RG.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Harbaugh won't make Guyblow any better

he needs to be removed from the team
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
MaioccoCSN

Even if you take that quote away, my statement still stands.

Or did you think I came to that conclusion based on one sentence of his work?

i'm basing it on the hundreds and hundreds of maiocco articles i've read of him strongly criticizing players for their poor performance. if he gives a good rating of a player that the webzone is highly critical of...well then, now of course he's just a shill for the 49ers.

when the season ended he said there is no conceivable way he can see alex returning for another year. but apparently he was an alex smith fanboy all along. personally, i like kawakami and ratto more, but i just don't agree that his work has "fallen off badly". oh well.
Share 49ersWebzone