There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The positive thinking Niner Thread

Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This thread is for all the positive thinkers in the zone. The niners will finish the season 10-6 and win the West. Remember how we played at the end of the season last year well that's how we're going to play every game this year. Pre-season don't mean s**t so those of you that are giving up on the season need to calm down!

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for coming in here and setting the rest of us straight.. Cause God knows, we've never heard a message such as the one your preaching to us today.. So thank you man!


where did he "come in here"....and try to "set the rest of us straight"...?

he started a thread....his thread, mind you.....for those who are not so negative to discuss what we think about the team.... who the hell told you or anyone else you had to post here...or even click the thread.....

this is for the 49er fans who believe in this team...especially this year.... if you don't, fine its ok.......but don't come in here dissing the OP because he did this thread....

START YOUR OWN and don't ruin a perfectly fine thread for the rest of us fans...

just because the rest you fans in this thread are miserable, doesn't mean you have to troll threads started by others with good intention....

you we all should scrap this Veterans label thing...because it seems anyone can be a Vet now...and the title doesn't have much meaning as I once thought it did.... we should have a extra sub forums for

people who believe in this team this year.

and another for

people who feel we will not make the playoffs and that we need to scrap everything.

just a couple extra sub forums......because there are folks in this thread who are trolling.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 7, 2009 at 16:45:56 ]
9ers will win the WEST!!!! GO 9ers GO FRANK GORE BABY!!
  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Positive thinking is one thing, UNREALISTIC thinking is another.

Some people have TUNNEL VISION while other have BLINDERS and refuse to see the obvious.

Some will perceive the 49er's as being a force in league, while others will think that they haven't improved enough to be that force.

The first FIVE games should determine just how good they are!

So say..we start out 1 and 4, and for the next week, I'm approaching the game with an, "I know we can win attitude"; Am I wrong for thinking that?

What pisses me off is when other so called fans try to impose their way of thinking on others, calling you stupid, dumb or a homer for not having the same point of view as they do. Interesting enough, this thread was started for positive sake, and it's already been hijacked with bs.

As far as I'm concerned, I approach every game with an positive attitude, no matter how bad the season. Those who don't like it, know what they can do.


You're mistaken, my friend. No one calls anyone "stupid, dumb, and homer" because they have a positive attitude. You get called those names when you give a to the Niners and think everything is GREAT in SF. You get called those names when you dont see things objectively and consider the Niners to be a playoff team with the current roster. The people we call "stupid, dumb, and homer" are the same people that have labeled the Niners SB bound since 2002. And the worse we get, the more they cheer. And as long as they cheer, the message sent to Niner brass is that its a-ok to suck in Ninerland.

Im sorry, but Im not like Raider or Buffalo fans. Those teams and their fans are used to coming up short year in and year out. For a guy thats been watching football since the Montana years, Im used to winning. And I'll be damned to give anyone in the front office OR any of the fans a heads up for putting up with a GARBAGE team. Some of you guys can afford to hide your Niners gear and don the SF Giants and/or SJ Sharks gear. Others take this sport a lot more seriously.
There are Optimists, Pessimists and Realists.

Some people take optimism and Pessimism to extremes.

I am FULLY aware that the 49er's lack quality players in some areas, but I always think that given a little break, some good coaching along with the players capabilties, the 49er's can win MOST games!

But I'm also a realist in that if they don't do certain things, they have little shot of winning! i.e. pressure the opponents QB for one, protecting our QB is another.

With the addition of their new RT, they added some strenght to the Offensive line. That's always a positive!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Sep 7, 2009 at 16:58:53 ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This thread is for all the positive thinkers in the zone. The niners will finish the season 10-6 and win the West. Remember how we played at the end of the season last year well that's how we're going to play every game this year. Pre-season don't mean s**t so those of you that are giving up on the season need to calm down!

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for coming in here and setting the rest of us straight.. Cause God knows, we've never heard a message such as the one your preaching to us today.. So thank you man!


where did he "come in here"....and try to "set the rest of us straight"...?

he started a thread....his thread, mind you.....for those who are not so negative to discuss what we think about the team.... who the hell told you or anyone else you had to post here...or even click the thread.....

this is for the 49er fans who believe in this team...especially this year.... if you don't, fine its ok.......but don't come in here dissing the OP because he did this thread....

START YOUR OWN and don't ruin a perfectly fine thread for the rest of us fans...

just because the rest you fans in this thread are miserable, doesn't mean you have to troll threads started by others with good intention....

you we all should scrap this Veterans label thing...because it seems anyone can be a Vet now...and the title doesn't have much meaning as I once thought it did.... we should have a extra sub forums for

people who believe in this team this year.

and another for

people who feel we will not make the playoffs and that we need to scrap everything.

just a couple extra sub forums......because there are folks in this thread who are trolling.

Dude I've heard that message a thousand times on this board... Trying to remind us of how the team played down the stretch last year and telling us to calm down can clearly be seen by some, maybe not all such as yourself, as trying to set people straight...

And I didn't ruin anything.. Have you noticed all the picture responses? Are they any better or worse then the three sentences I wrote...

He has a right to post, and I have a right to respond.. Deal with it like the rest of us..
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This thread is for all the positive thinkers in the zone. The niners will finish the season 10-6 and win the West. Remember how we played at the end of the season last year well that's how we're going to play every game this year. Pre-season don't mean s**t so those of you that are giving up on the season need to calm down!

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for coming in here and setting the rest of us straight.. Cause God knows, we've never heard a message such as the one your preaching to us today.. So thank you man!


where did he "come in here"....and try to "set the rest of us straight"...?

he started a thread....his thread, mind you.....for those who are not so negative to discuss what we think about the team.... who the hell told you or anyone else you had to post here...or even click the thread.....

this is for the 49er fans who believe in this team...especially this year.... if you don't, fine its ok.......but don't come in here dissing the OP because he did this thread....

START YOUR OWN and don't ruin a perfectly fine thread for the rest of us fans...

just because the rest you fans in this thread are miserable, doesn't mean you have to troll threads started by others with good intention....

you we all should scrap this Veterans label thing...because it seems anyone can be a Vet now...and the title doesn't have much meaning as I once thought it did.... we should have a extra sub forums for

people who believe in this team this year.

and another for

people who feel we will not make the playoffs and that we need to scrap everything.

just a couple extra sub forums......because there are folks in this thread who are trolling.

Dude I've heard that message a thousand times on this board... Trying to remind us of how the team played down the stretch last year and telling us to calm down can clearly be seen by some, maybe not all such as yourself, as trying to set people straight...

And I didn't ruin anything.. Have you noticed all the picture responses? Are they any better or worse then the three sentences I wrote...

He has a right to post, and I have a right to respond.. Deal with it like the rest of us..

oh no, believe me I was not talking to just you....hence the end of my post.... but you called out the thread starter....as if he is trying to preach a religion or something.......but yes there are some who are worse than you in this thread, they just haven't responded yet.

all they do is just troll then leave.
Some people want to believe in their team.

Some people hold the conviction that positive thinking actually makes a positive difference for their team.

Those who call themselves "realists", who insist this team is trash, need to recognize that this team has NOT LOST A SINGLE GAME THIS SEASON!

Of course, I am not suggesting that they will have a 16-0 season, but how can you trash this team without first seeing them play in a regular season game?

I submit that the doomsayers continue to fail to recognize the substantial positive difference that HC Mike Singletary has made and will continue to make to this team.

Every member of the team is a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER. They all have talent. The HC's job is to maximize that talent. I believe Sing will do just that, and you will see otherwise average-above average players playing at the top of their game.

The San Francisco 49ers will win their division and have a winning record!

[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Sep 7, 2009 at 17:34:30 ]
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Some people want to believe in their team.

Some people hold the conviction that positive thinking actually makes a positive difference for their team.

Those who call themselves "realists", who insist this team is trash, need to recognize that this team has NOT LOST A SINGLE GAME THIS SEASON!

Of course, I am not suggesting that they will have a 16-0 season, but how can you trash this team without first seeing them play in a regular season game?

I submit that the doomsayers continue to fail to recognize the substantial positive difference that HC Mike Singletary has made and will continue to make to this team.

Every member of the team is a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER. They all have talent. The HC's job is to maximize that talent. I believe Sing will do just that, and you will see otherwise average-above average players playing at the top of their game.

The San Francisco 49ers will win their division and have a winning record!

You seem to confuse the term Realist to Pessimist. And when did I call the team trash? You seem to have this tunnel vision that anyone who says anything negative about the team as being a pessimist.

You call yourself a longtime49er fan ... try 1954!
I think we will be in just about every game despite our shortcomings. Hopefully we will be better than the other teams in the division. I think the pass rush will be better than last year, the pass blocking is shaky but needs time to gel. I expect 8-9 wins with any more being a bonus. It is hard for some of us folks that were around for the 80's-90's run of success to deal with the last few years. It makes you realize just how lucky we were to have 17 straight winning season. Football is a cyclical beast, you cannot win every year I realize, but it is about time to turn the page on the terrible 2k's.
We can be a good team, if we don't create a box around ourselves.

In other words, pass the ball all game long if the defense puts 9 in the box all day long.

On the flip side, run the ball all day long if the defense plays nickel all day long.

Don't just stick to one thing, because you think this is "what we are."

Ask any team in the league, and what is the first thing they say they have to do to defeat their opponent? "Stop the run" is what they all say.

Everybody wants to stop the run as priority #1. So, to go into a game with a mindset to "establish the run to set up the pass" is absolutely stupid.

Everybody wants to stop the run first, and manage the passing game second.

You MUST make the other team afraid of your pass, THEN you can run on them. Until you make them scared of your pass, you will never win with the running game.

If we don't understand this, and we simply go back to the Hostler mentality of 2 years ago, then we are toast.

We can be a GOOD team right NOW if only we can understand this simple NFL concept.

I hope we try and establish some kind of passing game against Arizona.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This thread is for all the positive thinkers in the zone. The niners will finish the season 10-6 and win the West. Remember how we played at the end of the season last year well that's how we're going to play every game this year. Pre-season don't mean s**t so those of you that are giving up on the season need to calm down!

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for coming in here and setting the rest of us straight.. Cause God knows, we've never heard a message such as the one your preaching to us today.. So thank you man!


where did he "come in here"....and try to "set the rest of us straight"...?

he started a thread....his thread, mind you.....for those who are not so negative to discuss what we think about the team.... who the hell told you or anyone else you had to post here...or even click the thread.....

this is for the 49er fans who believe in this team...especially this year.... if you don't, fine its ok.......but don't come in here dissing the OP because he did this thread....

START YOUR OWN and don't ruin a perfectly fine thread for the rest of us fans...

just because the rest you fans in this thread are miserable, doesn't mean you have to troll threads started by others with good intention....

you we all should scrap this Veterans label thing...because it seems anyone can be a Vet now...and the title doesn't have much meaning as I once thought it did.... we should have a extra sub forums for

people who believe in this team this year.

and another for

people who feel we will not make the playoffs and that we need to scrap everything.

just a couple extra sub forums......because there are folks in this thread who are trolling.

Everything that needed to be said and more.
I'm not making a prediction, all I know is this team will play hard and win games ...I dont see anyone b***h slapping us around this year
Oh optimism. I used to have plenty of that this time of year. And it wasn't just blind optimism. Then the Eddie D era ended and the York era began.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Positive thinking is one thing, UNREALISTIC thinking is another.

Some people have TUNNEL VISION while other have BLINDERS and refuse to see the obvious.

Some will perceive the 49er's as being a force in league, while others will think that they haven't improved enough to be that force.

The first FIVE games should determine just how good they are!

So say..we start out 1 and 4, and for the next week, I'm approaching the game with an, "I know we can win attitude"; Am I wrong for thinking that?

What pisses me off is when other so called fans try to impose their way of thinking on others, calling you stupid, dumb or a homer for not having the same point of view as they do. Interesting enough, this thread was started for positive sake, and it's already been hijacked with bs.

As far as I'm concerned, I approach every game with an positive attitude, no matter how bad the season. Those who don't like it, know what they can do.


You're mistaken, my friend. No one calls anyone "stupid, dumb, and homer" because they have a positive attitude. You get called those names when you give a to the Niners and think everything is GREAT in SF. You get called those names when you dont see things objectively and consider the Niners to be a playoff team with the current roster. The people we call "stupid, dumb, and homer" are the same people that have labeled the Niners SB bound since 2002. And the worse we get, the more they cheer. And as long as they cheer, the message sent to Niner brass is that its a-ok to suck in Ninerland.

Im sorry, but Im not like Raider or Buffalo fans. Those teams and their fans are used to coming up short year in and year out. For a guy thats been watching football since the Montana years, Im used to winning. And I'll be damned to give anyone in the front office OR any of the fans a heads up for putting up with a GARBAGE team. Some of you guys can afford to hide your Niners gear and don the SF Giants and/or SJ Sharks gear. Others take this sport a lot more seriously.

I hear your point of view, man and understand where you're coming from. I, like you miss the winning ways of the past, but regardless of how bad my team is, I will support them to the Fullest. Sure I get mad when we lose - just like anyone else. Yes I've understood for some time now, that our current QB's are not the answer and that we are in serious need of pass rushers. I know this. I count down the months, weeks and days, every year so I can feed my football jones. And there is no way I'm going to spoil that with negativity. No amount of b*tching and moaning will make, influence or persuade the front office to bend to our will. I understand this also. The comments I've heard in this thread, such as, "This season is done" disgusts me.

Yeah, some people call it being realistic, but that's a matter of perspective, or rather, a play on words that justify a way of thinking and nothing more. JMO
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
We need some optimism once in a while. All the bitterness, sadness, anger, and stupidity gets old, quickly.

You sound awfully bitter to be posting in this thread. Now try that again, with a smile.

...