There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Hill speaks after the game....weird situation.

Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by NickV:
I don't blame him. Why in the hell would you put Spurlock over him? Because of the whack ass wildcat? Bulls**t.

He came through for us last year and just like S.Hill. He should have earned more reps this pre-season and force Spurlock beat him out.

as far as we know spurlock mite have just done that.
who knows.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
I don't blame him. Why in the hell would you put Spurlock over him? Because of the whack ass wildcat? Bulls**t.

He came through for us last year and just like S.Hill. He should have earned more reps this pre-season and force Spurlock beat him out.

as far as we know spurlock mite have just done that.
who knows.
Yeah true that
He won't be cut when we have the Crabtree situation right now.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I believe that Sullivan has always like Battle. But Jason Hill losing time to Spurlock all preseason has puzzled me.

If Mike Singleterry recalls the second half of last season he will see that Jason Hill had alot to do with his strong finish, thus enabling him to become the head coach.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
I like Hill. Very smooth player, to the point that he looks almost lazy making his routes and catches. Could this be his problem, that they see no fire/spunk in him? I'd rather not have that if he produces just as well.

Hopefully his sideline catch and later TD last night will help him stay a Niner.

Unnamed coach watching film, discussing Hill: "But he fell down in the endzone with only an arm tackle ..."

Unnamed fans: "But he got in the endzone and caught the f**king ball!"
Jason Hill can make this team and so can Spurlock, if Singletary does one thing:

Cut Rossum. Give all the return duties to Spurlock. Yes, it is seven receivers, but Hill and Spurlock provide valuable special teams.

I just think it's bad idea to get rid of a young player like Hill when both Bruce and Battle are playing in the last year of their contract, Crabtree still unsigned, Brandon Jones injured and Rossum is at age 34.
I really hope that this latest outburst in the media doesn't cause the team to cut him. I agree that he'll probably be one of the 6 WRs the team keeps because Crabtree hasn't signed. But going to the media to vent your frustrations won't help the situation.
I would be surprised if Hill is cut. What exactly has brandon Jones done other than get hurt and play well in seven on seven passing drills?

Hill should have got hurt in OTA's to ensure himself a roster spot.

right on NickV, as of now for me it would go Hill, Spurlock and Ziegler. Spurlock only ranks above him because of return abilities. Ziegler looked uncomfortable doing them...
Just a thought, maybe they want to cut Hill because they are tired of confusing the QB Hill for the WR Hill?

Either/or, I am not a coach and I haven't been privy to everything they have witnessed, so I will let them make the informed decisions.
I really like what I am seeing here. You would think that if one person notices that a guy is good, but no one else notices...that he may not be that good. But, when a whole state, and a whole fan base know that one guy is better than another...It has to be obvious who we should keep. There is no way we are keeping spurlock and zeigler. No way, they are not playmakers against top tier NFL talent. Hill showed what he can do, and he has the ability to get first downs and make tough catches. Spurlock just gets lucky because the defense doesnt think it needs to cover him. Hill probably would have had 3 catches for 60 yds and a td if the pass interference play didn't happen.....(Again, I wasnt able to actually watch the game...just watching updates on game center)

Please, singletary. Dont let hill go. we will surely regret it.
Another thing that confuses me about this situation is that the 49ers drafted Hill in the 3rd round. So all things being equal, the team (and especially the GM) would normally choose him over a camp pickup just so it doesn't seem like another draft mistake (not saying that's a good strategy, but I do believe some GMs think this way).

I almost feel like there has to be something else going on here, something behind the scenes with Hill and Sullivan maybe? Don't know; just speculating.

Part of me wants the team to keep Jason Hill regardless. But, the team HAS to take the guy they consider to be better on Sundays. We're not good enough to not do that. Hopefully that guy is Hill.
I think Hill is right. Maybe he's not going about it the right way by complaining through the media, but I agree with what he's saying. If he gets cut that will just be stupid with the WR's we currently have and someone will pick him up.
I almost feel like there has to be something else going on here, something behind the scenes with Hill and Sullivan maybe? Don't know; just speculating.

Sullivan... I'd rather keep Hill
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well the dude knows he is going to get fired tomorrow anyway, so why not vent?
but why is he getting fired... He has been healthy. I don't think he dropped a ball in any of our preseason games. He played well for us last year..... its almost like they are trying to make an example out of him..... but what is the lesson here....it doesn't matter how well you play?

yea i tell you man i am starting to like singletary less and less. like it doesnt matter that j. hill is a playmaker and a legit reciever, dumbass raye wants spurlock so he can run the taser aka the tripple option. that spread offense s**t doesnt work in the nfl. shanahan is looking better.

the taser is the wildcat, and it seemed to work for the dolphins last year. and you are liking singletary less and less for a decision that hasnt even been made? calm down.