LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
just a few more pages and then he'll sign!

---or not.
You know what, at this point, IF Craptree ever comes to his senses and signs... the 9ers should put him on the "practice squad".

Make him EARN his way up to our roster.

That will humble Mr. Craptree.
Originally posted by BigMar:
You know what, at this point, IF Craptree ever comes to his senses and signs... the 9ers should put him on the "practice squad".

here comes the hate MadDog wanted in

3, 2,....
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm beginning to wonder if the removal of DT Khalif Mitchell from the practice squad might signal that something is in the works to get Michael Crabtree in before the start of the season? Yeah, this might be a reach, but I have a feeling something gets done within the next 48-72 hours!

There might be something to that...its odd that they seem to be maintaining a 7 man practice squad when they can have 8.

The team also currently has 7 WRs....do any of them have PS Eligibility(SP)?

lol, no way man. Sure hell have to earn his spot but no way in hell he goes to the PS. IF he signs, it'll be after some negotiations. We need him as much as he needs us.

Players must pass through waiv . . . . nevermind
Let's say that the open spot on the PS is for someone currently on the roster who will be waived soon because Crabtree is about to sign his contract...

Who will it be?

I don't believe any of the WR's we are currently carrying have PS eligibility, so are we planning to take 7 wr's into the season?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Does anyone else think that MadDog is on Eugene Parker and Crabtree's payroll? I've not seen anyone else defend him on these message boards. Perhaps they're trying to cast Crabtree in a positive light and make the Niners front office look like the villains here. I've not seen anything other than pro-Crabtree/Parker propaganda spewing from MadDog this past month or two.

I am being paid handsomely.

In actuality, there are no villains here. It is a contract negotiation. People have assigned the parts for this drama, as if it was a play, and Crabtree and Parker have consistently been targeted as Satan and the Goat.

In recap: no villains, no evil people, no baby killers. Simply a contract negotiation. And, a fascinating one, at that.

How is this fascinating?

To me, its like watching a 7 year old playing poker with a pro, and go All-In on the first hand with a 7-2 off suit to steal a small blind.

Do you think the movie "Jackass" is fascinating? Its on the same level as the Crabtree holdout.

There is absolutely nothing intelligent or shrewd taking place from Crabtree's side of this. It is absolutely pathetic.

There is no time in draft history where there is a remotely close comparison to where Crabtree was drafted and what Crabtree wants. Not even remotely.

Randy Moss was a late round pick because of his character. Did he demand top 10 money because he was a top ten talent? Did he hold out? Would it have been fascinating if he did? No.
It would have been absolutely pathetic. Just like Crabtree's holdout.

The only thing fascinating about Crabtree's holdout, is the stupidity required to pursue such a thing.

I agree with the bolded statement.

Its fascinating in a Greek tragedy sort of way, seeing a guy with so much potential screw it up so completely.

The difference between a tragedy and a disaster is that a tragedy is usually caused by some weakness in the main character.

A disaster is something no one could avoid--like a tidal wave, or a train wreck.

Crabby could avoid all the risk he's incurring at present, and all the potential harm to his career that could be headed his way, simply by being reasonable.

All that adds up to high drama, IMHO.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm beginning to wonder if the removal of DT Khalif Mitchell from the practice squad might signal that something is in the works to get Michael Crabtree in before the start of the season? Yeah, this might be a reach, but I have a feeling something gets done within the next 48-72 hours!

i really hope youre right but i dont want to get my hopes up again and then get dissapointed.
crank dat crabtree

• rwise1
  • Info N/A
I have two thoughts of reason here. the first one is that although holding out is a part of the game, and even the coach of the 49ers held out when he started, it sends a message to young fans that it is all about the money. It sends a message to the team that its all about the money and less about the team. My thought is that he needs to prove himself and getting 20 million to do that is fair. Maybe the niners will meet him half way at 25 mil. If he doesn't accept, I would be in favor of trading him away if possible. We got rid of the non team players like Owens and some others. It is time to build a team where everyone is on the same page. There are players like Willis who are total team players and want to play first. The money will come Mr. Crabtree. There are people out there that can't make their mortgage. Please appreciate with 20 million and get your button the field with your team mates.

[ Edited by rwise1 on Sep 8, 2009 at 16:31:22 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

lol, no way man. Sure hell have to earn his spot but no way in hell he goes to the PS. IF he signs, it'll be after some negotiations. We need him as much as he needs us.

Hey... while he humbles himself on the practice squad, if another team makes a claim on him, the 9ers can simply move him up to their active roster and keep him.

Plus any team trying to make a claim on him has to digest his huge salary, so would they have the cap space?

Im just saying, why not turn the tables on Mr.Cashtree, make him EARN his spot since everyone else went thru training camp and pre-season games to do so.

Someone has to bring Mr. Cashtree back down to earth.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Hey... while he humbles himself on the practice squad, if another team makes a claim on him, the 9ers can simply move him up to their active roster and keep him.

Plus any team trying to make a claim on him has to digest his huge salary, so would they have the cap space?

Im just saying, why not turn the tables on Mr.Cashtree, make him EARN his spot since everyone else went thru training camp and pre-season games to do so.

Someone has to bring Mr. Cashtree back down to earth.

please stop
Share 49ersWebzone