LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 443 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Crabgreeds an idiot...I hope Patrick Willis punches him in the nose...
He NEVER has been close to this much money (16 mill) in his life.... Hes just hurting himself if he reenters the draft next year because
1) He gets way less money
2) Itll take him a year longer to devolop
3) He might be a little rusty
4) Theres a 3.2 % chance he will be a raider next year..

Not to mention he looks like a diva right now...

How can you not wanna punch him in the face?

[ Edited by ImaMod on Sep 3, 2009 at 21:42:29 ]
  • tac22
  • Veteran
I find myself asking.......WWDD?

What would DeBartolo do?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
He NEVER has been close to this much money (16 mill) in his life.... Hes just hurting himself if he reenters the draft next year because

I'd like to. what a douchebag.

Crabtree in a couple of years
Originally posted by tac22:

What would DeBartolo do?

1) He would offer him a private unwritten deal ala Brent Jones if he does well. He would only ask once, take it or leave it.
2) If he offends Mr. D, then Guido holds Crabtrees hands over a meatgrinder and that's it for future negotiations.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This consolidating of topics is killing the webzone...
for me, i dont know, i've always gotten the feeling that this holdout had a different vibe to it, a bad vibe. are we just being tremendously invested niner fans and not seeing the reality of this being like any other long holdout situation where eventually the player breaks and all us complainers have egg on our face for thinking he will never sign for us, or.....does this holdout legitimately have some different dynamics not really seen before in holdout situations which would raise legitimate causes for concern as to whether this guys will in fact hold firm and re-enter next year?

my bottom line is niners should not pay him anything equal or over the guy in front but if need be in the course of negotiation, go to the edge of the offer ahead of him. i havent seen anything from the niners that would indicated a unwillingness to do that. but that said, this guy sure as heck seems entrenched in his unwielding desire to be paid more then that, much more...if the niners hold true to a deal commiserate with what any other team would do as well, and yet not only has the boy still not signed but is scoffing at the offer, doesnt this holdout have a vibe or feel to it that doesnt see it ending in a positive manner for us?

for the people that think he will sign, i guess i am just hoping for some examples of other holdouts ending positively where there was a descrepancy of offers as there is with our scenario. i just for the life of me dont remember that other guy that was like crabtree where he held out till he absolutely destroyed the established slotting structure that had been in place for years before yet this late in the game still crumbled...

michael crabtree to sign as a niner, has to crumble, on his hands and knees and accept that his stance was stupid, his demands were stupid, his everything was stupid by accepting an offer millions upon millions below what he was demanding by holding out...no matter how you play it, he signs a niner contract, it will come off as a huge fold job on his part...i just dont get how all these dynamics come into unison for a positive resolution now...it just seems like he's gone too far with his demands to ever save face now and he sure as heck seems like a guy concerned with saving face.
you know what, a few weeks ago i was completely on the 49ers side. but at this point i want crabtree signed.

i'm not saying i disagree with the 49ers, i completely agree with them that they shouldn't have to overpay but jesus christ we can't let crabtree slip through our hands. he might be a bust or he might be a probowl receiver. i don't want to wonder what could-have-been 5 years from now.

just get the f**king deal done
Originally posted by oregondave:

LOL
Crabtree could kick your asses so easily.

I can't believe it's come to this, talking about punching Crabtree and saying he isn't that good ... it's just business.
He's being greedy and the front office is being stingy. They will meet in the middle.
Originally posted by jcs:
This consolidating of topics is killing the webzone...

yeah it sucks ass.

Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by oregondave:

LOL
Crabtree could kick your asses so easily.

I can't believe it's come to this, talking about punching Crabtree and saying he isn't that good ... it's just business.
He's being greedy and the front office is being stingy. They will meet in the middle.

im sorry but at what point is the niner brass being stingy in this? they so severely overpiad for a guy thats not even a shutdown corner. they overpaid for a guy thats a great teddi bruschi type db/lb but not the pass rusher they needed for that money. they made what rumors have said mr. eugene parker, agent for crabtree, even said was a fair offer...stingy? we are not a stingy organization, maybe we were a few years back. but we are not a stingy group now...heck, we overpaid to keep a bust of a draft pick in alex smith around for a few more years

this is no, lets meet int he middle situation, we are about as close to that middle line as you can expect somebody to be at...crabtree is the one obsessed by greed and his stupid primadonna ways to totally blow everything out of the water with his demands
  • tac22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:

What would DeBartolo do?

1) He would offer him a private unwritten deal ala Brent Jones if he does well. He would only ask once, take it or leave it.
2) If he offends Mr. D, then Guido holds Crabtrees hands over a meatgrinder and that's it for future negotiations.

Exactly what I was thinking
Why should the 49ers offer him more money? At this point his holdout has lasted so long that he is likely to have minimal impact on the 2009 season. The 49ers are better served to call his bluff even if it means watching as Cashtree sits out the season and enters the draft again next year. If that idiot wants to sit out the year (because he wants more money) I will laugh when he gets drafted late first rd if not the 2nd rd next season and ends up with LESS money then what the 49ers are offering NOW.

I still think Crabtree will sign his contract after the final preseason game. If he doesn't then F### him!

[ Edited by nflguy49 on Sep 3, 2009 at 22:06:02 ]
There could be a couple of reasons aside from money that have him holding out. His foot may still be bothering him....could he be hiding that injury? Seemed kinda strange to have a stress fracture to begin with....or has he decided that he doesn't want to play for the 49ers.....if it was the latter...it would be a great negotiation ploy to present, may force the leverage on his side...or force a sign and trade after March 1st.......but if he is really still hurt...then total silence would be the case until he could withstand a team physical exam after signing
Originally posted by mitpdub:

What would DeBartolo do?

Exactly what I was thinking

ahhh the good ol days...

my brother swore to me that when he left, we would never, ever be good again...after seeing teams like the packers and cowboys rebuild multiple times in that span of time, he could be right...i cant believe that packers may be back again, with rodgers and mcarthy of all people...salt in the would adequately applied....
Share 49ersWebzone