LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

The only time I've ever rooted against the 49ers.......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zillabeast:

I loved Montana; but I rooted for the Niners that day.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Montana was my hero. I wanted him to show the 49ers he wasn't finished. I feel no guilt over it. It's not like it was a playoff game. I believe that game was in week 2.

This was back in the cowboys vs niners days. Every lost counted. Homefield advantage meant everything.

Wow. We sure had it good.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
So if Patrick Willis one day got signed by another team, and he played the 49ers, you'd be rooting against the 49ers? epic fail.

Haha, Patrick Willis is not, and will never be a Joe Montana.
So if Patrick Willis one day got signed by another team, and he played the 49ers, you'd be rooting against the 49ers? epic fail.

Are you seriously comparing Patrick Willis to Joe Montana? Epic fail indeed.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Haha, Patrick Willis is not, and will never be a Joe Montana.

I can understand your point by watching bulls fans cheer for Jordan when they played Washington. But my love for the niners goes ways deeper than any player.
I rooted for Montana, but still rooted for the Niners to win!
I rooted for Montana to always win ------ except when he was gonna play the 49ERS.
The one and only time I ever have and ever will root against the Niners was when we were playing Houston in the Reggie Bush bowl!! It was at the end of the year and I really wanted to lose so we could get him!!! but of course they got Mario anyways
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by niners94:
No player is bigger than the Niners.

Not even GOAT.

I wish I would have rooted for him in the regular season to get more TDs, and in the playoffs and the Super Bowl to get more rings, because he's my favorite player and the reason why I watch football and he deserves that respect ... but I couldn't root for the Raiders or Seahawks. I couldn't even watch.

Even when he still made plays (the bobbled one hander TD against the Jets, the Monday Night game in Dallas) I only heard about his awesomeness secondhand, and would weep that it was not with the 49ers.

I hope to make up for it at the HOF ceremony, by chanting GOAT (even before he's up) until they kick me out.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by got_five:
The one and only time I ever have and ever will root against the Niners was when we were playing Houston in the Reggie Bush bowl!! It was at the end of the year and I really wanted to lose so we could get him!!! but of course they got Mario anyways

lol, I actually moaned every time I saw the niners scored! But in hindsight, Bush was not worth a loss.

since 1982 i have not missed one 49ers game not even preseason. I move to washinton but didn't become a seahawks fan. I am now in tampa and not a buck. I still have yet to miss a game, but that game I did root for Joe and I don't feel bad. He gave me the best memories of my team in the time he spent in san fran and don't forget he took the cheifs to the post season and if he didn't get hurt it would have been him beating us in that super bowl. I just never liked the way we didn't let him have his final season.
The only time I came close to rooting against the 9ers was the last game of the season a few years ago (The year before we drafted VD). We played the Texans in the last game of the year to determine who got the #1 pick.

By winning that game, we fell from #1 pick, to #6/7 pick (ended up winning coin toss with raiders)
I wasn't rooting for the 49ers to lose that game, but lets just say it didn't bother me that they did (unlike the Eagles game that season, that pissed me off).

I have this game on DVD (downloaded it from tenyardtorrents), its the only game I downloaded that the 49ers didn't win.

HAHAHAHA
Comparing Patrick Willis to Joe Montana........talk about epic fail.
Originally posted by westcoastchamps:
since 1982 i have not missed one 49ers game not even preseason. I move to washinton but didn't become a seahawks fan. I am now in tampa and not a buck. I still have yet to miss a game, but that game I did root for Joe and I don't feel bad. He gave me the best memories of my team in the time he spent in san fran and don't forget he took the cheifs to the post season and if he didn't get hurt it would have been him beating us in that super bowl. I just never liked the way we didn't let him have his final season.

My thoughts exactly, man. Bill Walsh was the genius, but he needed the tools to get it done, and we owe ALL of our success in the 80's to Joe.
Share 49ersWebzone