There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Roster List (53 Man)

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
They are going to keep Briggs until Brooks is healthy and then he will likely go back to the PS and hopefully we have Sheets on the PS and bring him back to regular roster.

Watch the Bears scoop up Kory Sheets though

Exactly what I was thinking because they lost Jones.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maybe word hasn't got out about Sheets and we can sneak him on the PS.
Im suprised Ricky Jean and Curtis Taylor made it and im suprised Sheets and Pascoe did not. Someone is going to pickup Kory Sheets...The Bears are looking for a RB...
Originally posted by niners94:
Sucks to see Pascoe get cut.

Why? Nice story but when a team is improving late round draft picks shouldn't crack the 53 man roster.

Did he make a single memorable play in the pre-season? Slow, fairly-sure handed dudes are a dime a dozen out there.
Originally posted by teeohh:
so Briggs makes the team, good for him

He looked great last night, on a night when you couldn't say that about many others.

Surprised at Boone, Finley and Pascoe.

Shocked at seeing Sheets on that list.
also, looks like RJF and Curtis Taylor made the team

good for them

as well as LB Harris.. I liked his play all preseason...more so than Briggs.
Sheets should have made it.

Curtis Taylor should have been cut.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
cut , i cant belive kory sheets

T Jacob Bender

T Alex Boone

WR Dobson Collins

DE Pannel Egboh

TE Joe Jon Finley

CB Eric Green

G Kyle Howard

CB Terrail Lambert

FB Brit Miller

DT Khalif Mitchell

LB Jay Moore

TE Bear Pascoe

WR Maurice Price

FB Bill Rentmeester

LB Justin Roland

RB Kory Sheets

G/C Matt Spanos

T Joe Toledo

LB Mark Washington

WR Dominique Zeigler

IF this list is accurate, no big surprises here.

Minor surprise: Cutting BOTH Finley and Pascoe is a bit of a surprise.

Cutting Sheets is no surprise. Afterall, this is going to be a power running team that will impose its will on an opponent. Sheets isn't a power runner so he goes. We gotta be able to pound the rock, the rock, the rock... No surprise.

also, looks like RJF and Curtis Taylor made the team

good for them

Surprised for Taylor. No beat writer thought he had a chance.
By my count we have 52 on the roster . . . . hmm . . . .
so Briggs makes the team, good for him

He looks like good depth and could develop.

Sheets but how much time would he see with Gore and Coffee ahead of him. The few snaps he might see will probably be taken by Spurlock in a Taser formation.
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
we kept curtis taylor for whatttttttttttttttttttttt

Because he is a rare rare physical specimen at his position. Guys with size and speed like that are very hard to find. NFL coaches and GMs love size and speed.
Originally posted by susweel:
Sheets should have made it.

Curtis Taylor should have been cut.

+1
McGloughan is absolutely F'ing worthless... after last night, and these recent roster moves ... I honestly think we need to clean house of coaches and front office at season's end. It's the same thing with our qb, we as a franchise can't be content with mediocrity and joping that something comes out of nothing... we can't just be complacent... look at the Falcons... they lose what they thought was a franchise qb, have an incredibly dissapointing season and turn it all around in a matter of a year....

Singletary doesn't know the difference between an X and an O... that's why Martz was perfect for us... Jimmy Raye is the worst and most predictable OC we've had (even more so I think than Hostler), and Manusky's prevent defense is laughable...

How do we cut Kory Sheets who by all counts did just as well as Coffee? We have no homerun threat at runningback... and what does Curtis Taylor bring? NOTHING... he is raw and worthless in the meantime...

the only one positive to take from it is that we kept Jason Hill

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Sep 5, 2009 at 14:31:55 ]
Curtis Taylor got better and better each game and I can see him competing for a starting spot next year.

Im suprised we only have two tight ends right now...

I really hope we get Sheets onto the PS man, I think this kid will be a very solid player in the NFL. I thought in 2011 Coffee and Sheets would be our 1-2 punch