There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Hill speaks after the game....weird situation.

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well the dude knows he is going to get fired tomorrow anyway, so why not vent?
but why is he getting fired... He has been healthy. I don't think he dropped a ball in any of our preseason games. He played well for us last year..... its almost like they are trying to make an example out of him..... but what is the lesson here....it doesn't matter how well you play?

yea i tell you man i am starting to like singletary less and less. like it doesnt matter that j. hill is a playmaker and a legit reciever, dumbass raye wants spurlock so he can run the taser aka the tripple option. that spread offense s**t doesnt work in the nfl. shanahan is looking better.

the taser is the wildcat, and it seemed to work for the dolphins last year. and you are liking singletary less and less for a decision that hasnt even been made? calm down.

it worked for the dolphins in a few games.... plus they threw out of it. All we do is WR hands to Gore up the middle. It's just not that effective IMO... for cripes sakes I wouldn't even cover Shaun Hill (at WR) if I was the defense. Honestly.... he isn't fast enough to get more than a few yards.
There is a possibility that Hill is not on the bubble. Maybe spurlock, price and Z were getting more reps to further evaluate who out of those three could help. They might not have the need to see hill much this preseason.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
How sad is it that we all see Hill as a potential starter while the coaches see him as camp fodder? It shows how pathetic this once proud franchise has become...What a shame.
Originally posted by fister30:
There is a possibility that Hill is not on the bubble. Maybe spurlock, price and Z were getting more reps to further evaluate who out of those three could help. They might not have the need to see hill much this preseason.

I wish the team would let him know that....because it seems like he really believes it might be over for him playing for his hometown team.

I don't think he would be making comments like these if that were the case....its almost like he is about to get cut and he just wants the fans to know how he feels....he has been a quiet type of guy since we drafted him (media wise)....just making plays here and there.

I think he might have gotten on Jimmy Rayes bad side......I just hope Singletary steps in puts a halt to this B.S. after watching some game tape on the kid.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by Method:
What a bunch of bulls**t. If he gets cut this will have to be the worst off season in a long motherf**king time.

1st round pick isn't going to sign.

No 2nd round pick.

Jason Hill gets cut.

Absolutely no meaningful additions to the roster offensively or defensively.

Wow what a joke. We f**king suck.

Dre Bly? Glenn Coffee? Kory Sheets? Nate Davis? Scott McKillop?

Dre Bly only got signed because Walt got injured.

Glenn Coffee may be a good backup in the NFL, but realistically our run game is not going to do much when Shaun Hill is the QB (defenses can literally have 10 in the box and Hill would not be able to pass farther then 7 yards).

Nate Davis is a maybe as well, but I think the kid should sit on the bench for the rest of the year or at least till the latter part of it to start playing.

Scott McKillop? Really dude? I mean, I've been impressed but the guy isn't going to start on the team which is what I was trying to say.

And you point here is? McKillop wasn't going to start this year, but it seems to me he is a tackling machine that more often than not is in position. Of course Bly wouldn't have been signed if Harris was healthy.

I do agree with you on Shaun Hill and our anemic pass offense.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Jason Hill can make this team and so can Spurlock, if Singletary does one thing:

Cut Rossum. Give all the return duties to Spurlock. Yes, it is seven receivers, but Hill and Spurlock provide valuable special teams.

I just think it's bad idea to get rid of a young player like Hill when both Bruce and Battle are playing in the last year of their contract, Crabtree still unsigned, Brandon Jones injured and Rossum is at age 34.

I like your thinking! Cosigning this. Whos with us? Cut Rossum, and keep Spurlock and Hill!
He failed to properly kiss Sullivan's ass.
We have to think of next year also, we wont have Bruce and prob Battle so we can go to next year season with

Crabs
Morg
Cap. Spurlock
Hill
Jones
Ziegler

so i think he stays this year, i think they didnt gave him enough reps because they allready know what he can do, i hope so a least...
Hill needs to stay. Bruce is close to dyin... er... retiring, Crabs is unsigned and Battle is injury-prone.
I agree with Hill.

How does he get bumped for Spurlock? Versitle is code word for you're not good enough at any one thing to lock down that position. We need play makers, not just players.
I too have no idea why Hill doesn't see more playing time. Anytime he's on the field, he does his job.
it would be very stupid of us to let him go, especially since crabtree isn't signed, so i think hill's job is safe for now

however, what happens when crabtree signs? a player will need to get cut and it will likely be between spurlock and hill. that's kind of why i wanted bruce to retire, i wanted to develop our youth
The kid wants to be here and he wants to play, I respect that and I would imagine Sing does as well.
Originally posted by teeohh:
it would be very stupid of us to let him go, especially since crabtree isn't signed, so i think hill's job is safe for now

however, what happens when crabtree signs? a player will need to get cut and it will likely be between spurlock and hill. that's kind of why i wanted bruce to retire, i wanted to develop our youth

quoting myself here, but i may want to keep hill over battle

Morgan
Jones
Hill
Bruce
Spurlock
Crabtree
Battle

it's a tough decision to make when/if crabtree signs

do we really need to run this stupid taser? going by how much we have used spurlock i guess he has a spot but i rather keep Jason Hill
Personally, I thought he'd be higher on the depth cart too. I don't think he'll get cut because of the injuries at WR. I hope he gets his chance this season.