LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by doodle:
Oh, this hasn't been posted here yet? Well, for those that don't constantly refresh the home section of 49erswebzone like I do:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/crabtree-is-getting-nervous/

To be taken with a grain of salt like always with PFT, reports of anxiety from Crabtree.

Thats so like 5 pages ago.
Originally posted by susweel:
Oh, this hasn't been posted here yet? Well, for those that don't constantly refresh the home section of 49erswebzone like I do:

To be taken with a grain of salt like always with PFT, reports of anxiety from Crabtree.

Thats so like 5 pages ago.

lolz...im drunk
I was just thinking he may be going to Texas for his birthday to celebrate with his family & friends, while Parker & the 49ers negotiate.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
If Crabtree indeed leave the bay area, this could be his camps reaction to the 49ers discussions about reducing their contract offer. The threat to sit out the season is a bluff by Crabtree, but in the end the threat is empty. Crabtree has a lot more to lose by sitting the out the season. I still don't think he's dumb enough to do it.
what would you do if it was your birthday and you just signed a multi-million dollar NFL contract.

Id go fly back to my homestate, in this case Texas to pick up some buddies of mine and we would all fly to vegas to celebrate

I like how Crabtree is not allowed to leave the area, he is on lockdown

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 14, 2009 at 15:41:51 ]

atleast something is happening...wanted him as a player but i dont want to have this uncertainty lingering all season. with him leaving, obviously a strong indication a deal is not gonna be signed on our terms, looks like he's made his commitment to not be a niner
  • dj43
MC may not like playing in this offense but he will not sit out and re-enter the draft. If he doesn't sign here:

1. The 49ers will find a trading partner that MC may find even less desirable than SF. When Kelly Stouffer sat out he brought a first plus an additional pick. SF will get a first plus another pick, likely a fourth or better.

2. MC will miss out of a lot of money for this year. He will be hard pressed to make up all the money he is missing, plus the effect on his endorsements.

3. MC will not be a top 10 pick next year. Hence he will be stuck with an even lower deal.

Everybody needs to relax. He went home to celebrate his birthday with his family. Is that so bad? The same plane that took him can bring him back.

OK. Now we are done.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
adam sheftler just reported that crabtree left the bay area today, he thinks its showing that negotiations are going bad.

Just watched that & it really sucks!

Do these guys really know why he left? I mean, it is his birthday and he probably wants to go celebrate it somewhere, maybe with his family.

Quit using logic. This is a thread for accusations and speculation!

Yah, we do not use logic in niner talk. duh

You're right! What the hell was I thinking?!

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I really have to question his intelligence right now.

He's the one who entered the draft knowing full well that he would probably not be able to run a 40 and was coming off injury.

Does he really think he can go higher than the top 10 pick with a year out of football and a group of elite WR's likely coming out in next years draft?

I thought we finally had a #1 receiver, now I'm just sad.

The curse of TO lives on.

Man this sucks...........we're the only team in the leauge not able to sign our first rounder since 1978. Scotty and Parage are a f**ken joke........this really sucks man. It's enough blame to go around on both sides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

um... no I fully back the organization on this one.

Your crazy if you think drafting Crabtree was a bad decision. Not only was crabtree the best available player but he was also a position of need. Drafting Crabtree was a no-brainer.

The 49ers gave him a fair offer and Crabtree was too selfish to accept. If thats the way he wants to be then i dont want him on the team anyways. Scotty and Parage did the right thing
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I really have to question his intelligence right now.

He's the one who entered the draft knowing full well that he would probably not be able to run a 40 and was coming off injury.

Does he really think he can go higher than the top 10 pick with a year out of football and a group of elite WR's likely coming out in next years draft?

I thought we finally had a #1 receiver, now I'm just sad.

The curse of TO lives on.

Man this sucks...........we're the only team in the leauge not able to sign our first rounder since 1978. Scotty and Parage are a f**ken joke........this really sucks man. It's enough blame to go around on both sides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jed you f**ken liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To throw in my own $0.02, I've been reading various comments from fans of teams around the league applauding the Niners for not giving in, and they are right.

We are not the Raiders, we will not overpay a ridiculous amount, nor will we set the standard for years and years of overpaying to come. If Crabtree gets what he wants, obviously future deals, both rookie and veteran, will be affected for the worse. You might want to see this guy really badly, but it should never be at the expense of the organization's future.

i saw him at the airport boarding a southwest flight to Texas. He was trying to convince the stewardess to let him board first even though he had a C ticket.

bananas.
Share 49ersWebzone