LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Practice Squad Prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Niners are down to 17 hours before they have to get to their 53 man roster. Here is how I see the eight man practice squad shaking out.

1) Alex Boone- Just not ready yet. Needs time to develop footwork.
2) Diyral Briggs- Looks good flying around the corner, and could be a guy to bring up if Manny, Parys, or Ahmad is injured.
3) Curtis Taylor- He likes to hit. Just no room for him on the roster, as the Niners are only going to carry 4 safeties.
4) Ricky Jean-Francois- Numbers game keeps him off the 53 man. Looked pretty good against the Chargers.
5) Dominique Zeigler- Passed by Spurlock killed his chances. Last shot for the Niners.
6) Bear Pascoe- I'll take a shot and say the team keeps Finley on the 53 man.
7) Terrail Lambert- Seems to have the best upside of the young CB's. Needs work.
8) Khalif Mitchell- Might be a guy to stash on the roster as a future roster filler at NT.

Lay down your big eight against the MadDog.

Cheers.

P.S. This will be a true test of the board's ability to spell correctly. Diyral, Terrail, Zeigler, Jean-Francois create nightmare spelling scenarios.

Who do you have backing up Snyder at Rt????

Sims is going to be the primary backup. He'll be a swing tackle for both sides.

Narrator: And with that statement, the masses went running for the nearest bridge.

sorry maddog but Sims is not that great we either will give Rt to Boone or pick up a vet

We could pick up a vet, but Boone is not going to make the 53 man. He's just not ready to play, and lineman have to be ready to play.
The Niners are down to 17 hours before they have to get to their 53 man roster. Here is how I see the eight man practice squad shaking out.

2) Diyral Briggs- Looks good flying around the corner, and could be a guy to bring up if Manny, Parys, or Ahmad is injured.
3) Curtis Taylor- He likes to hit. Just no room for him on the roster, as the Niners are only going to carry 4 safeties.
4) Ricky Jean-Francois- Numbers game keeps him off the 53 man. Looked pretty good against the Chargers.
5) Dominique Zeigler- Passed by Spurlock killed his chances. Last shot for the Niners.
7) Terrail Lambert- Seems to have the best upside of the young CB's. Needs work.
8) Khalif Mitchell- Might be a guy to stash on the roster as a future roster filler at NT.

Cheers.

P.S. This will be a true test of the board's ability to spell correctly. Diyral, Terrail, Zeigler, Jean-Francois create nightmare spelling scenarios.

I don't see what anyone sees in Mitchell. He is always moving backwards.

Cheers.

Who do you have backing up Snyder at Rt????

Sims is going to be the primary backup. He'll be a swing tackle for both sides.

Narrator: And with that statement, the masses went running for the nearest bridge.

sorry maddog but Sims is not that great we either will give Rt to Boone or pick up a vet

We could pick up a vet, but Boone is not going to make the 53 man. He's just not ready to play, and lineman have to be ready to play.

I really don't want Sims on the roster, he is horrible.
MLB Roland
RB Sheets
FB Miller
WR Zeigler
TE Pascoe
RT Boone
DT Mitchell
CB Lambert

[ Edited by 49erman5692 on Sep 5, 2009 at 19:00:40 ]
QB Huard
RB Sheets
FB Miller
WR Zeigler
TE Pascoe
RT Boone
DT Mitchell
CB Lambert

Huard is not eligible to be on the PS.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
QB Huard
RB Sheets
FB Miller
WR Zeigler
TE Pascoe
RT Boone
DT Mitchell
CB Lambert

Huard is not eligible to be on the PS.

anyone knows when the practice squad will be known? i'm a bit anxious to see if sheets, boone and zeigler will be claim or not by other team?
Originally posted by tatayoyo:
anyone knows when the practice squad will be known? i'm a bit anxious to see if sheets, boone and zeigler will be claim or not by other team?

supposedly we know by tomorrow.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

We should try and make a claim at the packers Brian Brohm for Practice Squad, see what we can do to the former potential first round pick!
- Mitchell (always need to have a DL and w/RJF making the roster, Mitchell's the most likely)

- Spanos (big, versatile former USC OL...plays OG and C)

- Finley/Pascoe (Finley outperformed Pascoe, but both have blocking issues)

- Brit Miller (tough kid who can also be a ST demon)

- Sheets (playmaker, but Singletary wants complete RB's)

- Boone (worth keeping...could still be a good NFL OT)

- Lambert (like DL, you always want a CB on the PS)

- Zeigler/Roland (I'd give Zeigler the edge...particularly w/Crabtree situation)

RB Kory Sheets
TE Bear Pascoe
OT Alex Boone
FB Britt Miller
WR Dominique Zeigler
CB Terrall Lambert
LB Justin Roland
NT Khalif Mitchell

That's my guess.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I think we'll hear something by the afternoon Sunday.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonJulio:
What kind of pompous person refers to themselves as "the"?

Oh wait...

Borderline inciting there... please play nice.

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

We should try and make a claim at the packers Brian Brohm for Practice Squad, see what we can do to the former potential first round pick!

You can't claim someone for the practice squad. You have to place him on the 53-man roster.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
What kind of pompous person refers to themselves as "the"?

Oh wait...

The Todd. HIGH FIVE
Share 49ersWebzone