There are 171 users in the forums

Chilo Rachal "Beast Mode"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Its funny , if you got back to Chilo's career. Pete Carroll begged chilo to stay at USC. He actually even hid him at guard. You can find an aritcle where he says he knew if he put Chilo at left tackle early that he would leave and be a top 10 pick. Unfortunately his mother was ill and he had to go anyway. Thats how much talent this kid has. its up to him how good he wants to be. There are some of the best coaches in the world that think he can be so special. Chilo always had it, he 's had a pretyy rough life and maybe just maybe he is starting to find what was always there. Good Chilo Rachal!! a Niner Fan rootinfor ya buddy!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not at all true! While I'm disappointed in Rachal, many OLinemen need time to develop and they use to give them three to five years. Now they come in without playing four years in college and you think they should just jump in and be mistake free linemen? He redshirted his freshman year, started out redshirting his sophmore and junior years but wound up playing as a backup, and then started and did well in his junior year. Left for the draft after that year due to illness in the family. So, one full year in college and he's ready for the NFL?

Compare that to Lupati who started three years. Admitedly, it was at Idaho but that was due to grades not ability. And he did have the great Dennis Erickson as a head coach his first year.

Are we still seriously spelling iupati (You Potty) the wrong way?
LOL @ last few pages of posts
Originally posted by KSchuerman:
Is it just me but just pre season alone, i must say Chilo seems to have really stepped up the intensity. Now say whatever you want to say about how much you hate the bust blah blah blah whatever but watch him even on the sidelines he is pumped and in peoples faces. In past years he has been a bit of a pushover and a for lack of better words "punk". Watching him so far this year he looks like he has something to prove to the WZ. IDK if he got ahold of some roids but he deff grew some balls. I like what I see in him so far this year. Still lost at times in pass protection but we'll see. Now that I've posted this he'll probably suck again but im thinking he might have finally matured.

Funny. Someone posted a similar message in 2009.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Are we still seriously spelling iupati (You Potty) the wrong way?

Old quotes never die! They just come back to haunt! Not to be picky, are you still not capitalizing his name? Is he another ee cummings?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 5, 2011 at 8:18 AM ]
Hope he comes out and plays better this season along with the rest of the offensive line
Originally posted by freetworhyme:
Originally posted by KSchuerman:
Is it just me but just pre season alone, i must say Chilo seems to have really stepped up the intensity. Now say whatever you want to say about how much you hate the bust blah blah blah whatever but watch him even on the sidelines he is pumped and in peoples faces. In past years he has been a bit of a pushover and a for lack of better words "punk". Watching him so far this year he looks like he has something to prove to the WZ. IDK if he got ahold of some roids but he deff grew some balls. I like what I see in him so far this year. Still lost at times in pass protection but we'll see. Now that I've posted this he'll probably suck again but im thinking he might have finally matured.

Funny. Someone posted a similar message in 2009.

He played better that year than last year, when he seemed to regress. If he can take a step forward this year he will be a real asset. If not, get ready Mr. Kilgore!
It's Chilo time
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It's Chilo time

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
It's Chilo time

Time to prove everyone wrong!!!!

Leggo!
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
It's Chilo time