There are 195 users in the forums

Practice Squad Prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niners are down to 17 hours before they have to get to their 53 man roster. Here is how I see the eight man practice squad shaking out.

1) Alex Boone- Just not ready yet. Needs time to develop footwork.
2) Diyral Briggs- Looks good flying around the corner, and could be a guy to bring up if Manny, Parys, or Ahmad is injured.
3) Curtis Taylor- He likes to hit. Just no room for him on the roster, as the Niners are only going to carry 4 safeties.
4) Ricky Jean-Francois- Numbers game keeps him off the 53 man. Looked pretty good against the Chargers.
5) Dominique Zeigler- Passed by Spurlock killed his chances. Last shot for the Niners.
6) Bear Pascoe- I'll take a shot and say the team keeps Finley on the 53 man.
7) Terrail Lambert- Seems to have the best upside of the young CB's. Needs work.
8) Khalif Mitchell- Might be a guy to stash on the roster as a future roster filler at NT.

Lay down your big eight against the MadDog.

Cheers.

P.S. This will be a true test of the board's ability to spell correctly. Diyral, Terrail, Zeigler, Jean-Francois create nightmare spelling scenarios.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 4, 2009 at 22:33:09 ]
is Dominique eligible this year?
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

yes.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

Yes. He has not been on the active roster enough games in the past to be disqualified.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Niners are down to 17 hours before they have to get to their 53 man roster. Here is how I see the eight man practice squad shaking out.

2) Diyral Briggs- Looks good flying around the corner, and could be a guy to bring up if Manny, Parys, or Ahmad is injured.
3) Curtis Taylor- He likes to hit. Just no room for him on the roster, as the Niners are only going to carry 4 safeties.
4) Ricky Jean-Francois- Numbers game keeps him off the 53 man. Looked pretty good against the Chargers.
5) Dominique Zeigler- Passed by Spurlock killed his chances. Last shot for the Niners.
7) Terrail Lambert- Seems to have the best upside of the young CB's. Needs work.
8) Khalif Mitchell- Might be a guy to stash on the roster as a future roster filler at NT.

Cheers.

P.S. This will be a true test of the board's ability to spell correctly. Diyral, Terrail, Zeigler, Jean-Francois create nightmare spelling scenarios.

Who do you have backing up Snyder at Rt????
  • 9erThrowBack
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Cheers.

I believe he has the in-Sims-erator...
Does anyone know when the last time 3 49er draft picks didn't make the active 53 man roster the same year they were drafted? Seems like it has been a long time. If MD is right, at least I can say we are heading in the right direction with collecting tallented players on this team. Now if we just figure out the pass rush, RT, QB for the long haul, a new stadium and learn to win week in and week out we should be all set! Aaaaaahhhhh now I can go to sleep!
What kind of pompous person refers to themselves as "the"?

Oh wait...

Cheers.

Sims is going to be the primary backup. He'll be a swing tackle for both sides.

Narrator: And with that statement, the masses went running for the nearest bridge.
Originally posted by DonJulio:

Oh wait...

The correct answer would be...the MadDog.

Cheers.

Originally posted by DonJulio:

Oh wait...

that one dude
Only if Nate Clements was practice squad eligible. That's where his sorry ass belongs. Heck, he even gets torched by practice squad receivers.

Cheers.

Narrator: And with that statement, the masses went running for the nearest bridge.

While jumping, I'll post my eight.

1. Diyral Briggs
2. Curtis Taylor
3. Ricky Jean-Francois
4. Brit Miller
5. Terrail Lambert
6. Kyle Howard
7. Khalif Mitchell
8. J.J. Finley
Here's my take:

1. Diyral Briggs
2. Curtis Taylor
3. Ricky Jean-Francois
4. Jacob Bender
5. Terrail Lambert
6. Alex Boone
7. Khalif Mitchell
8. J.J. Finley

RJF had a good night tonight, but he will not be in the rotation at least to start the season. If the Niners pick up another swing tackle instead of HWY 65 (Sims), then Bender goes away and Brit Miller takes his spot on the practice squad.

Cheers.

sorry maddog but Sims is not that great we either will give Rt to Boone or pick up a vet
Share 49ersWebzone