LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm still positive the 49ers and Michael Crabtree will get a deal done soon! I think its going to happen, its only a matter of time.

Why?

why does he need to explain his feeling?

he doesnt need to provide a source or a link for a gut feeling he has

you are taking this Crabtree thread too seriously

Why?
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The insinuation that Crabtree was cheering for the Cardinals is just another pathetic attempt at a character assassination.

It is simply not fair, and not right, even if you think he is wrong on the contract negotiation.

An important fallacy when dealing with people is to view a person's actions as the product of a person's personality (e.g. Crabtree's hold out is due to he's greedy) rather than the particular situational factors (e.g. Crabtree is holding out because he has 8 brothers and sisters to support). Nobody knows Crabtree's current situation.

I argue that regardless of his situation, Crabtree needs to sign this deal ASAP because his other options (i.e. sit out the season) will end up with less $.
Just food for thought...

What would push Crabtree's holdout to end quicker?
1. 49ers winning without him
2. Cowboys WR putting up big numbers

I read the article earlier about him getting anxious. Of course it from "sources", but I do wonder if both these issues crossed his mind.
  • dman
  • Veteran
I'm still positive the 49ers and Michael Crabtree will get a deal done soon! I think its going to happen, its only a matter of time.

Why?

its hard to believe but your posts are getting worse each time
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Why?

Because he's a homer.

Just like you are a Yankees homer?

Stop with your random bulls**t.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/silver-niners-are-dropping-their-offer-to-crabtree/

Why?

Because he's a homer.

lol
Originally posted by bdiddy1724:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/silver-niners-are-dropping-their-offer-to-crabtree/

Says Silver: "I'd like to wish Michael Crabtree a happy birthday -- the 49ers' first-round draft pick turned 22 Monday -- and I hope he gets a call from his mother, a yummy cake, lots of awesome presents . . . and, most important, a clue."
I honestly believe Crabtree does not want to play for the 49ers in do part because of our Qb situaton.....I think he believes that our Qbs will make him look just average thus making it impossible for him to get a bigger contract in the future...i think this is why he is trying to get paid now rather than wait a few years for that extension.
49ers taking money off the table acording to Mike Silver:

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports, whose Monday Rush column is every bit as entertaining as -- but night-and-day different from -- Peter King's MMQB, drops an intriguing nugget in a Week One diatribe directed at unsigned 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree.

Says Silver: "I'd like to wish Michael Crabtree a happy birthday -- the 49ers' first-round draft pick turned 22 Monday -- and I hope he gets a call from his mother, a yummy cake, lots of awesome presents . . . and, most important, a clue."

Silver also confirms something to which Jay Glazer of FOX alluded on Sunday. With each game Crabtree misses, money is coming off the table.

It makes sense. If the guy ultimately will be signing a five-year contract with guaranteed money and a total value premised on 80 regular-season games, the guaranteed money and the total value should drop with each game that is forever lost.

So with $16 million in guaranteed money on the table, the cost in guaranteed dollars for each lost game rightly should be $200,000.

The key factor here is that ownership, the front office, and the coaching staff are on the same page regarding the importance of holding the line. And who knows? The sense of unity and camaraderie that flows from staring down a diva who might suddenly be thinking that those new-old gold helmets and pants look a lot better after beating the defending NFC champs could provide a greater benefit to the franchise than anything Crabtree could ever do on the field.

It also might help the Niners recapture much of the national following that has scattered to other teams in the 15 years since San Fran last won a Super Bowl.

LINK

Why?

its hard to believe but your posts are getting worse each time

i learn from the best

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/members/profile.php?user=dman
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I honestly believe Crabtree does not want to play for the 49ers in do part because of our Qb situaton.....I think he believes that our Qbs will make him look just average thus making it impossible for him to get a bigger contract in the future...i think this is why he is trying to get paid now rather than wait a few years for that extension.

If that's his reasoning it's such a stupid reason. What 1st round rookie receiver had the best stats last week?

Kenny Brit. Run orientated offense with Kerry Collins at the helm.

Why?

Because he's a homer.

lol

I can't believe you guys are laughing at my sister.
At this point I'm almost hoping that $$tree goes back into the draft so he can fall into the teens and get even less than he would have this year.

He is no Calvin Johnson (slower, shorter and weaker) so I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell he goes higher than 10 next year. I'd bet on 15-25 and will laugh my ass off.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:

A good WR should be able to make an average QB look better, not the other way around. Im sure Calvin Johnson loves the QB situation in Detroit but you dont hear him b***hing and moaning. I wish Crabass was half the man Calvin is. What about Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, Dwayne Bowe and any other WR's who had good years last year with questionable QB's. Crabass seems like the type of player who will halfass any play where he isnt the target. Hopefully he wakes up gets his ass in gear but things dont look good.
Share 49ersWebzone