There are 185 users in the forums

Chilo Rachal "Beast Mode"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
no matter what any of us think he is ganna be blowing people up all year
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:

I hope you're right. Hopefully he'll be leading Gore to 1,500+ rushing.
  • NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
If I remember correctly, during last years draft they said if Rachal would have stayed in college another year he would have been a first round pick. But he came out early because of family medical issues.
Originally posted by NM49ERFAN:
If I remember correctly, during last years draft they said if Rachal would have stayed in college another year he would have been a first round pick. But he came out early because of family medical issues.

well if that is true i like him even more, hes got alot to prove and needs to earn that $$$$ to take care of his family
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I hope you're right. Hopefully he'll be leading Gore to 1,500+ rushing.

yea hopefully 1500 is a damn good season
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
He's been doing good in run blocking, but he has given up some sacks in the passing game.

Thats true but i havent seen him gett bullrushed or anything like that. most of his problems in pass blocking seemed to be technical stuff. hand placement etc. i think you can chalk that up to a second year player going to start his 7th game. im very excited about him. if Baas and Snyder can really step up our run game can actually be dominant and our pass blocking can be avg to above avg depending on Snyder.

He has been blowing people up in the running game, we are actually designing plays around him.

In the passing game he has certainly struggled. He is a little over aggressive in pass protection. He will engage his man really hard, but then lean on his man too much, so the defender just throws him in the direction he is leaning.

Rachal just needs to learn to punch and pull back, punch and pull back. He needs to use his power for a second and then pull off and get his balance back.

I think he'll be ok.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He's been doing good in run blocking, but he has given up some sacks in the passing game.

Thats true but i havent seen him gett bullrushed or anything like that. most of his problems in pass blocking seemed to be technical stuff. hand placement etc. i think you can chalk that up to a second year player going to start his 7th game. im very excited about him. if Baas and Snyder can really step up our run game can actually be dominant and our pass blocking can be avg to above avg depending on Snyder.

He has been blowing people up in the running game, we are actually designing plays around him.

In the passing game he has certainly struggled. He is a little over aggressive in pass protection. He will engage his man really hard, but then lean on his man too much, so the defender just throws him in the direction he is leaning.

Rachal just needs to learn to punch and pull back, punch and pull back. He needs to use his power for a second and then pull off and get his balance back.

I think he'll be ok.

I had no idea we were planning plays around him, that is huge.. give him time in the pass protecting just takes time.. he will improve every game
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He's playing very well for a guy going into his 2nd year, but I wouldn't say he's exceeding expectations. If he becomes a Larry Allen-like force in the running game, then he will be exceeding expectations. He was expected to do well in the running game when we drafted him so I'd say he's on par with expectations at the moment.

You're right, he won't exceed expectations unless he run blocks like a hofer.

I think he'll be ok.

I doubt hell ever be LA ( in his prime) good but ive seen some blocks these preseason where his guys where flyin when they got hit. I really believe this guy will be getting serious recogniton if/when Frank hits up the big numbers. Theyll be talkin Rachal all over ESPN. and hopefully Hietmann will get somewell deserved love.

I think he'll be ok.

I doubt hell ever be LA ( in his prime) good but ive seen some blocks these preseason where his guys where flyin when they got hit. I really believe this guy will be getting serious recogniton if/when Frank hits up the big numbers. Theyll be talkin Rachal all over ESPN. and hopefully Hietmann will get somewell deserved love.

Heitman will get credic because he is a beast as well

He's vastly overrated by the board at this point of his career. While he shows some really nice signs to be a solid player in the future, right now, he's far too inconsistent.

I think people are fixated on some of his devastating blocks. However, he's still a young kid and learning, and he is going to look silly at times (the Cowboys' game is not going into the time capsule).

In the end, Beast Mode is not as important as Consistent Mode. The Beast is only gravy.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks he can do great things on this year... Also I dont understand all this hype about Baas when Wragge stepped his game way up this preseason

Im sorry bro im gonna have to disagree. Wragge was absolutely terrible from what i was seeing. He let in tns of guys and ithink one or two of those sacks were directly attributed to him. even in the run game he barely could keep track of his man. I was actually thankin god when Baas came back.

That bieng said..Baas is still a liability. if we can get the LG and the RT spot fixed our line is good for a decade.

And about Hietman im with you. this preseason hes just been doing real good. barring a couple of plays here and there.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's vastly overrated by the board at this point of his career. While he shows some really nice signs to be a solid player in the future, right now, he's far too inconsistent.

I think people are fixated on some of his devastating blocks. However, he's still a young kid and learning, and he is going to look silly at times (the Cowboys' game is not going into the time capsule).

In the end, Beast Mode is not as important as Consistent Mode. The Beast is only gravy.

His run blocking seems pretty good for a rookie. I just see him improving from the first game of his to the end of last year. But youre right consstency is whats important. I think with such an emphasis on his strengths (i.e well run alot) hes gonna stand out alot more and gain recognition. ESPN would be blowin up his highlights cause im sure Franks runs are gonna involve the right side heavily.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

His run blocking seems pretty good for a rookie. I just see him improving from the first game of his to the end of last year. But youre right consstency is whats important. I think with such an emphasis on his strengths (i.e well run alot) hes gonna stand out alot more and gain recognition. ESPN would be blowin up his highlights cause im sure Franks runs are gonna involve the right side heavily.

the concistency will come with time.. but for now he is blowing people off the ball and getting the job done
GO CHILO!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone