There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009 49ers X-Factor

Tough to get a straight answer on NT.

I'm going with Parys Haralson. Under the radar in the league, and if he can have a better-than-average year our defense will be better than average.

[ Edited by Xestenz on Sep 4, 2009 at 10:27:01 ]
  • smithtodavis06
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Jason Crabtree

if he ever signs


WTF!? Who's Jason Crabtree!?
On a serious note, the biggest X-factor is gonna have to be from either Shaun Hill or Alex Smith. One of these guys has to take the step up from mediocrity.

For the defensive side, it's gonna have to be from a NT. I know everyone is disgusted with our OLB rush, but I'm a firm believer in that we need to have a much better impact up the middle to provide our outside rushers a fair chance to do their jobs.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
On a serious note, the biggest X-factor is gonna have to be from either Shaun Hill or Alex Smith. One of these guys has to take the step up from mediocrity.

For the defensive side, it's gonna have to be from a NT. I know everyone is disgusted with our OLB rush, but I'm a firm believer in that we need to have a much better impact up the middle to provide our outside rushers a fair chance to do their jobs.

OLBs need to be able to get pressure regardless of what the nose tackle is doing. Our passrush isnt going to improve if our edge rushers are not winning there matchups.
Good ol Joe Cortez. I remember booing him once in a San Diego vs niners game in pregame practice and sure enough he lost that game for us. God I hated that guy
Originally posted by RichmondPete:


OLBs need to be able to get pressure regardless of what the nose tackle is doing. Our passrush isnt going to improve if our edge rushers are not winning there matchups.

I can appreciate that much, but from the looks of it, our OLBs are simply not good enough and need some help. We must be able to cause interior havoc in order to get our schemes to work.... meaning that we need more favorable circumstances than just OLBs vs OTs.
Mike Nolan
im gonna say..
offense: Vernon Davis- This has to be the year he puts up career best in Rays offense. If Davis can consistintely catch the ball, and be the play maker he was drafted to be, I see a pro bowl season with totals of 64 rec 755yds and 7tds
defense: Manny Lawson - We know what we got with Haralson. With that said, Manny was brought into be a pass rusher, well thats what we though. Nolan had the guy playing more of a coverage backer with his speed and his very good ball skills. Lawson has proved he can run with them, tackle, and cover. This HAS to be the year he develops as a pass rusher, or else we will be looking for one in next years draft. Lawson has to break out and post 75tk 8+ sk this season, which lets hope he does.

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Sep 4, 2009 at 11:19:52 ]
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
im gonna say..
offense: Vernon Davis- This has to be the year he puts up career best in Rays offense. If Davis can consistintely catch the ball, and be the play maker he was drafted to be, I see a pro bowl season with totals of 64 rec 755yds and 7tds
defense: Manny Lawson - We know what we got with Haralson. With that said, Manny was brought into be a pass rusher, well thats what we though. Nolan had the guy playing more of a coverage backer with his speed and his very good ball skills. Lawson has proved he can run with them, tackle, and cover. This HAS to be the year he develops as a pass rusher, or else we will be looking for one in next years draft. Lawson has to break out and post 75tk 8+ sk this season, which lets hope he does.

You might be right, but from what we've seen from the preseason I give Davis WAY more chance of having an impact this year than Lawson.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:




If joe nedney got hurt, and no other kickers were available which of these 2 f**ks would you signhttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/4503.jpg]

Who's the other guy?

Wade Richey

I don't remember if I got this right, but didn't we have a kicker even worse than these two? Named Owen Pochman?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:




If joe nedney got hurt, and no other kickers were available which of these 2 f**ks would you signhttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/4503.jpg]

Who's the other guy?



Wide Richey

Fixed
Originally posted by doodle:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:




If joe nedney got hurt, and no other kickers were available which of these 2 f**ks would you signhttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/4503.jpg]

Who's the other guy?

Wide Richey

I don't remember if I got this right, but didn't we have a kicker even worse than these two? Named Owen Poochman?


Fixed
Originally posted by doodle:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:




If joe nedney got hurt, and no other kickers were available which of these 2 f**ks would you signhttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/4503.jpg]

Who's the other guy?

Wade Richey

I don't remember if I got this right, but didn't we have a kicker even worse than these two? Named Owen Pochman?

Yes he was part of that horrible time when we couldn't find a decent kicker.
Conservatism= FG's. Nedney needs to dead on this year