Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by joefosho:
Pay the guy and this over with already.

We do not negotiate with terrorist ;p

Yeah, we're making a stand!

Here's a novel idea for McCloughan and company. How about making this a quality franchise so players won't be able to hold us up in the future like Crabtree is attempting to do now. Let's make this an exciting destination for players to go to. Crabtree has every right to do what he is doing. Is it any wonder that the two longest hold-outs belonged to the Bengals and us? It's the company we keep that puts us in the situation we are currently in. Crabtree should have been in four weeks ago catching passes in a Mike Shanahan offense.

Yeah because if Andre Smith was drafted by the Pats he wouldve magically been the first rookie to sign. this has nothing to do with the franchis and has everything to do with the players and the lack of a rookie cap. It doesnt matter who the coach is here he wouldnt be in camp and signed. Shanahan aint coming here and is a better OC then HC so get off his...

Go ahead and try to convince yourself that both who and what we are has nothing to do with this . I'm telling you that he wouldn't be doing the Patriots like this. That is a desirable place to go. Future riches could be had from a stay as a Patriot. What do we have to offer right now other than a slotted contract? I know, the chance to motivated by Sing! .

Listen, ugly dudes do not get the hot chick without having lots of cash. They have to pay a premium that others would not necessarily have to. Crabtree is like the hot chick. Does the diva reference ring a bell? He is making us pay a premium to be seen with us. It is what it is. The only way to combat this in the future is step our game up. If we become desirable to get with, then price isn't going to be so damn high the next time. We will be the ones playing, instead of the ones getting played.

Pay the dude and end the drama. It's our own damn fault for letting our standards drop so low in the first place.
You are making a similar point to the one I was making in the old thread: This team is about power-running, not a vibrant passing game. For the premier pass catcher coming out of college, that is not a very appealing scenario.

Now add in the fact the 49ers have a highly publicized question at the quarterback spot, and you have two very good reasons for Crabtree to be reluctant to play for this team...and neither of them is just about beating the slotting system.

I'm not saying the slotting money isn't an issue. I just believe the question is more complicated than just the money.

Here's a novel idea for McCloughan and company. How about making this a quality franchise so players won't be able to hold us up in the future like Crabtree is attempting to do now. Let's make this an exciting destination for players to go to. Crabtree has every right to do what he is doing. Is it any wonder that the two longest hold-outs belonged to the Bengals and us? It's the company we keep that puts us in the situation we are currently in. Crabtree should have been in four weeks ago catching passes in a Mike Shanahan offense.

Yeah because if Andre Smith was drafted by the Pats he wouldve magically been the first rookie to sign. this has nothing to do with the franchis and has everything to do with the players and the lack of a rookie cap. It doesnt matter who the coach is here he wouldnt be in camp and signed. Shanahan aint coming here and is a better OC then HC so get off his...

Go ahead and try to convince yourself that both who and what we are has nothing to do with this . I'm telling you that he wouldn't be doing the Patriots like this. That is a desirable place to go. Future riches could be had from a stay as a Patriot. What do we have to offer right now other than a slotted contract? I know, the chance to motivated by Sing! .

Listen, ugly dudes do not get the hot chick without having lots of cash. They have to pay a premium that others would not necessarily have to. Crabtree is like the hot chick. Does the diva reference ring a bell? He is making us pay a premium to be seen with us. It is what it is. The only way to combat this in the future is step our game up. If we become desirable to get with, then price isn't going to be so damn high the next time. We will be the ones playing, instead of the ones getting played.

Pay the dude and end the drama. It's our own damn fault for letting our standards drop so low in the first place.

i totally agree with your thinking that he doesn't do this to the premier teams in the league but i do disagree that it means we should pay him to get him in. we've gone the whole, lets overpay for talent route and its not working. we payed shutdown corner money for a guy who isnt a shutdown corner. we paid premier pass rusher money for a def. end that we converted to a lb because he can't get to the qb and because in the end he is a glorified more talented version of teddy bruschi. now we need to overpay for a primadonna reciever who has never even run one route in the nfl, one route in training camp, one route in ota's.

we aren't a premier team, we are far from it. too many people on this board are choking from koolaid syndrome. we are hardly any bit different from the team of last year except for a head coach hire i personally didnt like. even if he can be a difference maker, he is bringing in a very backwards oc hire and oc philosophy that will probably offset his positives. all of this, all of that said, it lends itself to supporting how diseased of an organization we have become. but at no point does caving into douchetree's demands solve our inherent failures. we are rotten from the inside out and until that gets fixed, we are always going to fall prey to the primadonnas holding us ransom. paying that ransom doesn't solve the problem, becomeing a team that doesn't have to pay that ransom because sound decisions are being made elsewhere does. cowboys year in and year out scream with such desperation to add any talent they can get their hands on, redskins too, and neither ultimately gets anywhere. you've got to get people making sound decisions in free agency and not overpaying for underperforming talent or signing a tackle as your projected starter who won't make it to week 1, people who don't miss more then they hit with the draft(balmer, lawson, smith, and except for gore and maybe coffee, everyone else in later rounds), people who don't hire oc's that lack any imagination what so ever....overpaying crabtree solves nothing, it just creates another headache to compound a poorly run franchise

Get over yourself and your whole wack act. If we took him with the fifth pick as opposed to the tenth he'd be playing tonight. It's about $$, not the Niners.

'Standards?

We have been trying to improve our standards, feebly at times, since Donahue left his mess. We finally get Jed York whose sole mission is to elevate those standards which now permeates through the organization including our beloved Coach Singletary.

You have tried to confuse and wow us with some righteous BS and now with all your straws pulled, you reach for another dramatic limb from which to hang that wonderful, neurotic head of yours. Man, it must be real nice living in the world of Singfan's mind. I mean seriously, we would have the best of everything, Shanny, Brady, Andre Johnson, Peterson, Belicheck as DC and Holmey as OC, and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and the Krafts would own the team.

Like another poster said, snap out of it! This real reach of yours by wallowing in the position that "Crabtree should get paid, no matter what" only magnifies how ludicrous you can be. Each statement, each rebuttal, each outlandish idea is met with "Oh no, not again". It is not just me man, you are getting it from everywhere.

Everyone here including those that question Coach Singletary, Raye, McC, and York, don't even come close to your elevated status. What Crabtree has done is to try to buck the "system". He failed after everyone else signed. His actions speak louder than his words. He deserves the scrutiny and wrath of the NFL, players, agents and of course the fans.

Congrats Singfan, you are the reason we all at times at NinerTalk.

Matt.Maiocco replied to comment from Matt.Maiocco | September 4, 2009 7:57 AM | Reply
Question: when would be the cut off day that Crabtree would mss a game check if he hasnt signed?

My response: After a little research, I've learned that Saturday is the latest a player can sign and not miss a game check. --Matt M.

Well, looks like Crapapple has 24 hours to sign or his first NFL game check goes bye bye!

Your move genius

[ Edited by domesik on Sep 4, 2009 at 09:07:19 ]
Originally posted by domesik:
Matt.Maiocco replied to comment from Matt.Maiocco | September 4, 2009 7:57 AM | Reply
Question: when would be the cut off day that Crabtree would mss a game check if he hasnt signed?

My response: After a little research, I've learned that Saturday is the latest a player can sign and not miss a game check. --Matt M.

Well, looks like Crapapple has 24 hours to sign or his first NFL game check goes bye bye!

Your move genius

This saturday?

Or the saturday before the arizona game?
  • Timon49er
  • Info N/A
Deion Sanders will be on Total Access to discuss the Cashtree's holdout. I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Give him 20 mil guaranteed and he'll sign?
Originally posted by Timon49er:
Deion Sanders will be on Total Access to discuss the Cashtree's holdout. I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Give him 20 mil guaranteed and he'll sign?

What time?

Originally posted by ads_2006:

Your move genius

This saturday?

Good question, MM doesn't say, that is a direct copy and paste. Not to get all "english teacher" but he didn't say "next Saturday" or "Saturday the 12th" so I think it's inferred that MM means tomorrow.

[ Edited by domesik on Sep 4, 2009 at 09:19:06 ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Your move genius

This saturday?

Good question, MM doesn't say, that is a direct copy and paste. Not to get all "english teacher" but he didn't say "next Saturday" or "Saturday the 12th" so I think it's inferred that MM means tomorrow.

Yeah, i was reading it to after you posted.. very confusing.

I would think its the saturday before the game, as crabs would get paid for week one as the niners still have to play a game.
  • Timon49er
  • Info N/A
I'm in California so it will be at 4pm.

sweet, gonna watch it

thanks man..

Cool. Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone